BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 15, 2016 11:40 pm  #521

Re: Doctor Strange (spoilers)

Ooh that is a gorgeous concept art book.

July 24, 2016 2:33 am  #522

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 24, 2016 2:50 am  #523

Yea, my knickers just melted.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 24, 2016 2:53 am  #524

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

Is... is it November yet??? 
That trailer is... EVERYTHING!!!! 

I can't even... Uhm. words. What are words???

ETA: Okay. I've caught some of my breath back... 
He looks amazing, both clean shaven as the doctor, pre accident... and wow. Those hands on the piano! Gorgeous. And the goatee... it just works. He works as Dr. Strange. He looks like he stepped out of the comic. That way he throws the cape on... wow. 
His accent is pretty good, to my untrained ears... and I do love the humour in the end lol. 

Also, good to see more of Mads Mikkelsen's character, he looks awesome, and the little of his voice I heard sounds pretty good too! (I always worry with Danish actors that you can hear it too much...) 

And a whole other thing... a bit OT, but this brought a fond memory back to me... in high school my 'friends' and I would often go to the local library next to the school to take advantage of their free coffee... I would always get bored... and I noticed this little boy walking around on his own... and I started making imaginary fireballs with my hands and throw them at him so he had to dodge them and run. It became a daily thing. lol. Much more fun than arguing about shades of nailpolish 

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (July 24, 2016 3:06 am)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 24, 2016 3:18 am  #525

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 24, 2016 7:25 am  #526

Oh My God!
This trailer is awesome!
Phantom, I second your question (not to mention that November brings us closer to series 4).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

July 24, 2016 9:26 am  #527

That trailer is perfect! Fantastic visuals, great music and well, Benedict doesn't look too bad, either.
It still reminds me a bit of "Inception", visually and also in terms of the music, but that isn't a bad thing, either. And I'm really looking forward to Benedict and Chiwetel having more time on screen together than in 12YaS. They'll be perfect together.
And for some reason in Germany the movie will open in October...

Last edited by SolarSystem (July 24, 2016 9:28 am)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

July 24, 2016 9:39 am  #528

And here are ten minutes from SDCC with Benedict and the cast:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLE17hoQZr4

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

July 24, 2016 10:55 am  #529

So he looks REALLY handsome and the special effects are great, but on the whole the new trailer - comparing to the first one - did not leave me breathless. The bits of dialouge we get feel kind of your-typical-superhero-stuff (w-f password at the ends saved it!). 

July 24, 2016 11:01 am  #530

For those like me who aren't familiar with the original Doctor Strange comics, "Shamballa" apparently refers to:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shambhala and in particular the graphic novel Into Shamballa.
But it makes for a good joke in the movie

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 24, 2016 11:14 am  #531

Oooh, that's interesting, thanks for the info! 

And thanks for the video! Lovely panel, and what a great reception from fans! 

Also, while I do agree about the 'Inception-esque' feel, you have to remember Inception was inspired by Doctor Strange. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

July 24, 2016 11:17 am  #532

Wow, that looks amazing. I am SO looking forward to this movie! :D

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

July 24, 2016 11:23 am  #533

Still have to watch the cast interview but I love the trailer! Imagine these effects on a big screen and Benedict – what shall I say? Hands. Face. Body. Voice. 
I am also looking forward to his scenes with Benedict Wong and Chiwetel Ejiofor. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 24, 2016 11:31 am  #534

SolarSystem wrote:

And for some reason in Germany the movie will open in October...

Yes, for some reason it begins screening in Australia on 27 October, which means I'll probably watch it on my birthday a few days after

July 24, 2016 11:40 am  #535

The Danish theater site has it listed on October 27th as well. Hmm. 

Not that I mind! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

July 24, 2016 11:49 am  #536

miriel68 wrote:

The bits of dialouge we get feel kind of your-typical-superhero-stuff

That might be due to the fact that it still is a superhero movie. Even if there may be some philosophical ideas involved and even if Benedict is the lead actor, that doesn't mean Marvel is suddenly turning all intellectual. It's still Marvel and they ayre still aiming to reach a broad audience. So I wouldn't expect this to be too challenging on the story or dialogue level.

July 24, 2016 12:04 pm  #537

Well said. 

I just invited my friend to watch it with me at the premiere... (well, I've sort of invited her a year ago already... but now well we have a date!) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

July 24, 2016 2:20 pm  #538

Ben has done quite a few SDCC appearances over the years hasn't he? 

I really like how he seems at ease on that stage

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

July 24, 2016 3:30 pm  #539

I think the last time was two years ago (or three?) for one of the Hobbit movies. So it's not that long ago, and apart from the Hobbit and Sherlock there's not much he could have appeared for at a SDCC.

July 24, 2016 3:49 pm  #540

tonnaree wrote:

Yea, my knickers just melted.  

Quote of the day! 

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

Board footera