BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 26, 2016 6:36 pm  #101

Re: Season 4 trailer (spoilers!)

Wait a minute... regarding John looking at the hospital bed. There is a screen visible showing the heart monitoring. And there seems to be the typical heart beat pattern on the screen, something you wouldn't have if the bed was empty.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

July 26, 2016 6:39 pm  #102

Vhanja wrote:

Wait a minute... regarding John looking at the hospital bed. There is a screen visible showing the heart monitoring. And there seems to be the typical heart beat pattern on the screen, something you wouldn't have if the bed was empty.

Also, if you can pause it just right before the scene fades out you can see a hand on the railing on the left side of the bed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 26, 2016 6:43 pm  #103

So... bed not empty, then. Mary or Sherlock?

I'm guessing Sherlock.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

July 26, 2016 6:49 pm  #104

Or did you see my theory that it could be Mrs. Hudson?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 26, 2016 6:51 pm  #105

Yes, I mentioned the heart trace a while back - the monitor seems to be connected but the drip doesn't. 

I can't make out the hand.  I can see the change of colour there, but I just seem to have difficulty seeing things.  I can't see the rose either.  Or the lesions later on.  I don't know if it's me, or if I just need to watch it with higher quality. 

July 26, 2016 7:05 pm  #106

How well can we see the hand? Can we see if it belongs to a young(ish) woman (Mary), and elderly woman (Mrs Hudson) or if it's a man's hand (Sherlock)?

Team Hudders!

July 26, 2016 7:07 pm  #107

Oh, and I haven't heard any dog in the trailer. But I haven't listened for it either, it might be there.

Team Hudders!

July 26, 2016 7:24 pm  #108

I just watched the trailer once more... (well like I needed an excuse!!) I can't see a hand, and I don't see a rose either... it's some form of appliance on the table... 

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (July 26, 2016 7:26 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 26, 2016 8:30 pm  #109

tonnaree wrote:

Or did you see my theory that it could be Mrs. Hudson?

I have been thinking about that for a while now. If Una is planing on retiring (she does not look it, but the lady will be 80 next year), she might have asked to be send off with a bang. And losing Mrs. Hudson would make for great drama. I know my heart would be broken...

****************************************************************************************************************************************
We balance probabilities and choose the most likely. It is the scientific use of the imagination.    

July 26, 2016 8:58 pm  #110

Oh that would be just so terrible...

July 27, 2016 1:38 am  #111

Vhanja wrote:

Yes, that's true.  And unless Sherlock's been shot again, which I can't picture Moffat and Gatiss doing two seasons in a row, somebody else is lying in that bed.  The question is, who?

July 27, 2016 1:40 am  #112

I hope not!  I hope that Una will remain on the show as long as it lasts.  And I hope that Mark Gatiss will do the same thing, and continue playing Mycroft until the show is over.

July 27, 2016 4:51 am  #113

kgreen20 wrote:

Vhanja wrote:

Yes, that's true.  And unless Sherlock's been shot again, which I can't picture Moffat and Gatiss doing two seasons in a row, somebody else is lying in that bed.  The question is, who?

Well, there are more reasons to be in hospital than being shot at so I think it could still be Sherlock.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

July 27, 2016 5:51 am  #114

I agree.  Especially as this seems to be a medically themed episode and we've got The Dying Detective for inspiration.   I think there's meant to be a mystery about who's there, but of course we're all going to think Sherlock first, so does that mean it isn't Sherlock (or they wouldn't show us it and give away that plot point)?

Still puzzled about John at the end of the bed like that.  And the back of his head shot reminds me of the shot of him looking at (empty) 221B.  Which would fit with the Mrs Hudson theory, I suppose. 

July 27, 2016 8:32 am  #115

Sherlock´s ruggedly handsome face for a good morning:

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 27, 2016 8:33 am  #116

He's so beautiful even then... I can't even explain it. 

And his voice at that point in the trailer... that growl of the cougar in the cello... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 27, 2016 11:04 am  #117

The lack of Lady in Red in this trailer is making her look like a far more important element than she already seemed.

Doomsteady on AO3 & Tumblr

July 27, 2016 11:13 am  #118

This is true. From what we saw during setlock, she might well be a key character, no matter if she is real or imagined or a memory. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 27, 2016 1:12 pm  #119

hmmm that could make Mrs Hudson that pissed. 

But... more faked deaths? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

July 27, 2016 3:24 pm  #120

Yeah I gather... but it's just getting old in a way. Unless Mycroft did it as a "Hah, I can do it better than you, brother mine"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera