BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 24, 2016 8:56 pm  #121

Re: Comic Con San Diego 2016

Yes, the hair really suits her! 

I think we've already been told no Johnlock .  But nice to expand on what Steven said about writing gay characters. 

I liked Mark's "wait and see" answer to the question about the relationship between Mycroft and Sherlock - I've been expecting to see more of that after TAB!

July 24, 2016 8:56 pm  #122

Amazing panel, I just love their humour really! 

And very interesting talk about the LGBT... but one question, did that guy forget that Irene is gay? (well, bi for Sherlock) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 24, 2016 8:57 pm  #123

Oops, I think I missed the start, got distracted watching the trailer about 15 times on another website...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 24, 2016 8:58 pm  #124

I want to know what this difficult scene is that Martin if filming all by himself...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 24, 2016 8:59 pm  #125

Lautrela wrote:

Does someone know what song Mark started to sing ?

The first time... ever I saw your face.... Umm, i can't think of the name of it sorry!

Edit: oh, that is the title

Last edited by ukaunz (July 24, 2016 9:00 pm)

July 24, 2016 8:59 pm  #126

Me too, it's worrying me even... I wonder what could be so difficult and why he'd be alone!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 24, 2016 9:00 pm  #127

Roberta Flack, The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face

Last edited by ukaunz (July 24, 2016 9:01 pm)

July 24, 2016 9:01 pm  #128

Lautrela wrote:

I'm trying to remember ... I think it was "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face". 

July 24, 2016 9:07 pm  #129

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

Amazing panel, I just love their humour really! 

And very interesting talk about the LGBT... but one question, did that guy forget that Irene is gay? (well, bi for Sherlock) 

Possibly Moriarty (hinted at with the comment about the difficulty of making bad guys gay) and Mycroft too, and a couple of minor characters, and then there are some unknowns, like Magnussen.  Although I suppose it's a fair point that Irene is the only major character who is definitely gay, and she spends her story line falling for Sherlock! 

July 24, 2016 9:19 pm  #130

ukaunz wrote:

Oops, I think I missed the start, got distracted watching the trailer about 15 times on another website...

The whole thing in one or two hours on their channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/NerdMachineTV/videos the whole Q&A with the guy who was on before them is already uploaded.
I watched the one with Tom Hiddleston (he was on yesterday) earlier.

Lautrela wrote:

When I have some words of the lyrics I usually google it, it always helped me so far.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

July 24, 2016 9:36 pm  #131

The quality is good, you can hear what they are saying and you can see their face, we have to be thankful 

----------

July 24, 2016 9:38 pm  #132

Thank you Ivy!

July 24, 2016 9:43 pm  #133

Great, Ivy, thank you so much!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 24, 2016 10:31 pm  #134

https://www.youtube.com/user/NerdMachineTV/videos

Some parts of Nerd HQ were uploaded the whole thing should come soon. Have to sleep now, enjoy watching everyone who hasn't seen it live.

----------

July 24, 2016 10:35 pm  #135

Thank you so much for the links! 

What an awesome panel. Even with them not being able to say much they said an awful lot of things, and they are just hilarious! I had to cover my mouth not to laugh too hard. (since it's after midnight and we've got thin walls in my building)  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

July 24, 2016 10:47 pm  #136

Thank you Ivy!
Had found the first part (before the audience asks questions uploaded by Flicks and the City) but that part has not been uploaded yet, so thank you!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

July 26, 2016 8:34 pm  #137

found the second part from flicks and the city, audio is slightly better. When they are ask about their first line in the script, you can hear Amanda whisper

"Lady Smallwood"

****************************************************************************************************************************************
We balance probabilities and choose the most likely. It is the scientific use of the imagination.    

July 27, 2016 4:08 pm  #138

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

July 29, 2016 12:04 pm  #139

With An Accent has posted Part 2 of their SDCC 2016 interview with Stephen Moffat, Mark Gatiss, Sue Vertue and Amanda Abbington

Sherlock & A Study in Secrecy
http://www.withanaccent.com/2016/07/28/sdcc-2016-sherlock-a-study-in-secrecy/

Part 1 has been posted elsewhere on the forum, but for those who missed it, here's the link:

Sherlock & A Case of Sexual Identity
http://www.withanaccent.com/2016/07/27/sherlock-a-case-of-sexual-identity/

July 29, 2016 5:16 pm  #140

Thanks, Ukaunz! 

I love that they're going to be referencing the old Rathbone films.  I feel I grew up with those and I loved them!  I feel a bit of a philistine, but it was really those I loved rather than the ACD stories.   I suppose that Moftiss grew up with them too, given that we're of a similar age and had the same TV programming in our youths!

I like this quote (even though I don't want it to end on a cliffhanger):
You don’t want to think they stop; [you want to think] that Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Watson never stop. They’re always going to be in those rooms at Baker Street. They always are. And there’s always going to be another client coming into the door. You kind of want it to end with the doorbell ringing. You don’t want it to end ever, because this is the story that does not end.

Board footera