BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 26, 2016 10:17 am  #21

Re: Which direction will Mary's character go? (SPOILERS after SDCC!)

The next couple of lines (the one after that doesn't give much away at all, just about the great writing):

It's a very, very dark series, this.  There's the same trademark humour and the relationships are as strong as ever, but the things that evolve ... plot-wise as well as pscyhologically, between those friends because of the plot is enormous, and sort of defining for the series, and it's been great fun to do, I mean, but really shocking to read and really emotional.  

July 26, 2016 10:24 am  #22

Which makes me happy because it seems to confirm that Sherlock and John will still be the core and main focus of the show. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 26, 2016 10:28 am  #23

Oh yes, I've never doubted that!  But still reassuring to hear .

July 26, 2016 10:56 am  #24

Oh, somebody's very nicely done a transcript of the whole thing! 

http://girlofthemirror.tumblr.com/post/147962376571/that-video-the-one-that-everyone-is-reblogging

July 26, 2016 1:06 pm  #25

In that interview he mentions the arc of all four of them. Four?

"Man may not be degraded  to being a machine by being denied to be a ghost in the machine."
It's just transport. The virus in the hard drive . However impossible .Must be the truth.

July 26, 2016 1:16 pm  #26

I understand it as the arc of the four seasons. Not four persons.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

July 27, 2016 5:01 am  #27

Thanks for the link, Liberty. :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

July 27, 2016 9:12 am  #28

http://stillgosherlocked.tumblr.com/post/148040922573/miadifferent-constancecream-miadifferent

Please look at this. So Mary's first line in S4 seems to be "Lady Smallwood". Which is interesting for some reasons. We did not have any connection between these two before but it would support the impression we got from TAB: that Mary is somehow connected to Mycroft. And that in S4 there will a some contact between Mary and Lady Smallwood. Her gesture seems to say: Come on, give this to me. Opens a lot of possibilities. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 27, 2016 9:16 am  #29

Very curious about that connection. Double agent is she?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 27, 2016 9:16 am  #30

My theories:

- Mary started to blackmail people instead of Magnussen

oooor

- she is recruited because "England needs her" (similar to TAB) and is going to save the day while "two amateurs" uselessly wallow in the background

or maybe

- Lady Smallwood wants to bump off some of her political enemies, thus being revealed as the big baddie supported by Mycroft even?

Last edited by nakahara (July 27, 2016 9:21 am)

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 27, 2016 9:18 am  #31

Or Mary could be threatening Lady Smallwood to give something over to her. 

However, it is strange that we have no cast information or sightings of Lindsay Duncan. They either hid her presence or the scenes with her have been filmed during HLV. 

Last edited by SusiGo (July 27, 2016 9:19 am)

July 27, 2016 9:20 am  #32

Probably a short scene they already filmed in HLV, I agree.

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 27, 2016 9:59 am  #33

Okay... my knowledge of Margaret Thatcher serious lack, and I'm sorry... but could Lady Smallwood somehow be similar to Thatcher? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 27, 2016 10:01 am  #34

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

Okay... my knowledge of Margaret Thatcher serious lack, and I'm sorry... but could Lady Smallwood somehow be similar to Thatcher? 

That´s a good idea, Phantom! She is a politician, so that may be the case....

July 27, 2016 10:47 am  #35

Final confirmation for all of who never believed that Sherlock killed Magnussen for Mary:

http://stillgosherlocked.tumblr.com/post/148043304418/it-was-never-for-mary

July 27, 2016 11:19 am  #36

I never doubter Sherlock did it for John and only John - but it´s wonderful to see it confirmed.

July 27, 2016 11:34 am  #37

Neither did I but you remember the discussions. 

July 27, 2016 11:36 am  #38

He killed a bad man to save a good one.  *gross sobbing*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 27, 2016 11:46 am  #39

It is fact that neither Benedict nor Steven mentioned Mary when asked about the Magnussen murder. I also noticed that the whole cool assassin/badass Mummy stuff was absent from the panels and interviews for which I am really glad. 

July 27, 2016 12:07 pm  #40

Board footera