BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 15, 2016 4:14 pm  #3381

Re: Series 4 Setlock (potential spoilers)

We had suspected that, hadn't we?  Just not sure how much is flashback and how much is mind palace.  Very exciting! 

I'm sure there was a twitter exchange a while back with one of the actors from the wedding confirming that she was in S4.  Obviously it makes sense that the same guests from the wedding should be at the christening, and possibly even that they use the same venue, but it also could be to do with staging a flashback.  I mean, the christening (if there is one) isn't going to BE just a christening - if they show it there will be some point to it. 

August 15, 2016 4:18 pm  #3382

Here is an addition: 

If it helps, the shoot was in the church, no reception, and the shoot did not take long. The people who work at the church never confirmed it was a christening, as I don’t think they saw a service filmed or saw a baby. Which may be telling. It wasn’t a wedding redo, and the orangery was just used as a base. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 15, 2016 4:39 pm  #3383

Oooh, maybe we get to see glimpses of the ceremony! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

August 15, 2016 5:10 pm  #3384

Maybe it's a funeral! 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 15, 2016 5:33 pm  #3385

Liberty wrote:

We had suspected that, hadn't we?  Just not sure how much is flashback and how much is mind palace.  Very exciting! 

I like the idea that some scenes will be neither flashbacks nor mind palace but the real reality because parts of S3 only happened in Sherlock's mind. :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

August 15, 2016 5:52 pm  #3386

Oh, I was counting things that really happened in the past as "flashbacks"!  But yes, they have raised that possibility ... TAB really put a spanner in the works regarding what's real and what's not.  There is complete freedom now to do things like that, which worries me a little (I think we need to be able to trust what we see to some extent), but I'm also quite excited about possibly having new angles on what's happened in previous episodes, and some explanations for the odder things.   

Was waiting for S2 and S3 this exciting?  It couldn't possibly have been!

August 15, 2016 5:53 pm  #3387

tonnaree wrote:

Maybe it's a funeral! 

The clothing is a bit too bright I think

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

August 15, 2016 6:14 pm  #3388

mrshouse wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

Maybe it's a funeral! 

The clothing is a bit too bright I think

Maybe they are happy someone is dead?

Oh god.  I'm horrible.  I'm going to hell.

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

August 15, 2016 6:29 pm  #3389

tonne!!!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

August 15, 2016 6:38 pm  #3390

@ Liberty In a way no...but then the story is now reaching something of a fever pitch.

Last edited by besleybean (August 15, 2016 6:38 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 15, 2016 7:02 pm  #3391

Lautrela wrote:

I just hope that if it's a christening, they won't name the baby Sherrinford ! 

You know they're going to name it Sherlie!   

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

August 15, 2016 7:23 pm  #3392

I hadn't had the baby lined up as a Sherrinford, but I suppose it's a possibility!  Somebody's got to be Sherrinford.  And there can be only one Sherlock ... although if they called her that, it would make Mary and the baby Sherlock and Watson (mixing first and last names, I know!). 

August 15, 2016 8:26 pm  #3393

The blonde lady was at Moriarty's trial too so I wouldn't read too much into that, maybe she's just a recurring face in the crowd.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

August 16, 2016 5:50 pm  #3394

some lovely old setlock- Nostalgia sets in

August 16, 2016 6:08 pm  #3395

Great shots.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 16, 2016 6:17 pm  #3396

Agreed, great shots - can't wait to see where this is going!

However, superficial as it is - I do NOT like John's hair! It might look great on Martin, but it's not for John.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

August 16, 2016 6:21 pm  #3397

I do agree about John's hair... I am hoping for an explanation, lol. 

And awesome pics, The first one is cute!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

August 16, 2016 7:54 pm  #3398

I like the hair but I am also keen to get an explanation for Martin's and Amanda's changed hair. I do not see how they could start S4E1 with a time jump. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 16, 2016 7:59 pm  #3399

I really wish that they would return John's hairstyle to the style he wore in the first three seasons.  Preferably the first two.  (Hint, hint, Moffat and Gatiss!)

Last edited by kgreen20 (August 16, 2016 8:04 pm)

August 16, 2016 8:01 pm  #3400

SusiGo wrote:

I like the hair but I am also keen to get an explanation for Martin's and Amanda's changed hair. I do not see how they could start S4E1 with a time jump. 

Maybe they'll do it in the same way that they went through time in the early part of "A Scandal in Belgravia."  It began with a resolution of the crisis facing John and Sherlock at the pool.  And then, following the theme song, several months passed from then until the two met Irene Adler, and those months were filled with cases as well as potential cases that Sherlock refused.

Last edited by kgreen20 (August 16, 2016 8:03 pm)

Board footera