BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 25, 2016 5:05 pm  #1

Episode titles (spoilers)

Straight from Sherlocked:

Episode 1: 
The Six Thatchers

Episode 2:
The Lying Detective

No title for episode 3 so far. 

Last edited by SusiGo (September 26, 2016 6:22 am)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 25, 2016 5:06 pm  #2

Re: Episode titles (spoilers)

The fact that E3 is missing scares me a bit.

Oh, this is exciting!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

September 25, 2016 5:11 pm  #3

There is a very interesting entry on John's blog regarding The Six Thatchers. And it goes back to the times of ASiB, so the hints about going back, the plane from ASiB, the girl from ASiB, seems to make sense. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 25, 2016 5:15 pm  #4

OMG!! I vaguely remember that Thatchers things from John's blog too

That's very interesting in deed... and it scares me so, so much. Is the title spoilery? Is it something we can't handle?? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

September 25, 2016 5:15 pm  #5

Oh sorry, I thought we were all posting on the same thread and have only just realised we weren't!
To reiterate what I said on the other thread:  the first title makes me laugh.
The second one may appear a tad scary, but I assume it's a play on 'The dying detective'.
I'm sure there is a third episode, though a little concerning that they don't want us to know the title.

Yes, Phantom, I assume it's a spoiler issue.

Last edited by besleybean (September 25, 2016 5:16 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 25, 2016 5:24 pm  #6

My fault, I posted at the same time as Susi on the other thread.  I'd just mentioned over there that "Thatcher" was one of our key words, and that "Lying" seems to be a play on "Dying".  In the story, the dying detective is also lying, obviously, so maybe we are going to see something similar.  

Except our Culverton Smith doesn't seem to be a doctor?

Last edited by Liberty (September 26, 2016 6:38 am)

September 25, 2016 5:26 pm  #7

Maybe Sherlock is lying about being all right.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

September 25, 2016 5:30 pm  #8

True.  Anyway, the six Thatchers seem to be linked to the six Napoleons (as I'm sure somebody mentioned in the other thread).  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Adventure_of_the_Six_Napoleons

September 25, 2016 5:37 pm  #9

(Are we talking spoilery here? Because I have a theory on Culverton and the doctor thing...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

September 25, 2016 5:40 pm  #10

You could hide it inside a spoiler thingy.

Like this.

Last edited by Schmiezi (September 25, 2016 5:45 pm)

September 25, 2016 5:47 pm  #11

Good idea.  I've put my comment in spoilers.  Or the other thread has "spoiler" in the title.  Whatever's best!  I'm interested in your ideas, Phantom.

September 25, 2016 5:48 pm  #12

Though the thread is' episode titles': and if you don't want spoilers, I would presume you wouldn't visit such threads...this forum is in the S4 section of the board, after all- by nature, very spoilery!

Last edited by besleybean (September 25, 2016 5:48 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 25, 2016 5:50 pm  #13

I just read Johns blog and all I'm wondering about right now is if the knife really could have survived in the oven. 

Last edited by Mattlocked (September 25, 2016 5:51 pm)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

September 25, 2016 5:52 pm  #14

Oh that sounds like the 'One of Us' series, that's just aired on UK TV!

September 25, 2016 5:53 pm  #15

Mattlocked wrote:

I just read Johns blog and all I'm wondering about right now is if the knife really could have survived in the oven.

Can't you try it? For science ...

September 25, 2016 5:54 pm  #16

Hehe, I'm just about to ask my friends in the pottery forum. 

September 25, 2016 5:55 pm  #17

A pottery forum?  That sounds fab!

September 25, 2016 5:59 pm  #18

I'll put it in a spoiler tag! 

We've seen Culverton on posters during Setlock, haven't we? Maybe he's a TV doctor or shrink... a sort of Doctor Phil but with some sinister things going on? He seems very 'showey' from the teaser

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

September 25, 2016 5:59 pm  #19

I'm a hobby potter. So of course I'm in a pottery forum.

September 25, 2016 6:13 pm  #20

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

I'll put it in a spoiler tag! 

We've seen Culverton on posters during Setlock, haven't we? Maybe he's a TV doctor or shrink... a sort of Doctor Phil but with some sinister things going on? He seems very 'showey' from the teaser

Yes, definitely looks like some kind of TV show judging from the poster and I agree about the teaser .  It's the doctor bit that's puzzling me - "murder in the boardroom"?  "Business" killer?  They sound like something else.  Unless, as you say, he's kind of a Dr Phil (who I'm not very familiar with), for businesses?     We do know that there are medical elements in this episode, so how exactly does that connect to this version of Culverton?

Last edited by Liberty (September 26, 2016 6:39 am)

Board footera