BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 14, 2016 1:23 pm  #1561

Re: Chit-chat

I meant to tell you guys this as soon as I got home from my trip, but I kept forgetting!

There's this pet-related store that we kept passing and the sign shows the name in all lowecase letters.  The second letter was also a logo, so at first I thought it said "besley's." I thought "I've got to tell her about that!" And then when we got closer I realized it said "bosley's." lol I guess I've got your name ingrained in my mind.

Clueing for looks.

July 14, 2016 1:29 pm  #1562

Ha.
Mine's worse than that, though it possibly should be in the obsessed thread.
But there has been a horrible incident in England, whereby a female MP had a brick thrown through her office window.
It was all over the news.
The only thing I could focus on, was that the building was called ' Sherlock'.

Last edited by besleybean (July 14, 2016 2:50 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 14, 2016 2:49 pm  #1563

Oh, wow.

Clueing for looks.

July 14, 2016 3:09 pm  #1564

That's awful, but yeah... that's rather distracting that fact 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 17, 2016 5:16 pm  #1565

So... at my local train station they had a problem with young boys stealing from people late in the evenings, threatening them with knives... 

Instead of hiring a guard they are now blasting really, really loud classical music. 

Well, I realize classical music has a calming effect... and it's probably cheaper than a guard... but... why? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 22, 2016 12:15 am  #1566

La musique adoucit les moeurs
(music has charms to soothe the savage breast)

I'm in London at the moment and they're having a Sherlock Holmes experience at Madame Tussauds, as well as a show The Game is Afoot in the evening. I've booked for The Game but not yet for The Experience. But I'm definitely going.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

July 22, 2016 12:39 am  #1567

Will do

If I take pictures, it'll have to wait till I'm home though -no way to post pictures from the phone, and I've no other way to access the Internet.

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

July 22, 2016 6:46 am  #1568

That sounds awesome, Lily!! Have a blast!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

July 24, 2016 2:43 pm  #1569

Ah, you should checkout Sherlockology.
They've put together the list of every places in the series - and directions to get there

When are you going?

July 24, 2016 2:58 pm  #1570

Nice
Anything planned yet?

Oh! if you can, do go to Madame Tussauds (before 30th September) there's this fantastic interactive show, The Game's Afoot It's extraordinary (the cheaper tickets are on Mondays and Tuesdays).

July 24, 2016 3:32 pm  #1571

Ah no, The Game's Afoot does not involve wax figures -unlike the Sherlock Holmes Experience (that last one lasts 8 minutes and is part of the exhibition.
The Game's Afoot is an after hours show. Basically, you're a new recruit for the Yard and you've got to help them solve a series of murder because Sherlock is out of town.
It is a great show because it has you solve the case in talking to the actors and you actually have to think.

Your programme sounds great! I'm certain you will have fun
Quite frankly, the Sherlockology thing is a tremendous help; even if every Sherlockian, I believe, knows where Speedy's is, there are quite a few places...

Oh, and I wanted to go to the Orangerie yesterday (to drink tea, because for some reason, drinking tea in London helps me to write) but sadly it was 'booked for a private event'. I'll have to return.

July 24, 2016 4:07 pm  #1572

Living in London...if only! No, I'm afraid where I live is so less thrilling - a country village in France. Hardly the height of excitement.

Ah, indeed, that might be slightly boring for the person you're going with. They might enjoy the atmosphere though, but...the show lasts about 80 minutes.

July 24, 2016 5:53 pm  #1573

Ugh.

July 25, 2016 6:31 am  #1574

As much as Amanda can annoy me with her own rude comments on stuff... there's no need for these things. Have some respect people

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

July 25, 2016 2:22 pm  #1575

That's such an inappropriate comment from that random person online.  I know people say all kinds of mean and rude and gross stuff and whatever, but seriously why does Amanda need to see that? She doesn't.

Clueing for looks.

July 25, 2016 2:28 pm  #1576

Well, this girl seems pretty young and very obviously has not learned anything so far about the boundaries that should exist and be respected online as well as in real life. Never say anything online you wouldn't say in real life to the person's face. Nasty and rude stuff.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

July 25, 2016 2:30 pm  #1577

Exactly! I heard someone talking about teaching online behaviour in schools... not a bad idea if you ask me. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

July 25, 2016 2:37 pm  #1578

Most definetly. And it is tought more and more at the schools, though I don't think there's a sort of curriculum for it. The thing is that the gap between an appropriate age to be at least a little bit aware of online footprints and responsibility and the age children get their hands on computers, tablets and smartphones keeps widening.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

July 25, 2016 4:51 pm  #1579

Kids in Scottish schools definitely get told about appropriate behaviour on line.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 29, 2016 1:36 pm  #1580

I know in school we were taught about cyberbullying and how you can't take stuff back online.
I had meant to reply to this sooner and then it didn't happen.

Anyway, this morning I am hungry and I am trying to approach it with me positive attitude, but mostly distractions. I had a light breakfast around 6:00 and later I have a medical test so I can't eat until after its done, probably around 1:00. I don't think three cause for alarm, my doctor just wants a baseline, I think.

Clueing for looks.

Board footera