BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 29, 2016 8:33 am  #1761

Re: Post Your Absence

Oh, didn't see you were away, too  mrshouse: have fun.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 29, 2016 8:15 pm  #1762

Omg...  what a week to come back, catching up here and elsewhere (not sure if anyone saw my post as to such above).  Wistfully excitedly overwhelmed by everything out of SDCC that weekend, and the resulting flood been catching up reading!  Sherlock and Doctor Strange!?      Thudding several times over, not to mention how great is this forum with all the energy and instantaneous info/thoughts/connections being made?  Loving all the pics and info from panels... thanks.

And then! excitedly nervous about a project this week that will likely also distract further from being on here for a bit (but still enjoying all your posts!) -- ever hear of GISHWHES?  (www.gishwhes.com)  Got myself roped in by my geeky friends into this, all of us newbies at it, but hopefully be awesome with accomplishing this insane international scavenger hunt with items that basically encourage you to do good and be creative/crazy, run by Misha Collins (of Supernatural), and... and possibly, maybe, win a trip to Iceland with him!   

So.  Wish me luck, and cheers to those also doing little trips...  have fun!!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

July 30, 2016 7:07 pm  #1763

That sounds busy, but enjoy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 9, 2016 4:00 pm  #1764

*crawls back in from the chaos of GISHWHES*  Oi!  No forum all. week. long....  missed it here!!

Hardly even checked news sites or what have you in the midst of staging various random acts of kindness, more crafting than I'm used to doing, more hanging out and back and forth pinging with the two girls at work doing it with me (and the rest of our team), had a picnic at my grandparent's gravestone, re-purposed an artichoke as a loofah (loofah-choke!), helped a Klingon steal someone's job, got in a coffin with popcorn, became a citizen of Westarctica (learned something new about micro-nations this week!), was part of one of those dancing Chinese new year dragon things in public where people move under it, only it looked like Castiel from Supernatural, got stressed, lost sleep, got creatively nudged, and the contest as a whole raised a ton of money for several refugee families and clean water filters.       Interesting experience to get myself out with for the first time, but not sure ever again!!

But I'm back... what'd I miss??  (besides banter and cool news of Ben's new project!)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

August 15, 2016 8:50 pm  #1765

I haven't been here for one year now. It's not like I forget about this site, but I wasn't happy about here, really. Something I don't wish to discuss about. I've decided to left here and find something else. :/ 

But, wanted to say thank you for kept me here as a member. It was feeling nice when someone welcomed me here when I first joined here. I don't really talk much, I am sorry. 

But I hope you all be well and have a nice wonderful future.  

"I like detective stories - and detectives. Brainy is the new sexy." - Irene Adler
"Every fairy tale needs a good old-fashioned villain....You're on the side of the angels." - Jim Moriarty

August 15, 2016 9:17 pm  #1766

I am sorry to hear that. Good luck to you. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 25, 2016 7:17 pm  #1767

I'll be away this weekend, leaving tomorrow. 

I'll be celebrating my best friend's Birthday tomorrow, going to her party on Saturday and sleep at her place until Sunday. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

August 25, 2016 7:18 pm  #1768

Enjoy.

August 25, 2016 9:55 pm  #1769

Have a nice time Phantom.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

September 10, 2016 12:20 am  #1770

Hey everyone,

I know I haven't been around the forum for a while, but I've been trying to spend less time online (for reasons). I've missed you guys, but my life is balancing a bit better these days. I thought I would give the forum a break and probably come back closer to s4's arrival. Well, I came back early to look for some fic recs recently and had a nice surprise when I read that someone had found a note I left in a book a long time ago. Now that I'm back, it's hard to resist catching up on all the threads...

Anyway, just to let you know, I'm going away on a big trip on the 17th and will be away for a bit over 5 weeks (back on Oct 24). My family and I are going to India! It's exciting and nerve wracking in equal parts, but it's sure to be a worthwhile adventure.

So I probably won't be on the forum until I get back home, and I plan on seeing Doctor Strange when it comes out here the last week of October, and hopefully there will be lots of squee to join in with then (I just had a thought, there might be red carpet premiere photos of Benedict!  ). I'm also looking forward to finding out how the next Secret Santa exchange is going, and helping where I can. I'm happy to beta for anyone who needs it

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

September 10, 2016 7:18 am  #1771

Good for you, that you feel your life is balanced out better now, ukaunz. I know that urge very well....
And have a great time in India! I'm green with envy!

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

September 10, 2016 7:19 am  #1772

Have a good trip.

September 10, 2016 8:36 am  #1773

Good to see you, ukaunz! And good that things are coming together. I hope you have an amazing trip too! 

Have fun and take care of yourself! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

September 10, 2016 9:26 am  #1774

Thanks everyone

I was thinking while I'm there, I should do some Sherlockian experiments and observations, such as measuring the depth to which a chocolate flake sinks into our ice cream cones

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

September 10, 2016 9:27 am  #1775

Mine wouldn't last long enough!

September 10, 2016 10:52 am  #1776

Enjoy, ukaunz! Sounds like a wonderful adventure. :D

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

September 10, 2016 11:55 am  #1777

Enjoy your trip ukaunz. It will surely be impressive.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

October 5, 2016 8:12 am  #1778

So I head off back down to London, today...
An evening with Mark and Ian on Friday...can't wait!
Back next week.
Hopefully I'll at least manage my daily Facebook/Twitter posts and maybe to report back on the show.

October 5, 2016 8:19 am  #1779

I shall do, thank you.

October 28, 2016 5:27 am  #1780

Hello hello, I'm back 

I see I've got lots of catch-up reading to do...

Board footera