BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 4, 2016 3:32 pm  #6301

Re: The comprehensive Johnlock guide (Johnlockers only)

*swoon*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 4, 2016 3:49 pm  #6302

From now on this is the only thing I will post in the debate thread.

The creators lie........a lot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaOaVZgsMzI

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

July 4, 2016 7:35 pm  #6303

Man....my subscription to this thread do not keep me updated! 
Anyway this is just so funny!
http://johntheantivirus.tumblr.com/post/146908402748/beejohnlocked-graceebooks-rudegyalchina

=14pxAs he took my phone, he stole my heart

=14pxI will start using that line now!  It's too perfect!

-Could you whisper...?
-NOT REALLY!!

July 4, 2016 9:38 pm  #6304

Sigh. Today I broached the subject of Johnlock with my best friend, and he didn't want to know. I said I could convince him Sherlock is a love story with just two pieces of evidence, but he totally dismissed it and didn't want to hear. He "doesn't want to be thinking of hairy butts, thanks".

I feel a bit... disparaged, even though I have no reason to take it personally. But we watched this show together, and if he doesn't see the romance, or doesn't want to see it, then I'm not sure how he can properly enjoy the story being told. I hate thinking his opinion of me enjoying it revolves around sex, when it doesn't. But to him, that's what anything gay equals. If it was a straight romance it wouldn't even be an issue, it would be invisible, just part of the story. But no, it's gay, so "lol hairy butts".

I love my best friend so very much, but he can be a bit dense sometimes.

But I don't think I want to watch s4 and beyond with him now.

Doomsteady on AO3 & Tumblr

July 5, 2016 4:17 am  #6305

Sorry to hear that. :-(

Would it help to point out that both butts are probably not hairy at all? ;-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

July 5, 2016 6:00 am  #6306

I don't think he wants any details about their butts at all, frankly. And in context of the show, I wouldn't want/need to see anything explicit, either. It would risk cheapening it, when I think it's so important that they play it out with as much gravity and seriousness as it deserves. I think the way they're doing it right now is beautiful; in Mark's words, "desperately unspoken". Softly, softly.

Outside that context, however, I wouldn't turn down a bit of cumberbutt/freebutt. I'm not crazy. ;)

As an aside, why they heck haven't I seen this before??

Did this actually appear in TAB ever? It was from 2015 setlock, apparently. Never heard anyone reference it, ever, until I stumbled upon this speculation post today. I LOVE that it says "Which will elude the sight of the most attentive" and then goes on to talk about "Lord Grey of the fifty shades of grey parliament society". I mean, I guess the riding crop always was a little suggestive...

Last edited by GimmeCat (July 5, 2016 6:12 am)

July 5, 2016 7:12 am  #6307

I do not think it was in TAB but I remember the wild speculations. 

Here is a nice little quiz all true Johnlockers should take: 

https://www.buzzfeed.com/westminsterabi/the-hardest-tjlc-quiz-youll-ever-take-2gxh4

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 5, 2016 7:51 am  #6308

Took it earlier, got 14/15. Only one I missed was "which one not is a John mirror", because I don't know some minor character names very well.

July 5, 2016 7:54 am  #6309

Same here. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 5, 2016 8:55 am  #6310

Also 14/15. Didn't know about the IPhone game, because I don't have one.

LOL, if I think of the beginning of my fandom... Johnlock? Not really my area. Remember the conversations we had, Susi.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

July 5, 2016 8:56 am  #6311

Oh, yes. After watching 12 Years at the cinema, right? And look what happened … 

July 5, 2016 9:01 am  #6312

Yes, in that pub...on the way to your car... And you: "It's fine if you don't see Johnlock, but let time pass by.."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

July 5, 2016 9:04 am  #6313

As far as I know the most the manifest appears is near the end of tab when the bride scene is rehenacted for the second time, but you can't much apart from heimish.

July 5, 2016 9:15 am  #6314

gently69 wrote:

Yes, in that pub...on the way to your car... And you: "It's fine if you don't see Johnlock, but let time pass by.."

And so you are perfect proof of how convincing Johnlock is - you did hesitate at first and did not go searching for clues and yet one day you saw it, too. 

July 5, 2016 9:17 am  #6315

I saw the light.

(Tony Hadley)

July 5, 2016 9:24 am  #6316

Indeed. And what a good thing it was. 

July 5, 2016 3:20 pm  #6317

I got 15 out of 15 on the TJLC quiz.  That's why I"m president of the OSAJ.  

It is also proof that I have no life.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

July 5, 2016 3:53 pm  #6318

Wow, Ms President, kudos for your superior knowledge. 

July 5, 2016 3:58 pm  #6319

It didn't hurt that I just watched the TJLC Explained vids on Mirroring.  

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

July 5, 2016 4:02 pm  #6320

Serious scientific studies. 

Board footera