BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 7, 2012 2:32 pm  #1

Meet Ups in US and Canada

Calgary Canada. There is a meet up in August. Go to 221beaver.tumblr.com for RSVP and more info.

July 14th meet up on Austin, Texas @ the Baker Street Pub at 4pm.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 7, 2012 6:31 pm  #2

Re: Meet Ups in US and Canada

Come on, Midwesterners! Can we get something going?

July 24, 2012 4:32 pm  #3

Davina wrote:

Calgary Canada. There is a meet up in August. Go to 221beaver.tumblr.com for RSVP and more info.

July 14th meet up on Austin, Texas @ the Baker Street Pub at 4pm.

A bit more information on this in case anyone is interested. @yycsherlock have tweeted that the majority of respondents so far have said Sunday August 12th but other dates are possible. RSVP to the Tumblr address above.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 8, 2012 2:40 am  #4

veecee wrote:

Yeah, come on people! I mean, I know the fall football season is almost here, but we all have HIGHER priorities than watching a bunch of guys get TBI chasing after a football!

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
"I killed people"   "You're a Doctor!"    "I had bad days..."

August 8, 2012 8:42 pm  #5

HoosierPhD wrote:

veecee wrote:

Yeah, come on people! I mean, I know the fall football season is almost here, but we all have HIGHER priorities than watching a bunch of guys get TBI chasing after a football!

Oh, you don't live in Ann Arbor, home of the Wolverines.

But, seriously, I'd love it if we could get something happening.

Last edited by veecee (August 8, 2012 8:44 pm)

August 9, 2012 12:36 am  #6

veecee wrote:

HoosierPhD wrote:

veecee wrote:

That would be awesome 

September 2, 2012 1:31 am  #7

veecee wrote:

HoosierPhD wrote:

veecee wrote:

Ooooh! I live in Michigan as well (but sorry, we're Spartans in my family ;)). I'd love to get something going.

***********************************************************************************************************************
In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king. And honey...you should see me in a crown...

September 2, 2012 7:30 am  #8

Wolverines? Spartans? Is this some sort of cult? Or are you all superhero types there?

September 2, 2012 8:36 pm  #9

Well, yes, the Wolverines are superheroes, in fact. Unfortunately, there must have been kryptonite in the stadium last night when they lost to Alabama.

But, if you really want to know... the Wolverines (University of Michigan) and the Spartans (Michigan State) are rival college teams -- particulary in (American) football and basketball. And, some people might consider the followers of either as a cult!

September 2, 2012 8:58 pm  #10

Isn't it difficult to catch a ball with long talons on your hands? WOuldn't the ball get punctured? As for Spartans...well we all know what they got up to..don't we! Lol

September 2, 2012 11:18 pm  #11

Davina -- Ah, you looked up wolverines. Ugly, little things, aren't they? But supposed to be vicious.

Banbha -- As they say, "some of my best friends are Spartans," so I know we can get along as long as we're both Sherlockians. (And if MSU is playing OSU, I will root for the Spartans.)

September 2, 2012 11:33 pm  #12

veecee wrote:

Banbha -- As they say, "some of my best friends are Spartans," so I know we can get along as long as we're both Sherlockians. (And if MSU is playing OSU, I will root for the Spartans.)

I'm not big on college athletics, to be honest. Just rooting for the rest of the family. But OSU is, to me, like the New York Yankees--I'm for anyone who is playing them. Oh, I'm also a big Detroit Tigers fan.

***********************************************************************************************************************
In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king. And honey...you should see me in a crown...

September 3, 2012 1:42 am  #13

I'm not even from here, and I actually prefer pro ball, but don't tell anyone. I do root for Maize and Blue, though -- it's good for the local morale and economy.

And I live with an avid Tigers fan.

September 3, 2012 6:17 am  #14

I was actually thinking of Hugh Jackman as Wolverine when I wrote that. Well Hugh Jackman as pretty much anything/anyone is ok too.

September 9, 2012 3:20 pm  #15

Oh, yeah! Believe me, Hugh Jackman is a lot easier to look at than an acutal wolverine. (I mean the rodent, not necessarily the football players. Some of them are OK, too)

September 9, 2012 4:41 pm  #16

veecee wrote:

Oh, yeah! Believe me, Hugh Jackman is a lot easier to look at than an acutal wolverine. (I mean the rodent, not necessarily the football players. Some of them are OK, too)

Oh yes...and wolverines are MEAN little suckers.

September 23, 2012 3:08 pm  #17

Another meet up on Calgary, Alberta, Canada. October 13th 2012. Zombie lock. 12pm at Olympic Palza Downtown. A makeup artist is available to zombify ( is that even a word?) from 11am costs $5.

Further information here:
http://221beaver.tumblr.com/

Wishing I was in Calgary! Will there be a stampede I wonder?

October 11, 2012 6:48 pm  #18

Ah sweet. The Calgary meet-up is asking people to bring donations for the food bank with them. What a great idea!

Last edited by Davina (October 11, 2012 7:14 pm)

February 9, 2014 7:51 pm  #19

Are there Midwesterners here? Did I hear Wolverines (Michigan)? :O I was possibly planning a meetup around Ann Arbor or possibly somewhere close by around springtime, would any of you be interested? Open to other places as well (but admittedly, I've just moved here months ago and I still feel new). Feel free to PM me if you'd like to talk about anything! 

February 9, 2014 8:02 pm  #20

dreams and I have PMed. Let's hear from some more Wolverines. Or even Spartans!

Board footera