BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 25, 2016 3:48 pm  #81

Re: Season 4 trailer (spoilers!)

mrshouse wrote:

Somehow I don't think that the hospital bed is about Mary. It doesn't really fit with the chasing scene with the dog and the very much alive baby. I'm still not 100% sure that she will leave in this series but I would rather go for something like the exploding car.
Someone on tumblr had a little meta that in this shot with John in the hospital in the right corner very very blurry there was the black rose to be seen, that was part of the deleted hospital scenen in HLV and obviously sent by Irene. So it could be that we get the "John staying with Sherlock at his sick bed after the shooting" scene after all.

Which also could indicate that we're getting answers to some of the yet unanswered questions. There still are some holes to be plugged after all.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

July 25, 2016 3:50 pm  #82

Oh, yes, plenty of them

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

July 25, 2016 4:02 pm  #83

Irene sent a red rose, didn't she? 

A black rose (at least in the gothic community where I 'come' from) signifies death

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 25, 2016 4:06 pm  #84

I would love if they came up with a proper explanation for the shooting scene and Sherlock's deduction.   I've been so sure they're going to let that go, as they let things go with TRF.   But the thing just doesn't make sense as is.  Although I would still like Sherlock's deduction to be right, simply because he has to be right most of the time, or he's not Sherlock Holmes!   And for the rest of the episode he doesn't do too well with deductions. 

The only problem with it being Sherlock's bed in HLV is that I don't think there's the same set up with the lines and equipment and so on.   I'll have to have a look and compare.  Of course, it could be a scene when Sherlock isn't actually in the bed - if he was in theatre we wouldn't see his lines attached.  I'm going to see if I can find the scenes and compare. 

July 25, 2016 4:15 pm  #85

From what I've seen from Setlock (and from the trailer), I got the impression that Sherlock became ill, was hospitalized, and then ran off (and met the woman in red etc). 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

July 25, 2016 4:23 pm  #86

Vhanja wrote:

I also find it interesting that there is not one single scene that shows any kind of domestic bliss or cosy moments. 

I don't think there will be much focus on "Uncle Sherlock" in this season as some feared.

I think that's only the choice of what to put in the trailer.  In the panel discussions they assured there would also be light and funny moments, which I assume will include some with the baby in episode one, judging by setlock and evidently at least one funny moment with the dog, since Gatiss says they had to write one, since Denver, the bloodhound, didn't cooperate during filming---make necessity the mother of invention of a good scene that was not planned.  LOL

I lost count

July 25, 2016 4:30 pm  #87

I'm looking forward to seeing the unco-operative dog! 

I had a quick look at the Magnussen deleted scene.  It looks nothing like the bed scene with John in the trailer.   So maybe not a flashback to HLV.   Like some of you, I do still get the feeling it might be Sherlock, and yes, connected to Toby's character in some way, and possibly absconding from hospital again. 

July 25, 2016 4:33 pm  #88

tonnaree wrote:

B
*My personal theroy was that episode 1 was going to be flashback heavy.  The words Thatcher only strengthens that feeling.

I would think that episode 1 will actually be mostly real-time and action packed, judging by setlock reports and may have the most witty moments, with baby, dog etc...this is the episode with all the sports car stuff and embassy goings on"  I rather think episode two with "Dying Detective" influences will have the most flashbacks and mind-palace, from what we've seen from setlock.  Episode three is the most mysterious one where there's not much of a picture for me from what setlock provided...and if Moriarty is dead then this will be containing some flashbacks  as well.  :-)

I lost count

July 25, 2016 4:38 pm  #89

Liberty wrote:

Like some of you, I do still get the feeling it might be Sherlock, and yes, connected to Toby's character in some way, and possibly absconding from hospital again. 

I totally agree, that makes a lot of sense.  I went by the Dying Detective reference thinking Sherlock looks so aweful because he's sick (and since he's by himself at times and still looks awful, it probably wouldn't be just playing sick) but I do like the rehab idea---never crossed my mind, but now that the Sherlock panel says the season shows struggle with drug addiction that would be a distinct possibility...

I lost count

July 26, 2016 8:03 am  #90

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 26, 2016 8:28 am  #91

Oh, thanks!  That's fantastic, Nakahara!  I love the way that it's linked to the filming locations.   That really makes me think about the hospital bed scene with John - setlock seemed to be quite clear that it was a children's ward.   Maybe it's baby Watson there, rather than an adult, although it somehow doesn't look like a child's bed space (no cheerful pictures, etc., and if that really is a rose it wouldn't make sense).   I suppose it's possible that they filmed two settings on the same set - a children's ward and an adult hospital bed. 

I wondered if it was defintely Martin too.  I think it is.  But remember, there wasn't just Toby, but another man in white in setlock - although this guy definitely looks like Martin rather than him too. 

As for flashback to HLV, I've already mentioned that it doesn't match the deleted scene with Magnussen (I didn't look at the others yet).   And I agree with them on the hair - looks like S4 hair.  Although it could be S4 Martin having a flashback, which would explain him hovering/watching rather than at the bedside.

Last edited by Liberty (July 26, 2016 8:32 am)

July 26, 2016 8:41 am  #92

I agree it doesn't scream children's ward at all... 

But the children's ward I worked in... there was no decorations in the rooms (there was in the hallways though) but the rooms were just white... but that's in Denmark. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 26, 2016 9:09 am  #93

I've been in them often enough here (the joys of parenthood!), but I seem to remember there was an effort to make them child friendly, and of course there would be a folding bed or similar there at night for the parent/carer.   But yes, just doesn't have that vibe.   Of course they could have used the same set to show Sherlock in hospital, having a flashback to being a child in hospital. 

Some interesting points about the grafittied door in Nakahara's link too - I'd just read recently about Arwel putting his son's initials in as grafitti!   So it looks like this is a created set, and links to the ruins with Mary in the rain.

July 26, 2016 12:35 pm  #94

I saw the most horrible idea on tumblr, but it does kindof fit and would be very dramatic and heartbreaking.

Think back to the scene in Hounds where Sherlock is seeing things and thinks that Dr. Frankland is Moriarty.

Now, think of the scenes from the trailer where Sherlock is shooting a gun off in 221b and then toward the end when he is standing in a morgue looking broken.

What if he's seeing things and accidentally shoots Mrs. Hudson?  What if it's Mrs Hudson in the hospital bed that John is standing at?   The person who came up with this idea also referenced the photo that was tweeted a while back of someone who looks kinda like Andrew dressed up as Mrs. Hudson with the comment that "she may have left."     *shudder*

I'm not saying this is what happens but I think it could be.  It does kind of fit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 26, 2016 12:49 pm  #95

NO NO NO NOOOOOOO!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

July 26, 2016 1:14 pm  #96

That would be awful.  Is Una thinking of retiring?  I think it would be a shame to have developed Mrs Hudson and then get rid of her too.   But yes, I know you've suggested "Thatcher" as a link to Hounds too, and it's possible (although I still feel it was only the password, rather than part of the plot - but maybe that's the kind of clue they're giving us).  I agree it kind of fits.  But I'm still not sure about the children's ward.   And Smith rather than Thatcher seems to be involved in Ep2. 

This would have to come before Mrs Hudson calling Mycroft a reptile, obviously. 

How could Sherlock get away with another murder, though?  I suppose if he was genuinely not in his right mind ... and I suppose that could lead into rehab. 

July 26, 2016 1:53 pm  #97

I was going to say it doesn't explain the rose, but looking at it again, I'm really struggling to see a rose there.  

Also I noticed that some people were posting about lesions on Sherlock's hands, but I can't see what they're saying - what they have in their screenshots looks different to what I'm seeing on screen. 

July 26, 2016 1:57 pm  #98

I had another random thought.

The scene in the trailer where Sherlock is fighting the person in a hoodie.  I think that person is Billy.  There's just something about the body language that makes me think it's him.  Also, that one actual shot they have of Billy in the trailer he is looking very shady.  And considering he's a minor character, why is he included in the trailer at all?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 26, 2016 2:25 pm  #99

I really need someone to help me on this one one. 

My ears are not the best from many ear infections as a child... But... I keep hearing a dog bark in the trailer. It's a bit mechanic... but it sounds like a dog?? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

July 26, 2016 3:10 pm  #100

tonnaree wrote:

I saw the most horrible idea on tumblr, but it does kindof fit and would be very dramatic and heartbreaking.

Think back to the scene in Hounds where Sherlock is seeing things and thinks that Dr. Frankland is Moriarty.

Now, think of the scenes from the trailer where Sherlock is shooting a gun off in 221b and then toward the end when he is standing in a morgue looking broken.

What if he's seeing things and accidentally shoots Mrs. Hudson?  What if it's Mrs Hudson in the hospital bed that John is standing at?   The person who came up with this idea also referenced the photo that was tweeted a while back of someone who looks kinda like Andrew dressed up as Mrs. Hudson with the comment that "she may have left."     *shudder*

I'm not saying this is what happens but I think it could be.  It does kind of fit.

Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

Board footera