BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 3, 2016 8:38 am  #81

Re: London

Highgate and Hampstead are similiar. (near to Muswell Hill) Nice areas, a bit away from the busy city centre.
By the way, didn't Benedict use to live in Hampstead? Or still does?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

August 3, 2016 9:02 am  #82

I was under an impression he still does.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

August 3, 2016 9:59 am  #83

Yes I know Hampstead slightly better and it is nice.
Yes Benedict does still live there
But not by choice!
He bought a new house last year.
But he's spent the last months battling with planners, to get done the work he wants.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 3, 2016 4:35 pm  #84

gently69 wrote:

Highgate and Hampstead are similiar. (near to Muswell Hill) Nice areas, a bit away from the busy city centre.
By the way, didn't Benedict use to live in Hampstead? Or still does?

Yes he does a street below Parliament Hill.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

August 3, 2016 4:37 pm  #85

Parliament Hill?!
That sounds like it should be by Westminster!
Anyhow, he won't be staying, once he gets the new place fixed up!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 3, 2016 6:42 pm  #86

You are right, sounds like it.  It's on the south side of Hampstead Heath and there's a wonderful farmer's market that is worth visiting.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

August 3, 2016 6:44 pm  #87

To be fair, I've only been to the theatre and the shops thereabout...it's actually Swiss Cottage.

August 5, 2016 1:24 pm  #88

London in the rain....

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

August 5, 2016 1:25 pm  #89

Usually nice and cooling.

August 15, 2016 7:31 pm  #90

August 15, 2016 7:33 pm  #91

Love Greenwich. Always try and get there when we are down in London.

August 16, 2016 7:20 am  #92

We stayed there once because it isn't far away from the O2 Arena where we visited a concert. Unfortunately we hadn't much time. We managed to go to the market, which was rebuild at this time, for a short stay and had a nice chat with one of the traders. Have definitely to go to Greenwich again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

August 16, 2016 4:43 pm  #93

Oh yes, you need to!

December 19, 2016 10:50 pm  #94

Here are some photos I've taken out and about in London

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

December 20, 2016 2:14 am  #95

Really lovely images, makes me homesick for a place I only lived in for 2 years...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 20, 2016 7:37 am  #96

Marvelous!

December 20, 2016 10:01 am  #97

Amazing pictures, Lis! Gosh now I miss London even more! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 20, 2016 11:20 am  #98

Thanks guys, you should all come back to visit!

December 20, 2016 6:39 pm  #99

Oh that sounds exciting, hope you have a fantastic time at both and in London generally!

February 8, 2017 6:56 am  #100

London is absolutely beautiful.

The first time I went I was enchanted. Despite the rainy weather, there was something really nice about it.

Hope to go back soon.

Board footera