BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 26, 2016 9:14 pm  #861

Re: sherlock series 4 (spoilers inside)

Ooh!  No wonder she wasn't allowed to say it, if that's the case!

July 27, 2016 7:08 am  #862

BBC store is trying to cash in on Sherlock by propagating Night Manager through it:

https://twitter.com/BBCStore/status/757973920536334336

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 27, 2016 7:26 am  #863

Cleverly put together, and The Night Manager was not bad... but yeah, it does seem a bit... "Oooh Sherlock is popular, let's use it for profit"

Besides... I thought the BBC store got closed? (shortly after my TAB DVD got lost in the mail...) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 27, 2016 8:31 am  #864

Has this already been posted here?
A theory that lets me gasp...
http://mental-leaps.tumblr.com/post/147997143318/theory

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

July 27, 2016 8:35 am  #865

HOLY HELL. NO

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 27, 2016 8:36 am  #866

Oh, this is interesting. And it would work. My only reservation is that they usually combine scenes and voice-overs that have no connection in the show. I think we can be sure that both Sherlock moments are from ep. 2 but the Lestrade shot could be from a different episode altogether. But still, looking at at like that it seems convincing. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 27, 2016 8:37 am  #867

gently69 wrote:

Has this already been posted here?
A theory that lets me gasp...
http://mental-leaps.tumblr.com/post/147997143318/theory

I really truly hope this theory is not true.
Otherwise, Sherlock´s character would move from "sympathetic excentric" into the realms of "deranged lunatic with a gun, dangerous for his surroundings"... I don´t know if Sherlock´s character would ever recover from this.

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 27, 2016 8:39 am  #868

And it would make me really really sad.

Last edited by gently69 (July 27, 2016 8:39 am)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

July 27, 2016 8:39 am  #869

I hope you're right Susi, and I agree, that's usually how it works... Maybe they want us to jump to this conclusion

And yeah, who could ever trust him again after this? Lestrade, the man who always had his back and always believed in him? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

July 27, 2016 8:41 am  #870

Believe me, I have read some very dark theories over the last days compared to which this is nothing. One of them still haunts me. But you are right, this would be too much after shooting Magnussen. And as I said, these scenes do not have to be connected in the show, trailers often create false impressions about what belongs together. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 27, 2016 8:46 am  #871

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

And yeah, who could ever trust him again after this? Lestrade, the man who always had his back and always believed in him? 

Yes, it would be the confirmation of every prejudice people had against Sherlock during the course of the series...
Sally Donovan would have a field day over this.

July 27, 2016 8:56 am  #872

I personally don't think that Lestrade is going to die, because i don't know why Moftiss would decide this character should leave.
But still, anyone can be the person Sherlock's shooting, anyone can be in the exploding car and anyone can be on the hospital bed.
So accoding to the theories i know so far, at least 4 people may die in S4: Mary, Mycroft, Mrs. Hudson and Lestrade.
Truly, "everyone they know is under threat".

Last edited by poorannie13 (July 27, 2016 9:00 am)

July 27, 2016 8:56 am  #873

Ew. No... just... no...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

July 27, 2016 9:00 am  #874

Lola Red wrote:

I was just watching the second part of the panel from flicks and the city and they have better audio, as well as a more convenient camera angle. Amanda, when asked about her first line in the script, clearly whispers "Lady Smallwood", but is not allowed to say it and settles for a gesture instead. Lady Smallwood features in the trailer, saying "We brought you back to deal with this, what are you going to do?" I naturally assumed that she was talking to Sherlock at first, but maybe it is Mary she's talking to...

This is really interesting. Here is the video:

http://stillgosherlocked.tumblr.com/post/148040922573/miadifferent-constancecream-miadifferent

July 27, 2016 9:03 am  #875

That definitely is Lady Smallwood. I think. (when you consider once someone put a word into your head one can only see that)... but I do see it

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

July 27, 2016 9:07 am  #876

July 27, 2016 9:08 am  #877

Mysterious device:

July 27, 2016 9:09 am  #878

July 27, 2016 9:14 am  #879

Interesting about the skull in terms of that scene in the street... mind palace deduction thing then? I can breathe a little easier now.

And that device... what is that??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

July 27, 2016 11:38 am  #880

Is Sherlock actually shooting the portraits of Culverton Smith in that trailer scene?

http://welovethebeekeeper.tumblr.com/post/148037182283/are-the-photos-behind-sherlock-culverton-smith

Board footera