BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 16, 2016 4:44 pm  #801

Re: sherlock series 4 (spoilers inside)

All sounding good!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 17, 2016 7:51 pm  #802

I am done with my masters and binge watching Sherlock in between watching for updates on Setlock.

Life is so good.

Any thoughts or findings regarding the pictures of hospital directory signs floating around social media?

Originally, I thought that Baby Watson was ill or injured but others seem to think Sherlock is the patient. Thoughts? 

May 17, 2016 7:52 pm  #803

Could be both of them!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 17, 2016 8:52 pm  #804

Just switched over to the other thread regarding spoilers. You guys are so amazing! I am re-reading TDD now. 

July 24, 2016 6:51 pm  #805

Can we talk about it here

it's not setlock, so I thought this is a good thread for it.

I wonder if Smith is Marys real name. (not because Amanda is holding it)

Last edited by Ivy (July 24, 2016 6:52 pm)

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

July 24, 2016 6:59 pm  #806

Lautrela wrote:

Smith ? I thought her initials were AGRA ?

didn't thought about it. Maybe another cover name?

----------

July 24, 2016 7:02 pm  #807

Thatcher made me think about government. What if is meant to indiciate Sherlock having flashbacks? Perhaps he was in rehab or an insane asylum with those threatening nurses when he was young (and Thatcher was prime minister)? My first thought.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

July 24, 2016 7:05 pm  #808

Oh, that's more probable than my thought.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

July 24, 2016 7:06 pm  #809

Just because Mary is holding it, does that mean Smith refers to her? 

John Smith/Jane Do...? 

Thatcher reminds me of THoB... The password being Maggie... but maybe that's too far a reach. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 24, 2016 7:14 pm  #810

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

Just because Mary is holding it, does that mean Smith refers to her? 

John Smith/Jane Do...? 

Thatcher reminds me of THoB... The password being Maggie... but maybe that's too far a reach. 

You mean Amanda?  I wanted to write Mary as well at first. I said in my post above that it has nothing to do with Amanda holding it! That was somehow my first thought when someone mentioned the keywords before I found that photo. But like Lautrela said of course her initials are AGRA, so it doesn't matter anyway.

----------

July 24, 2016 7:16 pm  #811

Lol, Freudian slip there. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 24, 2016 7:33 pm  #812

I thought of Maggie Thatcher too!  First thing that sprung to mind.  Maybe not the password, but ... I remember in the filming for the first episode people mentioning that the interior of the house looked like it came from the '70s.  Thatcher came into power in 1979.

I'm guessing Smith is Culverton Smith (Toby Jones). 

Sherrinford is maybe the other one. Brother?  Sister

Last edited by Liberty (July 24, 2016 7:36 pm)

July 24, 2016 8:00 pm  #813

Liberty wrote:

I thought of Maggie Thatcher too!  First thing that sprung to mind.  Maybe not the password, but ... I remember in the filming for the first episode people mentioning that the interior of the house looked like it came from the '70s.  Thatcher came into power in 1979.

I'm guessing Smith is Culverton Smith (Toby Jones). 

Sherrinford is maybe the other one. Brother?  Sister

That was my next thought that Smith might be the villian. But I have no idea about the canon, so that absolutely make sense.

And she was prime minister til 1990, so it would be during Sherlocks youth, were maybe the drug problems started. I googled Maggie Thatcher and drugs and found some links about a new drug policy. 

----------

July 24, 2016 8:14 pm  #814

Yes, now that I think of it, I remember thinking that the exterior of the house didn't look like it was from the 70s.  But then, that could fit with a mind palace/memory scene. 

Sherrinford was one of Doyle's original names for Sherlock, I believe, so actually could be Sherlock himself.  However, Baring-Gould used the name for another brother (the other one?).

And I think Toby Jones is confirmed as playing Culverton Smith.

Last edited by Liberty (July 24, 2016 8:15 pm)

July 24, 2016 8:18 pm  #815

Ah yeah, I forgot Culverton's last name being Smith. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

July 24, 2016 9:03 pm  #816

Some pictures from the new trailer:

The third picture obviously isn´t Sherlock, IMHO: I bet we are looking at the prodigal Sherrinford, Holmes third brother and Sherlock´s twin.
We made theories that we would see Moriarty´s twin in time - but maybe we would see Sherlock´s?

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 24, 2016 9:05 pm  #817

Shoot, Sherlock, shoot!

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 24, 2016 9:07 pm  #818

Such aggression!

And I agree, something seems 'off' about that third picture... and it's not just the tan 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

July 24, 2016 9:08 pm  #819

----------

July 24, 2016 9:11 pm  #820

Heck, what did Mycroft do to earn Mrs. Hudson´s wrath? 

Board footera