BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 24, 2016 9:12 pm  #821

Re: sherlock series 4 (spoilers inside)

That's what I want to know... and what I'm scared to find out

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 24, 2016 9:19 pm  #822

nakahara wrote:

The third picture obviously isn´t Sherlock, IMHO: I bet we are looking at the prodigal Sherrinford, Holmes third brother and Sherlock´s twin.
We made theories that we would see Moriarty´s twin in time - but maybe we would see Sherlock´s?

Possibly.  I think, watching it, that the face coincides with the word "demons", which almost gives it a demonic feel.  We were talking about this in the other thread.  I keep feeling that "it's never twins" is a clue that it's going to be twins at some point!   And Sherlock's demons go back a very long way - to childhood?  "Sherrinford" is either Sherlock himself (Doyle) or his brother (Baring-Gould), and a twin kind of brings those two together. 

Last edited by Liberty (July 24, 2016 9:33 pm)

July 24, 2016 9:35 pm  #823

Two scenes I am awfully curious about:

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 24, 2016 9:55 pm  #824

Aaaaargh

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 24, 2016 10:09 pm  #825

http://marcelock.tumblr.com/image/147907236148

I'm actually a little disappointed about this.  I'm hoping it really is just a theme and not the theme.   But it maybe confirms Sherlock as drugged rather than ill in certain scenes. 

July 24, 2016 10:13 pm  #826

A theme, he didn't say 'the' theme... it would be odd if it wasn't a theme at all...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

July 24, 2016 11:12 pm  #827

I got so excited when I saw the teaser trailer in my YouTube subscription feed! And I started jumping up and down like an idiot...I mean like a really excited person.
I loved Mrs. Hudson standing up to Mycroft and I'm really excited to see why Mary's in disguise.

Clueing for looks.

July 25, 2016 7:14 am  #828

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

A theme, he didn't say 'the' theme... it would be odd if it wasn't a theme at all...

Thanks for the reassurance .   But I do have misgivings ... much as I loved TAB, I don't want the show to be "Sherlock on drugs so everything is mind palace", or even all about rehab, saving him from himself, etc., etc..  I'm more interested in his brilliant mind, his relationships with people, etc.  I think if Benedict had said the drug issues would crop in one of the episodes, I'd be fine with that (Ep2 looks a bit druggy).   But he seems to be saying that it's a theme for the whole series.  I'm just going to have to have faith that they will do it well.  I'm very excited about everything else I've seen so far!

July 25, 2016 7:26 am  #829

Liberty wrote:

Thanks for the reassurance .   But I do have misgivings ... much as I loved TAB, I don't want the show to be "Sherlock on drugs so everything is mind palace", or even all about rehab, saving him from himself, etc., etc..  I'm more interested in his brilliant mind, his relationships with people, etc. 

YES to all of this.
I have my fingers crossed that drugs would not be the main theme of S4, just one of the features of the plot.

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 25, 2016 7:28 am  #830

Oh, Mark!

July 25, 2016 7:45 am  #831

Cute .

I'm really looking forward to more of their relationship.

July 25, 2016 7:52 am  #832

They were hilarious last night!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

July 25, 2016 11:39 am  #833

July 25, 2016 11:51 am  #834

nakahara wrote:

Liberty wrote:

Thanks for the reassurance .   But I do have misgivings ... much as I loved TAB, I don't want the show to be "Sherlock on drugs so everything is mind palace", or even all about rehab, saving him from himself, etc., etc..  I'm more interested in his brilliant mind, his relationships with people, etc. 

YES to all of this.
I have my fingers crossed that drugs would not be the main theme of S4, just one of the features of the plot.

A big YES from me as well. I don't really want a huge "It's all mind palace" explanation, I don't want drugs or any other kind of 'it's not really real' plot. It would be neat if we got an explanation for some of the things in HLV which didn't really make sense, but I don't want the explanation to be mind palace. I want things to be real, it's as simple as that.
And yes, I know, it's not my show, it's theirs. Then again... it IS my show because it means so much to me...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

July 25, 2016 1:57 pm  #835

LMAO! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

July 25, 2016 2:59 pm  #836

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

July 25, 2016 3:12 pm  #837

Liberty wrote:

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

Thanks for the reassurance .   But I do have misgivings ... much as I loved TAB, I don't want the show to be "Sherlock on drugs so everything is mind palace", or even all about rehab, saving him from himself, etc., etc..  I'm more interested in his brilliant mind, his relationships with people, etc.  I think if Benedict had said the drug issues would crop in one of the episodes, I'd be fine with that (Ep2 looks a bit druggy).   But he seems to be saying that it's a theme for the whole series.  I'm just going to have to have faith that they will do it well.  I'm very excited about everything else I've seen so far! 

I agree with Liberty.  I don't want the entire 4th season to be set in Sherlock's mind palace or about Sherlock doing drugs either; it's surely not.  I'd rather it be about his great mind and his relationships, and I'm sure it will.

July 25, 2016 4:09 pm  #838

Sorry if this has already been posted, I haven't watched the Comic con panel until now. But it seems to me to be very clear that something is going to happen with the baby.

Did you guys hear Amanda's response when she was asked how the baby influenced or changed the dynamics? I mean, she has previously been able to talk at length about how Mary change or influence the dynamic of the Sherlock and John. And if the baby had been a regular part of the show all throughout the season, I reckon she would able to talk about it a bit as well.

But it's clear she can't say anything, and it's quickly being joked away by Mark and Sue. So it seems to be that something is definitly going to happen to the baby.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

July 25, 2016 4:16 pm  #839

Yes, that is interesting. Maybe it is just to hide how long Mary/Baby are really in the show, maybe they want to keep it secret it and both outcomes are possible.
Another interesting thing is, that on ibdm Amanda is only listed for episode 1. Though I'm not sure how reliable that is.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

July 25, 2016 4:25 pm  #840

The baby's gonna be in danger for sure.

Board footera