BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 20, 2016 4:17 pm  #261

Re: When a beloved celebrity dies

See I  feel guilty cos I was hard pressed to get past Benedict, Simon and Zachary etc.
But I did like him. He was good.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 20, 2016 5:31 pm  #262

What a great loss. :-(

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

June 20, 2016 6:32 pm  #263

On a side note:  Why can't people research things before they repost them?!?!?   Someone just posted on my Facebook that Anthony Hopkins had died and I was totally freaked out until I did a quick search.

I ALWAYS do a search and confirm when I hear of any celebrity death.  It only takes a minute.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 20, 2016 6:42 pm  #264

But to be honest, it wouldn't take me by surprise this year. 

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

June 20, 2016 6:54 pm  #265

Sssssssssh!  mrshouse!  Don't say that out loud!  

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

June 26, 2016 9:00 pm  #266

And the next one... The German actor Götz George.
A good actor in "Tatort" (a German crime series taking place in various cities in Germany, Austria and Switzerland)  but also versatile in films like "Schtonk" (about the faking of Adolph Hitler's diaries) and most impressive in "Der Totmacher", a movie about a killer of young boys in post -war-Germany.
I could need a break, 2016.

Last edited by mrshouse (June 26, 2016 9:10 pm)

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

June 26, 2016 10:20 pm  #267

This is sad. I always liked Götz George. He was very versatile, as you say, and could do a lot more than "Kommissar Schimanski" although it was his most iconic role. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 26, 2016 10:30 pm  #268

Okay, if the reset button for 2016 doesn't work, maybe someone should pull the plug.

June 27, 2016 8:27 am  #269

I didn't like him that much but I have to admit that he was a very good actor.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

June 27, 2016 5:29 pm  #270

JP wrote:

Okay, if the reset button for 2016 doesn't work, maybe someone should pull the plug.

I did see a post on Tumblr wondering if we can stop 2016 without saving and start over.

Clueing for looks.

June 27, 2016 5:48 pm  #271

Well, maybe there are also some backups. Anyone knows?
Or it's all just Sherlock's MP. Considering the airing date of TAB...
WAKE UP, SHERLOCK!

June 27, 2016 9:04 pm  #272

No break, I'm afraid... Bud Spencer is dead 
He was 86, so he reached a very decent age, but it's still sad. I loved his movies, especially the once together with Terence Hill, when I was a child.
RIP Flatfood 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

June 27, 2016 9:38 pm  #273

After thinking about the beginning of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (this was the title, right?), now I think of MIB. Maybe all the aliens are leaving, before we screw up this world completely?

(sorry for being sarcastic, gallows humor is the only way I can offer now)

June 28, 2016 6:39 am  #274

stoertebeker wrote:

No break, I'm afraid... Bud Spencer is dead
He was 86, so he reached a very decent age, but it's still sad. I loved his movies, especially the once together with Terence Hill, when I was a child.
RIP Flatfood

He was a part of my childhood too. Very sad news.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 28, 2016 8:44 am  #275

Part of my youth? Yes, same here. Like many others who left this year so far. Unbelievable.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

August 30, 2016 6:41 am  #276

Can we say it again all together now?   'Dammit, 2016!'   
Yes, he had a fantastic long life, but I was still sadly struck to hear that Gene Wilder passed.  Especially hearing from the family's (wonderful) statement that it was Alzheimer's.  Willy Wonka to so many, a fantastic comedian in so much else (he and Richard Pryor were something else!).  Love what the family wrote:

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

August 30, 2016 7:35 am  #277

Don't know much about him but of course... RIP.

(Tony Hadley)

August 30, 2016 12:21 pm  #278

I adored Gene.  He showed comic genius in the films he made with Mel Brooks and I even loved the silly comedies he made later with Richard Pryor.

However, as Willy Wonka, Gene defined a huge part of my childhood.  That movie always filled me with wonder and happiness.  As I sit here thinking about him, I can't help but have "Pure Imagination" playing in my head.

Goodbye Gene, thank you for the love.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

August 30, 2016 6:11 pm  #279

Such a talent. But at least he had a good innings.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 11, 2016 8:47 am  #280

I am sad to hear about the death of Leonard Cohen. He knew it was coming and I recently read a review of his last album which was pointing to this as well. He is another voice that will be sadly missed. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

Board footera