BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 26, 2016 5:20 pm  #3521

Re: Series 4 Setlock (potential spoilers)

I only hope that it is a true baddie he is aiming at. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 26, 2016 5:37 pm  #3522

Or that it's a joke gun.

Hmm, we've talked about him shooting somebody he cares about then being horrified (desparately trying to put together the pieces we've seen!).   I wonder if they'd use shooting again - quite possibly, as they do actually use guns quite a lot in the show.    This appears to be shooting in the head (like Magnussen) so presumably shooting to kill?  Can we deduce anything from the height?   To me it looks like he's shooting somebody around his own height, which might rule out shorter cast members (Mrs Hudson, John, etc.).  Mycroft?

August 26, 2016 5:40 pm  #3523

Honestly, he seems panicked to me, and not at his best-- so possibly ill, possibly hazy because of illness, He looks like he's wildly firing off a shot, not aiming properly. Possibly hallucinating and fighting that. It could explain some of the other action/fighting setlock photos where Sherlock's getting pretty beat up. 

Last edited by RavenMorganLeigh (August 26, 2016 5:42 pm)

August 26, 2016 5:43 pm  #3524

The height might still be relevant - for instance, if he's hallucinating an image of a real person.  I agree he looks panicked - quite different to shooting Magnussen, even though he's very emotional there. 

August 26, 2016 5:47 pm  #3525

Not due where this is going...are we thinking Moriarty?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 26, 2016 6:03 pm  #3526

Possibly, although he's shorter than Sherlock (not much shorter, but Sherlock appears to be taller than Benedict Cumberbatch!). 

Of course it could be anyone if they're standing on a chair.

August 26, 2016 6:09 pm  #3527

And if he's ill, or possibly poisoned-- hallucinating, his aim could be waaaay off. 

August 26, 2016 7:58 pm  #3528

I'm just imagininig somebody standing on a chair while Sherlock shoots at him / her - that scene I'd love to see, especially what lead up to it. :D But then again, I want to see the scene anyway!

------------------------------------------------------------
"Love something, and love it deeply."
Andrew Scott

"I don’t care how hypothetical it is, I’m not flying with a live otter in the flight deck."
Captain Martin Crieff

August 26, 2016 9:20 pm  #3529

Personally, I believe he is hallucinating and shooting at something that´s not really there.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

August 26, 2016 9:21 pm  #3530

That is a distinct possibility.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 26, 2016 9:23 pm  #3531

Yes, regarding the way he looked during ep. 2 setlock this is indeed possible. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 26, 2016 9:31 pm  #3532

I think either that, Nakahara, or he's shooting at the wall in anger/frustration.

Doomsteady on AO3 & Tumblr

August 27, 2016 12:24 am  #3533

The last time he shot at the wall, he was bored.  Something tells me that's not the reason this time!

August 27, 2016 1:07 am  #3534

I'm going with hallucinations.

August 27, 2016 5:28 am  #3535

nakahara wrote:

Personally, I believe he is hallucinating and shooting at something that´s not really there.

At first I thought that he accidentally somebody for real while halucinating to shoot at somebody / something else. But that was because of the way the trailer is cut. I'd bet that nothing too bad happens in that scene. They just want to scares us.

I hope.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

August 27, 2016 6:58 am  #3536

Yes, I wouldn't be surprised if the trailer turns out to be very misleading. 

August 27, 2016 7:26 am  #3537

Though none will ever be as misleading as the first one!

August 27, 2016 6:35 pm  #3538

I've never seen the teasers or trailers for any of the first 3 seasons.  I should like to see them now!

August 27, 2016 6:37 pm  #3539

They're probably all on Youtube.

August 28, 2016 10:07 am  #3540

I am almost certain the trailer and teaser will be misleading. They are expert trolls

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera