BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 31, 2012 3:25 pm  #481

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

Oh, this is a very scientific approach, Mattlocked. I'm sure the results are beyond any doubt.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 31, 2012 3:35 pm  #482

The science of deduction.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 31, 2012 3:37 pm  #483

Exactly.

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 31, 2012 5:02 pm  #484

While talking about variety:

August 31, 2012 5:06 pm  #485

Is that Martin taking an exit after GERTI hit the goose?

August 31, 2012 5:09 pm  #486

Martin and Douglas. Yeah.

September 2, 2012 3:22 pm  #487

Okay, time to move this thread along

These are from a Harpers Bazaar photoshoot from a couple of years ago. I especially love the top right one, he looks so angelic.

Last edited by hepzibah (September 2, 2012 3:23 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

September 2, 2012 3:25 pm  #488

Oh, a second ago I thought Hep's online, why are there no new photos? They are … beautiful. 

September 2, 2012 3:31 pm  #489

Ha ha, you know me too well, Tobe. Where are Susi & Britta?

By the way, when I typed you nickname, i thought of Toblerone chocolate. Mm, Benny & chocolate, the perfect combination 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

September 2, 2012 3:32 pm  #490

Er, I'm not Tobe, I'm Susi. Slightly drunk on the pictures, I suppose? 

September 2, 2012 3:38 pm  #491

Argh, how embarrassing! I had just read something that Tobe posted on another thread and then I was obviously blinded by the beauty of Benny, and I got confused! Easy for me to do  Lucky there is a smiley for 'embarrassed.

Okay, let me rephrase, where are Tobe and Britta?

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

September 2, 2012 3:43 pm  #492

Never mind, it's understandable if you look at the photos. Britta wanted to take a walk in the real world, I'm sure she'll be back soon. I don't know what Tobe's up to. Next time our little Benedict Appreciation Club should make an appointment so we can meet and provide ourselves with tea/coffee and cake while enjoying the photos.

September 2, 2012 4:29 pm  #493

Susi, Tobe, Britta.... all German, all blonde, almost the same age - so who cares?   
Btw, here is Britta now, back from the "walk in the real world". (Well, now and then I force myself to go back there for a short while...  )
I thought it's autumn now so I was wearing a sweater and a jacket. To notice: Hey, it's still summer! So I felt quite hot, even without your pictures. 

September 2, 2012 4:38 pm  #494

Yeh, I think I will just refer to you guys as the Fraulein. Welcome back from the real world, greatly over-rated place. It's officially Spring here in Oz but I still have two doonas on my bed. Brrr

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

September 2, 2012 4:44 pm  #495

Fräulein - oh, what a long time ago since I heard that.
I hope you know you'd risk your life today if you refer to any woman in Germany as Fräulein...?!   

Oz? Oh, so you know THE wizard face-to-face I guess?

September 2, 2012 5:03 pm  #496

Oops, have I put my foot in my mouth again? What is the correct German terminology for a group of wonderful women? I thought Fraulein was just a word for young women, like Miss is in English. Apologies for English-centric ignorance.

As for the Wizard, she is a brilliant woman called Julia Gillard, our first woman Prime Minister, the equivalent of Angela Merkel. Two strong economies, two women leaders. Coincidence? I think not.

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

September 2, 2012 5:13 pm  #497

hepzibah wrote:

Oops, have I put my foot in my mouth again? What is the correct German terminology for a group of wonderful women? I thought Fraulein was just a word for young women, like Miss is in English. Apologies for English-centric ignorance.

Nobody uses "Fräulein" these days. The correct, polite (and boring) German terminology would be "Damen" ("Ladies").
I would call a bunch of guys like Susi, Britta and myself "Mädels"/girls - regardless of age. It's kind of state of mind.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

September 2, 2012 5:20 pm  #498

Thanks, Tobe, it's funny how languages change and evolve.

Anywhoo, how do you like the pictures I posted earlier? She says, changing the subject as quickly as possible.

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

September 2, 2012 5:20 pm  #499

No problem, at least not mine. 
It is true, Fräulein has been used for young, unmarried women in former times.
Until the women found it degorative (had to look it up, hope I found the right word) and for sure a lot of men used it like that. Kind of "Hello, little Miss!" (People do get so sentimental about their pets.. wait, where did I hear that recently?  )
So some didn't feel as adequate when called Fräulein. Also I think some men could think that a Fräulein is not married, so she is fair game (also just looked it up, in German "Freiwild").
During the developement of emancipation meanwhile only "Frau" is left. No matter if married or not.

So you have a brilliant woman as leader? Congrats, we don't. 

Edit: Susi - errrr.... Tobe  put it in a nice short way. Thanks tobe.

Last edited by Mattlocked (September 2, 2012 5:22 pm)

September 2, 2012 5:39 pm  #500

They introduced Ms here so that it could be used to replace Mrs. and Miss but it hasn't really caught on.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera