BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 21, 2016 7:23 pm  #821

Re: The "Good News" thread

I have been reading about some of the fun that people have been having, getting out and seeing people and places while playing, as well as some more unfortunate things.

I have yet to decide if I want to play, though I have a feeling I will only really be able to play close to my house and on my university campus when I am back there in the fall, since I do not have data on my phone so I would be limited to the distance I can go on my wifi connection.  I haven't seen people wandering around my street so I have a feeling there may not be any pokemon near my house.

I think it's really cool that it's got people going out and seeing places and people, as well as excercising.
Though, to be honest, I am surprised people are not tired of the Pokemon franchise.  Selfish as it is, I kind of wish they would stop it already.  I feel like with this game, they've reached the end of what they can add to it.

Last edited by Yitzock (July 21, 2016 7:24 pm)

Clueing for looks.

July 21, 2016 9:29 pm  #822

Well, I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to Pokemon... I watched the Anime series as a kid, and I still know it by heart and still watch it. I LOVE the pokemons from that... some of the later ones are just... I don't know... weird? I'm happy the app mainly has those from the beginning. It makes it really special, and I got so happy the other day when I got a Jigglypuff. 

I've actually had some fun experiences with the game... I have my routes... and so does some of the 'hardcore' guys who play it... some of them have been giving me weird looks... apparently they don't like that I, a girl (oh the horror) play the game... 

Well, today I got back at them. I was right behind them on my route, and caught a Pokemon called a Pigeot, with a high level... And suddenly one of the guys stopped "HEY, did you take MY Pigeot" he accused one guy and they actually started arguing... I couldn't help but laugh. 

And tonight I met a guy and talked a bit with him... I set up something called a lure, which is supposed to lure pokemons to that location... it runs for 30 minutes... and within minutes a desolate place became busy with people... one of them figured out it was me who put it out and we talked a bit. Exchanging tips and complaining about only getting rats and pigeons... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 21, 2016 9:53 pm  #823

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

I've actually had some fun experiences with the game... I have my routes... and so does some of the 'hardcore' guys who play it... some of them have been giving me weird looks... apparently they don't like that I, a girl (oh the horror) play the game... 

Well, today I got back at them. I was right behind them on my route, and caught a Pokemon called a Pigeot, with a high level... And suddenly one of the guys stopped "HEY, did you take MY Pigeot" he accused one guy and they actually started arguing... I couldn't help but laugh. 

And tonight I met a guy and talked a bit with him... I set up something called a lure, which is supposed to lure pokemons to that location... it runs for 30 minutes... and within minutes a desolate place became busy with people... one of them figured out it was me who put it out and we talked a bit. Exchanging tips and complaining about only getting rats and pigeons... 

Nice. I don't get how there are still guys who don't like that girls play games and can be good at them. I like how you sneakily got back at them.

Clueing for looks.

July 22, 2016 10:03 pm  #824

The Game is Afoot at Madame Tussauds.
I'm not going to say much about it because they asked us "not to reveal anything on the world wide web since it did not exist in the 19th century".

I think that I can safely say that it was a very immersive experience and a rather well constructed murder mystery (there has to a be a murder in a detective story after all...).

We were new recruits for the Yard and we had to conduct an investigation to help them out (out of their depths yet again, Sherlock would probably say) and interact with suspects and everyone else. It was very, very nice indeed.

I have not done the Sherlock Holmes Experience at Madame Tussauds yet - essentially because it lasts 8 minutes and I don't really fancy paying a full ticket for "only" that. In comparison, The Game lasted about 80 minutes and cost a little less than twice the price of a ticket.

As far as value for money goes, I think The Game has a very good one, but I'm not sure I'd say the same about the SH Experience: it would have to be really really amazing for that.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

July 22, 2016 10:21 pm  #825

That sounds like a lot of fun, Lily! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 22, 2016 11:53 pm  #826

It was!
:D

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

July 24, 2016 6:43 pm  #827

My son has given me the best daughter-in-law in the world!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 24, 2016 7:26 pm  #828

Congratulations, besley! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

July 24, 2016 7:54 pm  #829

Thank you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 24, 2016 10:56 pm  #830

Congratulations, besley

July 25, 2016 4:43 pm  #831

Thanks, guys.

August 1, 2016 3:03 pm  #832

I have the most amazing best friend!

Last week I mentioned to her I wasn't feeling all that well, (among other things stressing out about having to attend a family Birthday...) and I opened up a tiny bit about some things with her... I've known her for 9 years now... and it's not her fault, it's me who couldn't open up. 

Well, today I just came back from a really tough therapy session and I'm very thin skinned... I found a note in my mailbox that she had sent me a parcel. I started wondering if I left something at her house some weeks back... 
Nope. Since she knew I was having a bad day she's bought chocolate and candy for me and sent to me, with it the most wonderful letter. 

I don't remember the last time I cried of joy like this. 

I feel so lucky 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

August 1, 2016 3:07 pm  #833

That's so sweet of her!

Clueing for looks.

September 30, 2016 5:40 pm  #834

I had an amazing day (despite having to run into some very horrible specimens of the teenage race on the train which triggered my anxiety...)

But my best friend texted me out of the blue and asked me out for lunch and a bit of shopping... I considered saying no but I went, and I'm so happy I did. We met another of our friends and her husband and had lunch with them too. We geeked out a lot and it was just awesome! 

I've not really had the chance to get to know her husband... we live all over the country, now we at least live on the same island all of us, so it was great. He's a really nice guy! (I mean, I met him for the first time at their wedding...). 

I feel so lucky to have those people in my life. And I look forward to all of us gathering in a couple of weeks. Despite everything I am happy I have those people in my life; especially if I do walk out on my family one day

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

September 30, 2016 5:50 pm  #835

Glad things seem to be a bit more positive for you, dear.
For my own part, my son has just messaged us his masters results.
He has been granted a distinction, as he received full marks!

September 30, 2016 5:56 pm  #836

Congratulations to your son, besley!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

September 30, 2016 5:57 pm  #837

We are so proud of him.
Everything he touches turns to gold.
Must be a pain for his little sister, no wonder she suffers with anxiety and depression.

September 30, 2016 6:10 pm  #838

Yay, congrats to your son, besley. 
Phantom, it's so nice you had a great day!

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

September 30, 2016 6:43 pm  #839

I can imagine it's a pressure for her! I hope she sees her own strengths eventually instead of comparing herself to him; good grades are awesome, but it's not everything 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

September 30, 2016 6:46 pm  #840

She's currently enjoying a course she found herself and is living in her own accommodation...passed her first lot of exams with flying colours.

Board footera