BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 13, 2016 6:25 pm  #21

Re: Let's play deductions

Oh, there you go with the initials, besleybean!  I'm forced to ask another question:  What's TAB?

September 13, 2016 6:26 pm  #22

Shucks, I realised as soon as I did it!
Sorry:  The Abominable Bride.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 13, 2016 6:32 pm  #23

I was wracking my pea-sized brain for an episode name with that acronym!  I'm glad I'm in good company. Looks like it's been a long wait.  I'll fill the time until the new series memorizing  episode acronyms.

Sorry to hijack such a fun thread with newbie questions. Congrats to Jim_from_IT and ukaunz for finding each other!

September 13, 2016 6:34 pm  #24

The ironic thing is, when I first got involved with the fandom, certain fan groups were quite Stalinist about you using the correct acronyms and I used to fight against it...but I seem to have decided I can't beat them and have now joined them!

Last edited by besleybean (September 13, 2016 7:48 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 13, 2016 7:41 pm  #25

Interesting!  While I favored using episode names in my previous fandom/forum (no one had thought to use acronyms) it became standard to use the episode numbers, in the way the creators/actors/etc of the show did.  Took me forever to figure out which episode was 206, or 703.  I would often refer to them with both, i.e. 212/Enemies Closer. I think acronyms will be perfect. Shorter, and clearly reference the title! It'll be much easier for me!

September 13, 2016 7:49 pm  #26

I originally used to always say:  Pink, Bank, Game, then Scandal, Hound and The Fall.
It was only really by S3, that I got into the acronyms.

September 13, 2016 10:02 pm  #27

Ha! That's a good way! Nice that there are only 3 epis per season to remember; but sad too.  I'd love a longer season. I'm sure the caliber of production & length of episodes of Sherlock are prohibitive.  Considering that  one season of my show was twelve 45 minute episodes, Sherlock at 90 minutes (?) is equal to 6 episodes, which were each produced in one week. Worth it for the superior quality! 

Last edited by Tilly11 (September 13, 2016 10:03 pm)

September 14, 2016 5:39 am  #28

I believe those were the exact thoughts of the BBC!

September 14, 2016 2:08 pm  #29

I kept seeing this topic come up, but I did't actually click on it for a while.  What a great story! I had no idea you had left that note, ukaunz, or perhaps I forgot you had if you had mentioned it before.  

As soon as jim_from_IT said "Canberra" I knew it was ukaunz, because I've seen her mention where she lives once or twice before.  And as I read the rest of the deductions I thought "Wow! Impressive!"

So, it's late, but welcome to our forum! I hope you have fun, though it seems that has already happened!

Clueing for looks.

October 22, 2016 6:44 pm  #30

Hi. I'm Victoria, and I'm learning how to think like SH, I fought, that brobably I should make a website about deducing, but I'm not sure. What do you think?

Board footera