BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 29, 2016 8:46 pm  #3121

Re: Series 4 Setlock (potential spoilers)

Very cool.   Were these posted already?  Some a number of days old, but I'm still catching up!

Love how even their fun effects guy joins the tweet-fun, like Arwel. 

Speaking of Arwel...

And then lastly, this was after returning from San Diego (apparently a long overnight flight, and getting back to work the next day, for the last round of 26 pages of dialogue in the script?  oi vey...!)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

July 29, 2016 11:10 pm  #3122

In that promo shot John looks like he's about to bust a funky move.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 30, 2016 12:26 am  #3123

Russell wrote:

Hey, there's an idea for a crossover fanfiction story--Sherlock Holmes meets Zorro! =)

(BTW, I'm a Zorro fan, too. =))

July 30, 2016 12:27 am  #3124

Ivy wrote:

kgreen20 wrote:

Ivy wrote:

I can say I learned a new word. penultimate.
One week to go....

Not unless you know what it means!  Here's the meaning below, as posted on Dictionary.com.

adjective 1. next to the last:the penultimate scene of the play. 2. of or relating to a penult or the next to the last syllable in a word:In the word appropriate, -pri- is the penultimate syllable.noun 3. a penult.

Penult: the next to the last syllable in a
word.

One week to go till the filming's completed, yes, but still months to go till we get to see the episodes! [pout]

That's nice of you, but I know what penultimate means, I tend to google words that I don't know 

That's why I wrote "one week to go" 

LOL!  Of course. =)  I'm sure you do, but it's a good bet that not all of the forum members know the meaning.  Well, they do now!

Last edited by kgreen20 (July 30, 2016 12:28 am)

July 30, 2016 4:02 am  #3125

Ivy wrote:

I can say I learned a new word. penultimate.
One week to go....

Can I just say... Sherlock's pose there... The suit... His hands...  ...

...Actually, I can't words. Phew. Did it suddenly get hot in here?

Doomsteady on AO3 & Tumblr

July 30, 2016 4:27 pm  #3126

I'm really wondering what they are doing there. They seem to be looking for something, but it's unusual for Mycroft to be doing that with them.

Clueing for looks.

July 30, 2016 4:38 pm  #3127

It's not even as they have metal detectors!   And Sherlock and John are looking for something on the ground, whereas Mycroft thinks it might be floating up in the sky?   A lost frisbee?

It's an odd scene, really.  They don't seem dressed for a country jaunt.  I know they never are, but ... this almost looks like a fashion shoot.  I wonder if it's mind palace?  And if so, whose?

July 30, 2016 4:40 pm  #3128

I think this is just a promo shot.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 30, 2016 4:47 pm  #3129

And instead of giving us the graceful answer "I can´t tell you, it would spoil the surprise", she makes a response like this:

And the authors complain after that the things in this show are getting misinterpreted... sigh.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 30, 2016 5:21 pm  #3130

Well, it does serve the function of not spoiling the surprise, without actually giving away that there is a surprise!  And is kind of funny too (reminds me of Vicky Pollard!). 

July 30, 2016 5:45 pm  #3131

Well its all she can say isn't it?

And I love that one of Mark getting pampered

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 30, 2016 6:01 pm  #3132

I don't see the problem with that answer. It's is basically "I can't say", only in a different way.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

July 30, 2016 7:05 pm  #3133

Seems fair enough.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 31, 2016 1:08 am  #3134

Any chance they might give us a hint? =)

July 31, 2016 7:40 am  #3135

We'll see all first hand in just over 5 months!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 31, 2016 8:42 am  #3136

Is "Uncle Sherlock risk" rising its ugly head again or is this just an elaborate trolling?

http://furriesandus.tumblr.com/post/148235169039/constancecream-we-are-having-a-baby-on-the

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 31, 2016 8:46 am  #3137

I don't think that will play a particular big part in the show, but it will definitly be there. And considering how everyone of the cast and crew keep talking about how dark and shocking this season will be, I think I will look forward to some fluff in between as a small break.

Last edited by Vhanja (July 31, 2016 8:47 am)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

July 31, 2016 9:07 am  #3138

I think she has been misquoted.  The transcriber her has her say

They become lionesses when its their kids. And she will do that. And it’d be another interesting facade of her personality.

I hear it as "facet" of her personality, which has a very different meaning.  I think she's just saying that it will be a new aspect of her personality rather than saying that the protectiveness is a facade.  I could be wrong, but listen and see what you think.  (I thought it might be a typo, but I think it's quite important in relationship to Mary, as "facade" applies so well to her in other ways). 

I don't think the babysitting is a giveaway, necessarily, as Sue brings it up herself and might have been cagier if there were actual babysitting scenes.   But who knows? I wouldn't put it past them.  I certainly wouldn't have expected Sherlock as wedding planner before S3. 

July 31, 2016 9:13 am  #3139

Also, consdiering how awkward and tight-lipped they usually become whenever the baby and the future impact that will have on the trio comes up, I strongly suspect that the baby won't be in the picture for very long. I wouldn't be surprised it we get a few very cosy scenes with the Watson household, enjoying their new baby, some funny and adorable scenes with Sherlock trying to interact with the baby, everything looking fine and dandy and - WHAM! Everything goes belly-up. 

Last edited by Vhanja (July 31, 2016 9:16 am)

Team Hudders!

July 31, 2016 9:23 am  #3140

I agree.  If Ep 1 is shocking, I don't see much time for gratuitous fluff.  And we really don't know what's true and what's not.   Anything that we've seen on setlock could be mind palace, including the baby.   I don't think so, but it's definitely a possibility.  I'm not too worried about it.

Last edited by Liberty (July 31, 2016 9:24 am)

Board footera