BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 25, 2016 7:56 pm  #21

Re: Three Words - Thatcher/Smith/Sherrinford (spoilers!)

For Thatcher, my first thought was flashback. Sherlock being put into an insane asylum or something as a kid, in the Thatcher era. And maybe now he's into (forced) rehab and reliving some of those traumas. (He does seem childlike in his fear).

And I really, really hope they are not going for an "evil twin". That is the worst cliche of all cliches to have ever cliched.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

July 25, 2016 8:14 pm  #22

Vhanja wrote:

And I really, really hope they are not going for an "evil twin". That is the worst cliche of all cliches to have ever cliched.

Never fear Vhanja. Perhaps they've also read Polyphony's beautiful The Best of Times. Highly recommended, full of the most delicious angst and centered around a memory that might fully appear to literally haunt Sherlock. 

July 25, 2016 8:17 pm  #23

Hm, haven't heard of it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

July 25, 2016 8:20 pm  #24

It's right there on AO3. I've gathered from various posts you've left here you like Johnlock and love a good story and that one is really excellent.

July 25, 2016 8:33 pm  #25

Ah, now I see what you mean. Thanks for the tip! *bookmarked*

Team Hudders!

July 26, 2016 9:42 am  #26

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 26, 2016 10:47 am  #27

Interesting idea, in view of setlock, etc.  Of course, Thatcher doesn't need to be a real person at all.  The two others are fictional, both linked to canon in some way.   I'm finding it frustrating that Thatcher could be anything! 

July 26, 2016 11:16 am  #28

Oh, that's a very interesting theory, I can see a few ways that could work! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 26, 2016 1:34 pm  #29

Nice discovery about "Sherrinford". I could really seem them going for this, especially since we seem to be getting childhood scenes. And they are notorious for playing with names, all the Billys, Harry/Harriet, etc.

http://ebaeschnbliah.tumblr.com/post/147997107839/mollydobby-artfulkindoforder-also-the

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 26, 2016 1:47 pm  #30

So Sherrinford could be Sherlock himself, a sibling, or his mother. 

Didn't the casting call for girls ask for blue eyes?  And I wondered because if it was flashback, the adult woman with the most striking blue eyes is Mrs Holmes. 

July 26, 2016 1:54 pm  #31

Yes, I think you are right about the eyes. And Wanda's eyes are for more conspicuous in that regard than e.g. Amanda's. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 26, 2016 2:28 pm  #32

And we do know that Mrs Holmes is a genius... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 26, 2016 3:15 pm  #33

Mind is blown by some of the theories and stuff out of cc !

I think they are the names of the villains though.
Thatcher could be something to do with Mary and or the baby dieing  MT never shook the nickname milk snatcher and that could also be the very difficult scene MF filmed.
Smith as Culverton Smith .
Sherrinford probably links to Moriarty somehow , both Sherlock and Moriarty having theoretical brothers.
It usually is Moriarty ( or his twin lookalikey ) in the finale . 

"Man may not be degraded  to being a machine by being denied to be a ghost in the machine."
It's just transport. The virus in the hard drive . However impossible .Must be the truth.

July 27, 2016 4:43 pm  #34

Oh they have there own thread now. I was worried that the keywords are spoilers...kind of.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

July 27, 2016 4:55 pm  #35

I suppose they are.   Well, apart from the first one, as we haven't worked that out (although I haven't checked all the threads yet so maybe we've got it!). 

September 25, 2016 5:06 pm  #36

I've been folllowing the Sherlocked convention online - lots of interesting snippets but this is too big to ignore and I thought I'd better put it in one of the spoiler threads just in case!

https://twitter.com/cumberbatchweb/status/780089258409357312?lang=en-gb

We have two titles:
The Six Thatchers (there's our key word!)
The Lying Detective (a play on "Dying" presumably!).

September 25, 2016 5:09 pm  #37

OMG.
The first one made me laugh...
But the second?
This could be devastating, but I assume a play on words for the 'dying detective'.
I also presume there will be a third episode, though a tad worrying that they don't want to give us the title...

Last edited by besleybean (September 25, 2016 5:09 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 25, 2016 10:16 pm  #38

Liberty wrote:

I've been folllowing the Sherlocked convention online - lots of interesting snippets but this is too big to ignore and I thought I'd better put it in one of the spoiler threads just in case!

We have two titles:

In canon:
The Adventures of the Six Napoleons
The Dying Detective

September 26, 2016 4:22 pm  #39

kgreen20 wrote:

Liberty wrote:

We have two titles:

In canon:
The Adventures of the Six Napoleons
The Dying Detective

Oh thanks, I knew about "The Dying Detective" but didn't know what the canon version of "The Six Thatchers" is. Bit of a tongue twister if you say it very fast.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

September 27, 2016 3:12 pm  #40

Well, we knew Toby Jones was going to play Culverton Smith, didn't we? I just wonder about the connection with Mary since Amanda held the sign at SDCC. Mark = Mycroft = British Government. Sherlock = Sherrinford. Or they were just confusing us again. 

Board footera