BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 10, 2016 9:58 am  #3361

Re: Series 4 Setlock (potential spoilers)

I do not believe in Sherlock having been exchanged against his brother. But there will be painful disclosures, of that I am sure.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 10, 2016 10:43 am  #3362

Absolutely. I already know I want to watch S4 locked up in my study. Probably holding my old teddy bear in a death grip.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

August 10, 2016 10:45 am  #3363

Tee hee.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 10, 2016 11:38 am  #3364

*begins taking inventory of the shock blankets and tea*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 10, 2016 11:58 am  #3365

I am getting more and more pleased with the fact that I made plans to watch it with my best friend so we can cry together... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

August 10, 2016 12:48 pm  #3366

Schmiezi wrote:

Absolutely. I already know I want to watch S4 locked up in my study. Probably holding my old teddy bear in a death grip.

But I already had to do that for series three !

"Man may not be degraded  to being a machine by being denied to be a ghost in the machine."
It's just transport. The virus in the hard drive . However impossible .Must be the truth.

August 10, 2016 6:18 pm  #3367

SusiGo wrote:

I do not believe in Sherlock having been exchanged against his brother. But there will be painful disclosures, of that I am sure.

It'll be interesting to see what those painful disclosures are.  And will all of them pertain to the Holmes brothers, I wonder?  There's sure to be some about Mary as well, and what about John?

August 10, 2016 6:43 pm  #3368

TAB raised the question of "What made you like this?" And it has not been answered yet. "I made me" is not a sufficient answer. Since in all probability we are going back into their childhood, I would assume that there will be some childhood trauma that has shaped Sherlock's development. 

IMO the painful disclosure about Mary could be that she was involved with Moriarty in some way/has targeted John instead of just meeting him by chance and falling in love with him/that she is working with Mycroft. 

I do not think there will be painful disclosures about John's past but he will finally have to decide what life he wants. I see no way of a life for him with Sherlock AND Mary. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 10, 2016 6:47 pm  #3369

Neither do I (even less can there be a life for John with Sherlock, Mary, and a baby), and I believe that in the end, circumstances will force him to choose Sherlock.  I'm sure you can guess what I believe that those circumstances will be.

Even though there most likely won't be any painful disclosures about John's history, I really would like for there to be some additional information given about his history, and not just his military history either.

Last edited by kgreen20 (August 10, 2016 6:49 pm)

August 11, 2016 2:37 am  #3370

I seriously don't want John to be forced to choose Sherlock.  I think it would mean so much more if John chooses Sherlock freely because that's where he knows he belongs.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 11, 2016 7:28 am  #3371

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

August 11, 2016 9:50 am  #3372

At first I thought "yikes that looks like a tough scene they are rewatching" lol. At least it's only footy 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

August 11, 2016 1:15 pm  #3373

Haha, exactly what I thought first. Martin's looking all concentrated, so I thought he's been judging his own work, but no, no, they're all watching football together, how lovely. And what a cosy spot they've chosen for it. :D

------------------------------------------------------------
"Love something, and love it deeply."
Andrew Scott

"I don’t care how hypothetical it is, I’m not flying with a live otter in the flight deck."
Captain Martin Crieff

August 15, 2016 10:42 am  #3374

few undiscovered setlock pics

August 15, 2016 12:31 pm  #3375

Benedict is so cute in those! 

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

August 15, 2016 12:55 pm  #3376

August 15, 2016 2:34 pm  #3377

Aw he does!

And that's a neat link! Thank you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

August 15, 2016 3:42 pm  #3378

Please look at this! 

http://deducingbbcsherlock.tumblr.com/post/148984703059/tykobrian-thesetison-honor-kneafsey-girl-on

http://stillgosherlocked.tumblr.com/post/148984375253/welovethebeekeeper-the-bridesmaids-and-guests

Amazing. They are going back and back and back. Ella, the girl from ASiB, the guests and bridesmaids from TSoT … 

August 15, 2016 3:43 pm  #3379

Ooh.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 15, 2016 4:02 pm  #3380

Oh wow!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera