BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 31, 2016 1:40 pm  #41

Re: Official BBC releases - Series 4 - The Game is On!

Ugh! Yeah this is scaring me. Job well done! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

August 31, 2016 1:57 pm  #42

My very first thought when I saw the photo was "They're NOT looking at each other!!!!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 31, 2016 2:03 pm  #43

Pretty much the same thing for me.  The first thing I thought was "Why is John looking away?" It makes me nervous that they will be distancing from each other for a while.  But I know they can't stay very separated for long.

Clueing for looks.

August 31, 2016 2:27 pm  #44

My first thought after seeing this pic (after squealing in delight) was that is was very dark and gloomy. And John seemed to be better (and more expensively?) dressed than before.

And, yeah, I noticed the lack of connection too.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

August 31, 2016 2:28 pm  #45

Well, we know from Setlock that Sherlock is still wearing the coat. John's appearance has changed far more than Sherlock's and I hope that this is proof of him finally taking things into his hands instead of mainly reacting like he did in series 3. As for the pic - it is dark, yes, and very stylish, especially Martin's new hair. Benedict is repeating a gesture from, I think it was series 2, promo shots. This is what we have been promised - dark and brooding. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 31, 2016 4:36 pm  #46

I love John's shirt!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 31, 2016 5:06 pm  #47

And John is wearing a different watch than before!

August 31, 2016 5:14 pm  #48

Wonderful picture...! Lots of emotions in here I feel.
Not sure my heart will take it...!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

August 31, 2016 5:16 pm  #49

.....and another thing, John's not wearing a jumper! 

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

August 31, 2016 5:17 pm  #50

Maybe it's Summer!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 31, 2016 5:29 pm  #51

My first thought was actually that it reminds me of James Bond, at least Sherlock does here.  The suit, the pose, the expression. 

Now, I see what you all are saying about them not looking at each other.  But to me, they feel quite together in this position.   There's a sense of them together, looking out at the world.  John almost looks like he could be a bodyguard for Sherlock, watching out for danger and protecting him.  "The two of us against the world". 

Their outfits are very different, but matching, colourwise.  And the position of John's arms is similar to Sherlock's - different but matching again. 

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic but I'm hoping that they're together more in S4, than in S3. 

August 31, 2016 5:40 pm  #52

I love your interpretation Liberty.

The pic leaves me super excited. There seems so much going on you cannot really put your finger on.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

August 31, 2016 5:50 pm  #53

Liberty wrote:

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic but I'm hoping that they're together more in S4, than in S3. 

I most definitely share that hope. I'm not sure I'd be able to take another S3 experience again.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 31, 2016 5:50 pm  #54

Yes, I agree, Liberty's interpretation is wonderful. John is not so much distant but watchful while Sherlock is deep in thought. 

And I am sure they are not going to repeat S3. There may be terrible obstacles but I hope they will face them together. 

Last edited by SusiGo (August 31, 2016 5:51 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 31, 2016 5:53 pm  #55

Maybe just wishful thinking, Schmiezi, but I do see that - the picture actually makes me feel more confident.  Maybe it won't be the whole thing, but I really want to see at least one episode where they're a pair (and living together ideally - don't leave that for the might-never-happen S5!).

James Bond pose for reference:

I know there's a gun in the picture, but still the arms are similar.

Last edited by Liberty (August 31, 2016 6:01 pm)

August 31, 2016 5:55 pm  #56

We did have two series of that!
But yes, it would be nice to get back to that.

August 31, 2016 6:04 pm  #57

besleybean wrote:

Maybe it's Summer!

It's NEVER summer on Sherlock! 

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

August 31, 2016 6:46 pm  #58

tonnaree wrote:

besleybean wrote:

Maybe it's Summer!

It's NEVER summer on Sherlock! 

Except for when it's Christmas and John is leaving 221B, THEN it's definitely summer.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 31, 2016 7:41 pm  #59

Clueing for looks.

August 31, 2016 7:52 pm  #60

John's always looked out for Sherlock.

Board footera