BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 30, 2016 5:09 am  #1

A lurker revealed

Hey fam! Been scanning these boards for news and speculation for a couple of weeks now and you guys seemed too cool not to join in the fun. I miss actively being part of a fandom; just Netflixing and squealing by myself isn't enough anymore! Some of my favorite memories of growing up were staying up with the forum friends all night dissecting every millisecond of each new Harry Potter trailer that came out, or whatever I was obsessed with at the time. I think we have a really special thing with Sherlock and it would be a shame not to enjoy it to its fullest- count me in! 

-Katy 

July 30, 2016 6:30 am  #2

Re: A lurker revealed

Welcome, Katy!  What you said about the dissecting the trailers really struck a chord with me!  Unlike you, I haven't been involved in doing this before, but when the S4 trailer came out I found myself repeatedly watching it, listening to every word, and pausing every frame, it seemed!  And yes, it's so much better having people to discuss it with!

July 30, 2016 4:25 pm  #3

Welcome! I hope you enjoy participating.

Clueing for looks.

July 30, 2016 4:46 pm  #4

Welcome to our friendly forum!

July 30, 2016 4:49 pm  #5

Welcome, dear lurker and enjoy the forum. 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 31, 2016 5:54 am  #6

Thanks all!! The new season can't come soon enough. I hear they're making a group-watch thing on Netflix where you can watch in sync with people and have a chat bar going- maybe a bunch of us can make use of that sometime. Looking forward to the collective gross sobbing that is going to take place here in 2017...

July 31, 2016 6:16 am  #7

Welcome to the forum, Katy. You have chosen an exciting time to join the fandom. :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

July 31, 2016 2:31 pm  #8

Hi Katy! I have a question: Are you me?
I miss those good old Harry Potter times.^^ This crazy fandom stuff you can only do in forums like this one here. It seems like people around me are too boring and you seem to have the same problem.

I don't think I want to watch the show in sync with other people though. They might talk. And I don't want to miss something when I watch for the first time. There is going on too much in show like Sherlock.

Last edited by Rache (July 31, 2016 2:32 pm)

- - -

Breathing is boring!

English isn't my first language, feel free to correct me via PM!

August 29, 2016 9:17 pm  #9

Hello and welcome.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera