BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 26, 2012 9:35 pm  #21

Re: Guest Actors and Characters for Series 3

Paul Bettany. That is all I have to say.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 26, 2012 10:53 pm  #22

Davina wrote:

Paul Bettany. That is all I have to say.

I like that idea! He is a very good actor, only question is: who would he play?

I also love the idea of including Alan Rickman, as some of you have said, possibly as Sherlock's father or someone similarly intelligent.

Generally, I think it would be thrilling to meet Sherlock's parents in season 3 as we've all got some picture of them through the brief childhood-scenes described by him and Mycroft, but actually seeing them and their impact on the brothers would definitely be exciting, given the fact that their education played some important part in his process of becoming the person he is now.
Referring strongly to "Caring is not an advantage" here...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: If I wasn't everything that you think I am, everything that I think I am, would you still want to help me?
Molly: What do you need?
Sherlock: You.

July 28, 2012 4:56 pm  #23

I would love to meet their parents but I highly doubt that we ever will... that would give too much away about their past, wouldn't it?
Since we don't know a lot about them from the canon, I guess Moftiss would rather feed us with tiny bits of information about them...
Plus I don't think father Holmes is still around. He might be dead.

I agree with saysomething and the need of a story arc for the whole season! Although that's not what the canon was like, the BBC series is. I doesn't have to be the same villain, though...
Moftiss surely thought of something really good. ;)

July 30, 2012 12:34 pm  #24

I know that not many people fancied her, but I'd love to see Irene Adler back in s3. Perhaps she could have retired permanently from prostitution and become more of a con-artist/trickster--after all, she is a very adaptable, capable individual. I think she could make a few guest appearances, as a form of an ally or contact Sherlock uses to help solve cases, retrieve information of suspects, etc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 10, 2012 11:29 pm  #25

Having finished reading the "Adventures", I think I would love to see them showing a modern version of Violet Hunter, I really liked her character and I find it interesting that she is one of the few women that Sherlock actually cared about.
A little, at least.

Last edited by MollyHfan (August 10, 2012 11:29 pm)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: If I wasn't everything that you think I am, everything that I think I am, would you still want to help me?
Molly: What do you need?
Sherlock: You.

August 11, 2012 6:10 am  #26

and what about Violet Smith, the solitary cyclist?  Holmes liked her and did not like that she was in danger riding her bike out there in the country. 

The problem with a villain for the entire season  (like they did with Moriarty)  is that the BBC Sherlock  is only three 90 minute episodes long.  They have to have one villain per 90 minutes.  That's what I think.  But the other problem is the expense of hiring actors and guest stars.  and timing.  so---phooey, i still want David Tennant in there somewhere.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

August 11, 2012 4:42 pm  #27

Bill Bailey
Jason Watkins
Nathan Stewart-Jarrett
Matthew McNulty
Lenora Crichlow
Iain Glen
Donald Sumpter
Charles Dance
Helen Mirren

and probably others...

Last edited by TicTacToe (August 11, 2012 5:41 pm)

August 31, 2012 2:37 am  #28

I say bring on Dan Stevens as a villain and let's get the whole "Downtown Abbey vs. SHERLOCK" thing over and done with.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
"I killed people"   "You're a Doctor!"    "I had bad days..."

October 7, 2012 4:12 pm  #29

Irene Adler wrote:

jenosborn wrote:

Alan Rickman as Sherrinford Holmes?   Or actually, Alan Rickman as anyone..

This, please... 

As alluring as this is, I am not sure I would survive both the Voices in one show. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do 'real' people have, then, in their 'real' lives?

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton

October 7, 2012 4:20 pm  #30

As any villain:

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton

October 7, 2012 4:27 pm  #31

NW16XE wrote:

Irene Adler wrote:

jenosborn wrote:

This, please... 

As alluring as this is, I am not sure I would survive both the Voices in one show. 

lololol  No, you're right. Well... I could flee to the dubbed version at least. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 7, 2012 5:32 pm  #32

Perhaps they could sing a duet of 'Candle In the Wind'. 

October 7, 2012 5:34 pm  #33

NW16XE wrote:

As any villain:

And dressed like Irene Adler, no doubt?

October 7, 2012 5:35 pm  #34

NW16XE wrote:

Irene Adler wrote:

jenosborn wrote:

This, please... 

Am I weird to find Snape's entrance in the HP 1 movie to be sexy?

October 7, 2012 5:38 pm  #35

Nah... not Candle in the Wind
Anyone knows the duet Alan Rickman/Johnny Depp  "Pretty Women" from Sweeney Todd? That could be a good one. 

Last edited by Mattlocked (October 7, 2012 5:39 pm)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 7, 2012 6:31 pm  #36

veecee wrote:

Am I weird to find Snape's entrance in the HP 1 movie to be sexy?

Are you kidding, Alan Rickman as Snape is sexy in all 7 (8) films.  He might be the reason why Snape is so popular among fans. And for me he's definitely one of the reasons to watch HP in English. That voice!

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

October 7, 2012 6:39 pm  #37

veecee wrote:

NW16XE wrote:

As any villain:

And dressed like Irene Adler, no doubt?

He has done a couple of other things, you know.  Still, now that you mention it....

October 7, 2012 6:41 pm  #38

Mattlocked wrote:

Nah... not Candle in the Wind
Anyone knows the duet Alan Rickman/Johnny Depp  "Pretty Women" from Sweeney Todd? That could be a good one. 

I could fancy that. We know he sings much better than Depp (even when he is impersonating AR singing Elton John songs, lol!)

October 7, 2012 6:44 pm  #39

But Depp plays a really mean guitar! Apart from being drop dead gorgeous, of course. That said, I think Alan Rickman is wonderful.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 7, 2012 6:55 pm  #40

Davina wrote:

But Depp plays a really mean guitar! Apart from being drop dead gorgeous, of course. That said, I think Alan Rickman is wonderful.

Depp is a personal fave, but I honestly would rather hear BC sing; I've only heard bits and pieces here and there, but he seems to have a lovely singing voice. AR I will listen to singing anything, anytime. 

Last edited by NW16XE (October 7, 2012 6:55 pm)

Board footera