BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 2, 2012 6:50 pm  #501

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

Girls is great, since we are fangirls, no matter what age we are.  "Fräulein" is really outdated, today all women are addressed as "Frau", no matter how old they are or if they are single or not. I always wondered how you pronounce "Ms". Sounds a bit awkward to me.

Hepzibah, your photos are lovely and highly appreciated. 

PS: I just remembered a nice song by the Lotus Eaters which is called "German girls". That would be fitting. 

Last edited by SusiGo (September 2, 2012 6:51 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 2, 2012 7:19 pm  #502

Ms is pronounced Miz. I always use it because Mrs (Missus) is for married women, Miss is for single women and Ms means mind your own damn business!
Men go by Mr (Mister) which doesn't reveal their marital status. I figure that we women should have the same right to privacy. Yes, I am a militant, humourless feminist, which is what some ignorant men call women who stand up for themselves.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

September 2, 2012 7:23 pm  #503

Well roared, lioness. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 2, 2012 7:25 pm  #504

SusiGo wrote:

Girls is great, since we are fangirls, no matter what age we are.  )

So, what about a nice girls night then some day - Susi, Britta, Sammy? We could bring along all our favourite pictures, happily melting away together.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

September 2, 2012 7:26 pm  #505

Anytime, girls, anytime. 

September 2, 2012 7:28 pm  #506

God, I would love to jump on a plane and have an evening with you girls, how much fun would it be 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

September 2, 2012 7:30 pm  #507

Maybe you book a cheap last minute flight. Or we could do a skype conference (a bit like John in ASiB).

September 2, 2012 7:38 pm  #508

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

September 2, 2012 7:40 pm  #509

Do you mean 'lion' Susi?

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 2, 2012 7:52 pm  #510

I know in Shakespeare it's lion but Hepzibah being a girl … 

September 2, 2012 8:01 pm  #511

hepzibah wrote:

.....Men go by Mr (Mister) which doesn't reveal their marital status. I figure that we women should have the same right to privacy. Yes, I am a militant, humourless feminist, which is what some ignorant men call women who stand up for themselves.

That's exactly the reason, why Fräulein is no longer in use here.

Meeting? Where, when? I'll be there! 
For hep we can build up a skype connection on a separate laptop.The laptop we put on the couch so it's nice and cozy -  and feed it with crisps and sparkling wine from time to time.

And then we watch together SH 1-6 without break.

Last edited by Mattlocked (September 2, 2012 8:02 pm)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

September 2, 2012 8:02 pm  #512

Great idea. Count me in!

September 2, 2012 8:07 pm  #513

Mattlocked wrote:

Plus the Pilot of course...

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

September 2, 2012 8:08 pm  #514

I'm late coming into this discussion, but just for the record...
Some women in the US object to being called "girls." They think it is condescencing and demeaning -- implying that grown females are not adults. For example, a common complaint is that in the old days, businessmen would refer their female secretaries/assistants as "my girl."  A lot depends on context, though. Generally, I have no objection to girls calling each other girls among themselves in an informal setting -- like this forum.

September 2, 2012 8:14 pm  #515

Interesting how much these things differ between languages/cultures. I think in German-speaking countries hardly any women would object to being called a girl. "Fräulein" is a diminutive of "Frau" (woman) which isn't really appreciated these days. And why should there be a distinction between married and unmarried women at all?

September 2, 2012 8:16 pm  #516

As to the Pilot, do you mean Martin Crieff?

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 2, 2012 8:17 pm  #517

tobeornot221b wrote:

Mattlocked wrote:

Plus the Pilot of course...

Oh, yes, the pilot! We'll invite Martin!! 

September 2, 2012 8:18 pm  #518

LOL  Davina, give me a high five!

September 2, 2012 8:18 pm  #519

Of course. First we'll do episodes 1-6 and then all episodes of CP plus the Christmas special. I guess when we start Friday evening we'll manage over the weekend. And maybe we could get MJN Air to fly Hepzibah in.  Then Martin could watch the pilot with us.

September 2, 2012 8:20 pm  #520

Hey, this is going so fast I don't dare to leave the computer. Talking about addiction …

Board footera