BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 19, 2016 11:40 am  #421

Re: Fan Videos

Silly but cute, and good for a laugh

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 19, 2016 4:39 pm  #422

Oh God that is so, so funny! Thank you for sharing!

Hahaha 'also, you're a puppet'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

June 2, 2016 6:23 pm  #423

Don't think I've seen this here....   but what a beautiful violin rendition of a Sherlock medley!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

June 2, 2016 9:31 pm  #424

I'm in love 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 2, 2016 9:53 pm  #425

Oh, did everyone watch the Sherlock Classical Guitar Cover that YouTube recommends when you finish watching the other video?

Two guys cosplaying and recreating scenes from Sherlock, accompanied by their own classical guitar music. Very clever, and a little bit (unintentionally?) funny 

June 3, 2016 5:18 am  #426

ukaunz wrote:

I'm in love 

Aww.   

And yes, I saw the other on the youtube sidebar, of course, but didn't watch until you pointed it out as being really good (granted, had been getting time-lost in sidebar recommendations, as you will, so was trying to stop!)  Wasn't sure if it was a good one to watch, so I'm very glad you said so!!  Oh my gosh... the music, and those guys are freaking adorable       I wish they had others!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

July 21, 2016 7:00 pm  #427

One of my favorites.So brilliantly edited.

Last edited by poorannie13 (July 22, 2016 8:08 am)

July 26, 2016 9:15 pm  #428

I wasn't sure where to put this, but I suppose it's kind of a fan video!   The other one ...

https://twitter.com/BBCStore/status/757973920536334336

(It's just an advert really, but fun)

Last edited by Liberty (July 27, 2016 5:53 am)

July 26, 2016 9:18 pm  #429

Really nice...!

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

August 9, 2016 10:59 am  #430

It's really lovely...

August 9, 2016 12:25 pm  #431

Tissues are most welcome.
Tea, anyone?

August 21, 2016 12:00 am  #432

Hillywood's Sherlock Parody, everyone

http://youtu.be/ArdWL2uKf7k

August 21, 2016 4:10 pm  #433

Isn't it just?
I really liked the special guests at the end :D

August 22, 2016 6:24 am  #434

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

August 22, 2016 7:32 pm  #435

...What do you mean?   It says right in the title/gif captions who it's by...  and the same Hillywood Show video posted above!!

Speaking of....   ha, Lily, you beat me to it.  Knowing all summer they were working on a freaking Sherlock one (and even went to London for it!!!), and waiting for them to finish, then I find out first thanks to Sue tweeting compliments about it!!  Pretty much did a happy dance and sound of surprised excitement in my chair, lol.   The Hillywood sisters are amazing!  Putting it all together, writing, editing, filming, looking so great as the characters.... now we have musical parodies of pretty much all the major ones - Potter, Supernatural, LOTR/Hobbit, Doctor Who, Hunger Games, Walking Dead, and Sherlock!  Yay!

(as an aside, I'm wondering if I'm the only one, not to be a downer or anything, who was a little 'eh' at the song style at first... just didn't feel as easy/catchy as their other songs, not always crazy about rap-ish style.... but watched it several times and growing on me!)

August 23, 2016 8:18 am  #436

Russell wrote:

...What do you mean? It says right in the title/gif captions who it's by... and the same Hillywood Show video posted above!!

You don't have to point it out that way. (!!) I'm not stupid.
I am at work, same yesterday, and I can't watch any video in the office. So I'm not able to check. I don't know the Hillywood Show and if they maybe did more than one parody.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

August 23, 2016 1:41 pm  #437

I must be the only person who didn't like it.  The production itself is extremely good: the film quality is superb and the fact that much of it was shot in the proper locations and even on the actual 221B set is praiseworthy. They’ve also done a really good job of finding locations/making sets that match the originals where they couldn’t film in situ.

However, the music – especially at the beginning of the video when it was so loud and irritating that I almost turned off – is annoying. The chorus is repeated far too frequently and became grating after a while.

And – I checked the transcripts – Sherlock has said the word “bloody” just once in all ten episodes, and that was when he was talking about John’s blog entry entitled “The Bloody Guardsman.” Using that word as the ‘punchline’ of each chorus smacks of giggling schoolgirls daring to use a very slightly rude word. Neither – unsurprisingly – has Sherlock ever said, “awesome.” Not even John has said, “awesome,” in the series! Surely the purpose of clever parody is to stay as close as possible to the personality and vocal style of the person you’re parodying.

Despite me only watching it a few times, the damned tune is determined to become an earworm in my head. I am equally determined not to let it, and have been humming anything else to keep it out!

All in all, after all the hype and despite its great production, I found the video disappointing and childish.

August 23, 2016 7:24 pm  #438

What impressed me the most about this video was how uncannily alike they were to Sherlock and John in their mannerisms. Without close-ups, they could've fooled me (I've seen gifs taken from the video that I thougth where from the actual show before I had a second look). The level of work they've put into replicating the movments is astounding!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

August 24, 2016 4:50 pm  #439

gently69 wrote:

Russell wrote:

...What do you mean? It says right in the title/gif captions who it's by... and the same Hillywood Show video posted above!!

You don't have to point it out that way. (!!) I'm not stupid.
I am at work, same yesterday, and I can't watch any video in the office. So I'm not able to check. I don't know the Hillywood Show and if they maybe did more than one parody.

I'm so sorry, I really didn't mean it that way, gently!!  Yeah, I guess I come across that way sometimes, even IRL... just was curiously surprised, even if didn't get a chance to see video yet, that saw someone post a 'Hillywood' thing, and the gifs are captioned the same.  But yes, sometimes we're checking from our phones or work and don't see.  So, sorry.

And Ariane -- yes!  Despite my praise for them in my last post and love of the creative coolness (and fun) of the quality level of parodies they put out, I was the same way about the song!  I went from being 'omg, yaaay, their Sherlock one is out, omg!' to '....wait... what?  this song is kinda grating!  this is what we get for the Sherlock one? (sadface)'  but unfortunately the song is a bit of an earworm, yes, and grew on me a little.  So, I don't know...   Even the blatant earworm of their Supernatural one was easier to enjoy having in head.

August 25, 2016 6:56 am  #440

Russell wrote:

I'm so sorry, I really didn't mean it that way, gently!! Yeah, I guess I come across that way sometimes, even IRL... just was curiously surprised, even if didn't get a chance to see video yet, that saw someone post a 'Hillywood' thing, and the gifs are captioned the same. But yes, sometimes we're checking from our phones or work and don't see. So, sorry.

I'm also sorry. Maybe I overreacted. Overreacted? Hmm.. reminds me of...

(Tony Hadley)

Board footera