BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 16, 2016 10:01 am  #21

Re: Official BBC releases - Series 4 - The Game is On!

Oh I think they will as far as circumstances allow.
But nobody would expect them to miss out on a chance of  a life time.
Sometimes you do have to let people down, like Benedict with not touring with 'After the dance'.
Martin nearly gave up the Hobbit for Sherlock, but he cannot be expected to do that all the time.

Last edited by besleybean (July 16, 2016 10:03 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 16, 2016 11:09 am  #22

Why he said it - I think it's the way things are reported.  I'm sure he's mentioned something similar before, that they started off with respected but not massively famous actors, and now have hugely bankable, A-list Hollywood stars, which is unusual for the BBC.   So there's the possibility that it won't go ahead, but I think that possibility has always been there.   I suppose it might be more pleasant for Benedict and Martin to film in the UK, so it's not necessarily just a question of money, etc.   Anyway, the papers have chosen to focus on that bit where he mentions the possibility that there might not be a S5, something that was always the case.  Hopefully, it will just be a case of trying to shuffle dates around.  If it doesn't happen that's a real shame, especially as it looks like they've had S5 in mind when writing S4.   But I personally don't feel I need an ending ... I'd be happy for it always to be left open for another episode, even if it's five, ten, twenty years down the line!

July 16, 2016 9:43 pm  #23

ewige wrote:

I absolutely adore this picture.
There's also a larger version with his knee visible (yep, I'm that obsessed, but I feel like I'm in a good company here, lol):

Such a marvellous photograph. Love it to bits! 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 17, 2016 11:05 am  #24

I absolutely love that picture!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

July 17, 2016 12:40 pm  #25

Wonderful pic. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 17, 2016 8:34 pm  #26

I want to see that bigger picture with his knee!

July 24, 2016 11:36 pm  #27

The s4 trailer has been officially released!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p042g1f0

If anyone wants to dissect/discuss the trailer here without giving away setlock spoilers, please do

THIS IS SO EXCITING! I may have been hyperventilating a little by the time I watched it for the 20th time.

It was so annoying to have to make lunches and get kids to school on time this morning. I'm really having difficulty focussing on real life today...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 24, 2016 11:58 pm  #28

The "Three Words" for s4 have also been officially released:

Thatcher. Smith. Sherrinford.

https://twitter.com/sherlock221b/status/757334695684153344

Any spoiler-free speculations?

Last edited by ukaunz (July 25, 2016 12:00 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 25, 2016 6:32 am  #29

Maybe we need a separate thread for the words? I've seen them discussed in several threads now? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 25, 2016 9:30 am  #30

It is a good idea to have a separate thread for the three words... However, my main worry is that someone might accidentally refer to something they've seen in setlock, and I was hoping to keep this thread spoiler-free (and by spoiler I mean any info or images not released by BBC or the Sherlock team themselves). So if anyone else is likewise trying to avoid spoilers but still wants to discuss the trailer and words, they can post their ideas here

July 25, 2016 4:48 pm  #31

I was excited enough about the words, but that trailer is amazing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 25, 2016 5:15 pm  #32

The trailer is amazing indeed. I want to watch it again and again and again. Oh, please, let the BBC broadcast it in January. And I absolutely hate my tiny, tiny TV right now. Oh, please, let the BBC show the series in the cinema, just as they did with TAB.

July 25, 2016 5:19 pm  #33

Looks like it will air on New Year's day...
I gasped at the trailer!

Last edited by besleybean (July 26, 2016 6:36 am)

July 26, 2016 5:33 am  #34

besleybean wrote:

Looks like it will air on Ne Year's day...

Really? Is that a thought or did they say so?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

July 26, 2016 5:51 am  #35

I haven't heard yet, but I would guess New Year's Day.  It's an event, and they've said 2017, so not Christmas.  Unless there's something holding it up, I imagine it will be one of the main BBC offerrings at New Year.

Last edited by Liberty (July 26, 2016 5:51 am)

July 26, 2016 5:55 am  #36

It's my best bet as well. And my fingers are crossed. It certainly will make it easier to survive Christmas with my family

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 27, 2016 4:40 pm  #37

It always starts on New Years Day, that's tradition now.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

August 31, 2016 12:10 pm  #38

First official picture of both of the boys... 

I feel like there's a lot of emotions in this one! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

August 31, 2016 1:23 pm  #39

I don´t know what to think about this new promo pic.

The promo pics in the past always featured Sherlock and John together, close to each other.

This new pic, on the other hand, besides being dark as hell, features them both not even looking at each other.... as if both were alone in the picture.

Plus, John´s hair on the pic looks fake somehow....

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

August 31, 2016 1:35 pm  #40

nakahara, I'm having similar thoughts about the new promo pic.
Then again, maybe they just wanna scare us a bit. The pic is dark - and that's what they promised us for S4. Whether or not S4 is really gonna be all that dark, the pic might just get the right atmosphere across. And maybe they wanna scare us first before, you know...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

Board footera