BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 27, 2016 5:13 pm  #121

Re: Season 4 trailer (spoilers!)

Swanpride wrote:

Well, if they go for the Dying detective as source for the second episode, they will at the very least need someone faking dying....

But what if the twist is that the person is REALLY dying?
A lot of the setlock we've seen with Sherlock being all scruffy and distressed did not strike me as Sherlock faking it.
I lean toward the idea that he is really sick and trying to find answers while he still can.

However, as always, I could be wrong. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 27, 2016 7:59 pm  #122

tonnaree wrote:

I lean toward the idea that he is really sick and trying to find answers while he still can.

Same here. If he is faking THIS, he is the biggest liar of the world....

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 28, 2016 12:32 am  #123

tonnaree wrote:

Swanpride wrote:

Well, if they go for the Dying detective as source for the second episode, they will at the very least need someone faking dying....

But what if the twist is that the person is REALLY dying?
A lot of the setlock we've seen with Sherlock being all scruffy and distressed did not strike me as Sherlock faking it.

However, as always, I could be wrong. 

Sherlock will have to recover if he is really sick, though, because if he's killed off, so will the series be.  No Sherlock Holmes, no BBC Sherlock.

July 28, 2016 6:19 am  #124

Since he is Sherlock Holmes, I'd say he will be capable of taking care of both: Of finding answers and not dying in the process.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

July 28, 2016 6:42 am  #125

It could be that he goes as far as faking an actual death (from illness) instead of just faking dying, which would mean having to make himself quite ill/poison himself/drug himself in quite an extreme way.   He's faked his death before so probably not.  And quite possible the whole faking illness thing from The Dying Detective is not part of this story.   I agree he doesn't look like he's faking - but also looks well enough to be up and about.   Which doesn't quite fit with the deathbed confession of the The Dying Detective - he should be bedbound.   Unless the walking about is mostly mind palace, and he's lying there in hospital all the time. 

July 28, 2016 12:15 pm  #126

Finally a trailer, so cool, I wasn't expecting that as I try to keep away from any 'non-official' spoilers.

I was most excited about seeing this pool, Molly yelling this is not a game. Wow, she sounded really really serious! And of course Sherlock looking absoloutly distressed. 
I so hope it will start in January, I can't wait to see it. This is torture^^

Edit: I hope the show is not going too much the James Bond style. Because that's what the trailer reminded me of with all these helicopters, shootings, exploding, car chasing, SWAT team... We had these things in previous seasons and because of the editing in the trailer it seems to be so much. But I still have the feeling it could be different this time. Depending on how it is done, it can be great, though. We will have to see.^^

Last edited by Rache (July 28, 2016 12:37 pm)

- - -

Breathing is boring!

English isn't my first language, feel free to correct me via PM!

July 28, 2016 3:20 pm  #127

Just came over this small detail - in the bonus material of TAB, there is a Sherlockology Q&A where Moffat describes Mycroft as a "reptilian sosiopath". Which immediately made me think of Mrs. Hudson calling him "a reptile". 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

July 28, 2016 4:13 pm  #128

Which immediately made me think of Moriarty moving in a reptilian manner.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 28, 2016 6:05 pm  #129

I always thought of Moriarty as a bit of a snake... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 28, 2016 6:48 pm  #130

Moriarty a snake, yes; but really a more of a spider.

Not sure I've ever pictured Mycroft as reptilian - but he certainly is cold-blooded when he has to be.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

July 29, 2016 7:57 am  #131

I think of a chameleon for Moriarty...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 31, 2016 7:59 pm  #132

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 31, 2016 8:01 pm  #133

Oh wow!
That would be fab...
'maybe we already have'...when did the team say that line, can anyone remember?

July 31, 2016 8:26 pm  #134

Well, he's good at deduction and chemistry/pharmacy - a relative?  But I don't know - that would be a bit disappointing with what we have on him so far.  I think they'd have to add a more interesting story to him first.

July 31, 2016 8:34 pm  #135

Well, Mary Morstan was first introduced to us in a very unasuming way and yet they made a huge plot-point out of her.
So I´m really wondering about Wiggins here....

July 31, 2016 8:34 pm  #136

If Billy Wiggins was the other one uh , wouldn't that mean mummy called both sons William ?

"Man may not be degraded  to being a machine by being denied to be a ghost in the machine."
It's just transport. The virus in the hard drive . However impossible .Must be the truth.

July 31, 2016 8:36 pm  #137

Mothonthemantel wrote:

If Billy Wiggins was the other one uh , wouldn't that mean mummy called both sons William ?

Well, all three Moriarty brothers were named "James" in the canon... so why not have William Mycroft, William Sherlock and William Sherrinford? 

July 31, 2016 8:36 pm  #138

Which would explain why one was known as Sherlock!

July 31, 2016 8:36 pm  #139

In a way... if she 'lost' Billy, she could name the next son after him, that has happened... sentiment I think it's called. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 31, 2016 8:40 pm  #140

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

In a way... if she 'lost' Billy, she could name the next son after him, that has happened... sentiment I think it's called. 

Good point, Phantom!

Or what if they are twins?

Board footera