BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 27, 2016 11:44 am  #881

Re: sherlock series 4 (spoilers inside)

Gold teeth man?

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 27, 2016 1:14 pm  #882

Gold Teeth Man? Hmm... sort of makes me think of James Bond in a way... but yeah... 

And interesting thought about the portraits too 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 27, 2016 1:57 pm  #883

so the shooting might be some sort of target-practising? I do not think it is connected to Lestrade snippet in any case, the mood of the lighting seems much too different for me. Lestrade's gesture might be to calm someone down, a worked-up Sherlock or John perhaps. 

****************************************************************************************************************************************
We balance probabilities and choose the most likely. It is the scientific use of the imagination.    

July 27, 2016 5:16 pm  #884

The last thing I saw on Monday was Marks tweet with Hiddleston and the word "blud" then I went offline til now. I thought "oh the fandom esp. tumblr will go wild with "Hiddles is the third brother". 

I didn't read anything regarding that here on the forum so far, I'm very proud of you not falling for Marks teasing. 

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

July 27, 2016 5:40 pm  #885

Oh, I'm sure we all thought it was just a bit fun.   And if he really was the other one, they wouldn't be spoiling it like that!

(So now they can happily pull the rug and say "we told you!"). 

Now, the exploding car ... I honestly don't know why, but I don't get the sense of one of the main characters dying in that car, unless it's one I haven't met yet.    It's just a feeling and could be completely wrong.  After all, it must have been an expensive scene so if they're going to pay for a blaze of glory you'd think they'd sent a major character out on it, rather than wasting it on a minor one.  But I don't feel it.  There could be a major character death, but that doesn't feel like it.   Of course, I'm not used to the tone of S4 yet, and I might feel differently once I start watching it.

July 27, 2016 8:01 pm  #886

Liberty wrote:

Now, the exploding car ... I honestly don't know why, but I don't get the sense of one of the main characters dying in that car, unless it's one I haven't met yet.    It's just a feeling and could be completely wrong.  After all, it must have been an expensive scene so if they're going to pay for a blaze of glory you'd think they'd sent a major character out on it, rather than wasting it on a minor one.  But I don't feel it.  There could be a major character death, but that doesn't feel like it.   Of course, I'm not used to the tone of S4 yet, and I might feel differently once I start watching it.

Yes. In the trailer, it seems to me there´s a standing and empty car, not the running car exploding....

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 28, 2016 6:29 am  #887

Ivy wrote:

The last thing I saw on Monday was Marks tweet with Hiddleston and the word "blud" then I went offline til now. I thought "oh the fandom esp. tumblr will go wild with "Hiddles is the third brother". 

I didn't read anything regarding that here on the forum so far, I'm very proud of you not falling for Marks teasing. 

On the other hand this could be reversed psychology once again. They know that the fandom wouldn't fall for it because the fandom thinks that Tom wouldn't be in it anyway. So with the fandom not really expecting it, it would be a better than ever twist to have Tom in it...
But yes, I know, that's wishful thinking talking here.  

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

July 28, 2016 6:51 am  #888

It would be beautiful if it was true... but let's wait and see

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 29, 2016 7:15 am  #889

Maybe not a huge suprise, but actually the snippets of setlock and the promo pic of Sherlock and the dog looked lighter in tone to me than the other episodes.   So if this one is shocking, what on earth are Eps 2 and 3 going to be like?

July 29, 2016 7:25 am  #890

Well, the sight of John carrying pink, rabbit-eyed baby during a chase was more shocking for me than any villain´s shenanigans, tbh...

July 29, 2016 7:25 am  #891

Yikes.... *gulps and sweats* 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

July 29, 2016 8:10 am  #892

Personally I assumed 'blud' would refer to Corialanus, but wish it was Sherlock!
'Shocking' I can cope with!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 29, 2016 9:39 am  #893

The woman hold the key to Sherlock´s mind palace?
Why I am not suprised....

July 29, 2016 10:04 am  #894

Curious... I can just see the fanfics coming out of that one drawing 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

July 29, 2016 10:28 am  #895

nakahara wrote:

Wait, what? They have totally lost me here.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

July 29, 2016 11:09 am  #896

ewige wrote:

nakahara wrote:

Wait, what? They have totally lost me here.

By Tardis key, Rachel is probably reffering to some issue from the past that will relive in our current times and haunt Sherlock´s mind palace.
I wonder if Liberty was right the other day and if it will be some love interest from the past as was the case in "Young Sherlock Holmes".
If that happens, I would be very surprised because "Young Sherlock Holmes" didn´t made it seceret that the protagonist is in love with his female classmate. They established a sweet romance between the two right at the beginning of the movie...
...while "our" Sherlock Holmes-women-are-not-my-area established very early on that women are not his thing.

Or could the mysterious woman be a sister, the other one?

July 29, 2016 11:10 am  #897

Haha, really?

Poor Reetu....

July 29, 2016 11:24 am  #898

Oh my, poor her!

Btw, Rachel didn't make that picture though... Entertainment Weekly did... so I'm trying not to put too much into it 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

July 29, 2016 11:37 am  #899

Thanks for the explanation!

Re: current mood:
I wonder whether they are still shooting that "Tuesday big scene"... :D

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

July 29, 2016 11:46 am  #900

Love it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera