BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 23, 2016 1:29 am  #1

Series 4 Question

If this has been discussed, my apologies. I'm new and have been reading, but may have missed something!

How does this Series 4 thing work for those of us in the US? I'm a recent devotee, and was wondering what will happen.

I know they've said Jan 2017 for the air date, but not in the US. How long does it usually take for it to get here? How can we possibly avoid spoilers all over the net?

I am hoping for words of encouragement from someone who has survived this before!

Thanks!

"What do we say about coincidences?"
"The universe is rarely so lazy."

September 23, 2016 5:42 am  #2

Re: Series 4 Question

I don't know about the U.S release date...I thought you were actually getting to see it the same time as us, on this occasion?
But as for spoilers: be aware of this forum, they are everywhere!
I mean much is speculation, but we do have setlock pics and discussion etc.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 23, 2016 7:05 am  #3

With the TAB special they managed to air it in the US and UK simultaneously. I am sure they will try to do the same for series 4 but there no airdates so far, not even for the UK. 

Before the new episodes air, we try to keep spoilers in the threads that are marked accordingly. After the new episodes have aired in Britain, all threads are open for discussing them. 

Last edited by SusiGo (September 23, 2016 7:06 am)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 23, 2016 8:40 pm  #4

Thank you both for replying!

I hope that's the way it works out. I had heard that there were delays in the past, and I know we have issues getting other British programming in a timely fashion. Graham Norton was delayed months this past series. RAWR.

I will pay attention to any spoilers warnings here, though the setlock stuff doesn't bother me. Especially since I've watched some interviews and found out that you can't trust anything you see! 😆

You guys are the best!

"What do we say about coincidences?"
"The universe is rarely so lazy."

September 24, 2016 6:34 pm  #5

BlueBluenova3 wrote:

Especially since I've watched some interviews and found out that you can't trust anything you see! 😆

See, you already know the most important stuff.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

Board footera