BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 18, 2016 5:51 pm  #21

Re: When John starts to ask Sherlock for a loan...what do you think?

Within the universe of the show they do have many people compliment John's blog.  Up to and including the "highest in the land."      

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 18, 2016 6:11 pm  #22

kgreen20 wrote:

But then, during the haitus, John meets and falls in love with Mary Morstan. =)  And he decides that he wants to marry her.

And he gets a job working as a general practitioner at a clinic.

Yes, it's a shame this Sherlock guy came back, isn't it? John has been so happy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

August 18, 2016 6:19 pm  #23

John has obviously desperately missed Sherlock, but the points remain: he moved house, fell in love and got a steady job.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 18, 2016 6:29 pm  #24

besleybean wrote:

John has obviously desperately missed Sherlock, but the points remain: he moved house, fell in love and got a steady job.

Exactly the right things for the man who missed the war so much he developed a psychosomatic limp.

:-(

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 18, 2016 6:31 pm  #25

Well yes John obviously misses the lifestyle with Sherlock, too...but I fail to see how this impacts upon Mary.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 18, 2016 6:55 pm  #26

Never mind, we wandered off topic anyway.

August 18, 2016 6:58 pm  #27

Sorry, I didn't actually notice which thread we were on.
But as somebody started talking about Mary, I did think it was the Mary thread!

August 19, 2016 12:38 am  #28

LOL!  Well, we started off trying to deduce Sherlock's motive for deciding to go to the bank to check out the case that his old college classmate is asking him to solve, right when John's trying to ask him for a loan.  Perhaps it's time we returned to that topic. =)

August 19, 2016 5:37 am  #29

I thought it was just a plot device for a laugh!

August 19, 2016 6:51 am  #30

Well, yes.  I do think there's meaning there, but I think there's an awful lot of humour in Sherlock, even though we don't talk about it much!  One of the reasons I found it initially appealing, in fact.  That scene is funny!

Board footera