BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 25, 2012 4:03 pm  #41

Re: Silly pictures of associations only Sherlockians can understand

Oh, let's go there, guys  . Maybe we're in for a treat.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 25, 2012 5:35 pm  #42

I am confused...a bit...by the word 'Live' at the bottom right. Is this meant to be serious?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 25, 2012 6:10 pm  #43

Davina wrote:

I am confused...a bit...by the word 'Live' at the bottom right. Is this meant to be serious?

Apparently there will be a lecture with a guy present ("live", not on tape ) talking about his near-death experience.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

August 23, 2012 11:57 am  #44

Hey guys, you know how in ACD canon Sherlock loves his bees?

Now lets combine it with MYCROFT hahahahah

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 23, 2012 1:03 pm  #45

There is an Epping not so very far from where I live here in the UK.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 24, 2012 8:29 am  #46

Yeah, there's an Epping in Perth and Adelaide as well, and there's also a Liverpool in Sydney too

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 24, 2012 11:21 am  #47

There's also an Epping in France, the Moselle region- so nice wine there then- in Ontario , Canada, in New Hampshire USA, and there is a Mount Epping in Neww Zealand. Who would have thought there would have been so many?

www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epping
www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epping_Forest

August 25, 2012 4:43 am  #48

Davina wrote:

There's also an Epping in France, the Moselle region- so nice wine there then- in Ontario , Canada, in New Hampshire USA, and there is a Mount Epping in Neww Zealand. Who would have thought there would have been so many?

www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epping
www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epping_Forest

Maybe a bit off topic but speaking of Epping, New Hampshire, USA...I have cousins who live there! 

********************************************************************************************************

"That's how you get your kicks, isn't it? You risk your life to prove you're clever.
Why would I do that?
Because you're an idiot."

"We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants."

Gwyn eich byd a dymanuf i chwi lawenydd bob amser.

August 25, 2012 11:18 pm  #49

Shall we start on Cardiff?? I've just been there and I am somewhat darn sure it had no Torchwood!

August 30, 2012 4:34 pm  #50

An hour ago, I almost ran into this:

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

August 30, 2012 6:02 pm  #51

incredible - do you think they are making fun of us? 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

August 30, 2012 6:10 pm  #52

I like the "get shellacked"...get sherlocked? 

********************************************************************************************************

"That's how you get your kicks, isn't it? You risk your life to prove you're clever.
Why would I do that?
Because you're an idiot."

"We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants."

Gwyn eich byd a dymanuf i chwi lawenydd bob amser.

August 30, 2012 7:25 pm  #53

Harriet wrote:

incredible - do you think they are making fun of us? 

Good question, which leads me to the next one: Do you think they are in fact referring to Sherlock?
Seems so.............., but..................

Last edited by Mattlocked (August 30, 2012 7:27 pm)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 30, 2012 8:46 pm  #54

I'm shellacked! I've got a blanket!

August 30, 2012 9:20 pm  #55

Mattlocked wrote:

Good question, which leads me to the next one: Do you think they are in fact referring to Sherlock?
Seems so.............., but..................

I checked the company and it seems they have more than hundred stores to "get shellacked".

So maybe they have a new slogan, but if it is the original slogan, I wonder if there was enough time to build all these stores since the first tv broadcasting in Germany.

No, I don't think they are referring, seems so, ........ , but ........... we are referring to 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

August 30, 2012 9:31 pm  #56

Oh... now you've disappointed me. 

August 30, 2012 9:45 pm  #57

Meanwhile, as I'm convinced  to be the only person in my city of 373,000 inhabitants to get the joke of it, a "shellacked" campaign would be a total failure for the company. I think, it's not a Sherlock reference but a total coincidence. Even the red of the nail varnish isn't exactly Irene's...

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

August 30, 2012 10:03 pm  #58

Mattlocked wrote:

August 31, 2012 7:35 am  #59

Mattlocked wrote:

Don't cry, Mattlock, after all, it matters what WE think - and this is fun enough 

September 9, 2012 12:55 pm  #60

I went to London last week and as soon as I stepped out of the train, I was greeted by something that reminded me of Sherlock:

More associations:

Last edited by Audrey Horne (September 9, 2012 12:55 pm)

Board footera