BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 27, 2016 5:13 pm  #3101

Re: Series 4 Setlock (potential spoilers)

Aw shucks, and there I thought Z was for Zoolander (to go with the campy gay quote).

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

July 27, 2016 5:20 pm  #3102

Hah, that would have been fun

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 27, 2016 6:04 pm  #3103

nakahara wrote:

Funny speculation of how the "groundbreaking" television history can be achieved:

http://hudders-and-hiddles.tumblr.com/post/148010267689/television-history-killing-off-the-entire-cast

I know this is in fun, but this is what puzzles me: there isn't an awful lot that hasn't been done in television now.   I'm not sure what could make history (although I have some vague ideas!).  I have even wondered if they're exaggerating.   Or if they simply mean something more like making television news, the way the fall made national news (IIRC).   (After all, Amanda said they'd "done it again"). 

July 28, 2016 7:11 am  #3104

Looks like a new person has been cast for S4, Gina Bramhill.

http://thesetison.tumblr.com/post/148044160906/gina-bramhill-is-a-new-name-on-the-list-of-s4-cast .

My first thought, as we were talking about Mummy Holmes and her surname being Sherrinford (according to Baring-Gould) and the casting call for blonde, blue-eyed girls, is that Gina is not unlike Wanda in that picture.  Those cheekbones and eyes.  But who knows?

Last edited by Liberty (July 28, 2016 7:15 am)

July 28, 2016 7:21 am  #3105

Curious about who she could play. 

Probably thinking way too off the mark here, could she be a teenage Mary? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 28, 2016 10:25 am  #3106

New spoiler, this time very interesting:

Now, what we have here is a press, in my opinion.

Some time ago, Mofftiss claimed that Sherlock was "not properly pressed thus far".

In ACD´s "Case of an Engineer´s Thumb" we have a gigantic hydraulic press (disguised as the common room) that is used to press people not grapes.

Will a similar horrific device appear in Sherlock too?

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 28, 2016 10:30 am  #3107

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 28, 2016 10:50 am  #3108

Yikes. That's some torture device! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

July 29, 2016 5:36 pm  #3109

I can say I learned a new word. penultimate.
One week to go....

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

July 29, 2016 5:51 pm  #3110

Haha, they really do look like a Europop band. I'd buy that album!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

July 29, 2016 5:57 pm  #3111

That's an absolutely great picture!  I love it!   Am I reading FAR too much into it by wondering if Mycroft is going to come between them (as he is here) and if his placement in the foreground indicates his importance in S4?

July 29, 2016 6:04 pm  #3112

They're awesome!
And I don't think there's some deeper meaning but who knows, haha

July 29, 2016 6:44 pm  #3113

Liberty wrote:

That's an absolutely great picture!  I love it!   Am I reading FAR too much into it by wondering if Mycroft is going to come between them (as he is here) and if his placement in the foreground indicates his importance in S4?

Who needs Mycroft when Mary already disrupted them, big time?

July 29, 2016 6:53 pm  #3114

It kind of looks like a Team Mycroft photo-- Sherlock and John are the backup singers.

July 29, 2016 7:03 pm  #3115

True!

July 29, 2016 7:15 pm  #3116

Ivy wrote:

One week to go....

Not unless you know what it means!  Here's the meaning below, as posted on Dictionary.com.

adjective 1. next to the last:the penultimate scene of the play. 2. of or relating to a penult or the next to the last syllable in a word:In the word appropriate, -pri- is the penultimate syllable.noun 3. a penult.

Penult: the next to the last syllable in a
word.

One week to go till the filming's completed, yes, but still months to go till we get to see the episodes! [pout]

Last edited by kgreen20 (July 29, 2016 7:18 pm)

July 29, 2016 7:21 pm  #3117

kgreen20 wrote:

Ivy wrote:

One week to go....

Not unless you know what it means!  Here's the meaning below, as posted on Dictionary.com.

adjective 1. next to the last:the penultimate scene of the play. 2. of or relating to a penult or the next to the last syllable in a word:In the word appropriate, -pri- is the penultimate syllable.noun 3. a penult.

Penult: the next to the last syllable in a
word.

One week to go till the filming's completed, yes, but still months to go till we get to see the episodes! [pout]

That's nice of you, but I know what penultimate means, I tend to google words that I don't know 

That's why I wrote "one week to go" 

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

July 29, 2016 7:23 pm  #3118

Relieved to see Sherlocks hands are all fine !

"Man may not be degraded  to being a machine by being denied to be a ghost in the machine."
It's just transport. The virus in the hard drive . However impossible .Must be the truth.

July 29, 2016 7:48 pm  #3119

I would like to mention how very cool they look. Sherlock and John in matching outfits, too. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 29, 2016 7:57 pm  #3120

Oooh, they are indeed a match! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera