BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 30, 2012 2:51 pm  #1

Fake photography before photoshop

A really great, well-researched article. Poor Sir Arthur Conan Doyle gets a mention or two, embarrassingly. Thre are some great links included within this article, just click on the blue bits of writing.

www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesign/2012/aug/29/fake-photography-before-photoshop?newsfeed=true

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 31, 2012 2:03 am  #2

Re: Fake photography before photoshop

Great article. I remember seeing that fairies photo. I guess at that time using props and lighting tricks was fairly unheard of

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

August 31, 2012 3:50 pm  #3

Oh, the fairies. Aww, poor Arthur.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

August 31, 2012 6:08 pm  #4

Poor Tinkerbell you mean!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 1, 2012 10:44 pm  #5

But everyone knows that fairies die if you don't believe in them!

Hm, this reminds me of one Torchwood episode...

September 2, 2012 7:17 am  #6

Exactly! Poor Tinkerbell! 

Clap your hands everyone! And say, ' I believe in fairies'.

September 2, 2012 8:43 am  #7

*clap hands* I believe in fairies!
I even have a fairy door in my garden, similar to this one:

and I'm quite sure it's used frequently! 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

September 2, 2012 10:17 am  #8

Is that the Magic Faraway Tree?

September 2, 2012 10:22 am  #9

Might be... 

This summer I'm also building up a Groby Great Tree . Well, in fact it's just a hazelnut, but with a lot of things hanging in its branches.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

Board footera