BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 17, 2016 6:06 am  #2381

Re: Series 4 Setlock (potential spoilers)

I suspect not a murder mystery host, but the other occupation which came up way back in the thread that we talked about

TV presenter - because that seems to be mentioned in the blurry shot of the tiny bit of script, if in fact that's a real bit of script.  Is Business Killer the name of his show?

.    So if this scene is not mind palace, I suppose it might confirm his real occupation?  Is it possible to read any more on that poster?  I can't just see "He's back.  Business Killer.  It's murder in the boardroom".  He could also be a writer, I suppose.

June 17, 2016 6:37 am  #2382

Also wondering if the "explosive flavour" sign on the bus is a hint about a coming explosion?

June 17, 2016 7:10 am  #2383

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 17, 2016 7:11 am  #2384

That bizarre and creepy scene on the top floor was repeated yesterday:

http://thesetison.tumblr.com/post/146030929991/xxxxxxxxxx

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 17, 2016 7:11 am  #2385

Lovely tweet from Sue:

June 17, 2016 7:12 am  #2386

Ah, so it's not definite that Toby is the guy at the window?  I read somewhere that he was and presumed he'd been confirmed.

June 17, 2016 9:16 am  #2387

no, he wasn't. The guy at the window is the guy in the cream suit that was seen in the scenes shot in Wales and mistaken for Martin (from the back). Definitely not Toby Jones.

June 17, 2016 9:28 am  #2388

I just noticed something about the second outfit worn by Martin yesterday during the bus scenes: It is exactly the same or at least a very similar outfit to the one he wore when John takes the tube at the beginning of TEH. Coat, jeans, shirt, shoes - just the scarf is missing, probably because yesterday's scenes were not set in November. 
I think these are the only times he is taking public transport in the show - and both times in the same outfit. 

Last edited by SusiGo (June 17, 2016 9:28 am)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 17, 2016 9:32 am  #2389

SusiGo wrote:

I just noticed something about the second outfit worn by Martin yesterday during the bus scenes: It is exactly the same or at least a very similar outfit to the one he wore when John takes the tube at the beginning of TEH. Coat, jeans, shirt, shoes - just the scarf is missing, probably because yesterday's scenes were not set in November. 
I think these are the only times he is taking public transport in the show - and both times in the same outfit. 

maybe he has a 'public transport' outfit that he wears for the occasion

June 17, 2016 12:39 pm  #2390

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 17, 2016 12:41 pm  #2391

ok this is utterly brilliant

June 17, 2016 12:43 pm  #2392

Out pain perfectly illustrated.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 17, 2016 1:56 pm  #2393

Ha! At least we don't have to wait two years this time!

Clueing for looks.

June 17, 2016 2:21 pm  #2394

All in all the hiatus hasn't been as bad this time because we had TAB and the setlock for TAB in between Series.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 17, 2016 5:09 pm  #2395

Love these!  So funny!

June 17, 2016 6:14 pm  #2396

They are fantastic!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 17, 2016 7:25 pm  #2397

Heh, painfully but perfectly accurate! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

June 19, 2016 2:12 pm  #2398

Some interesting thoughts about the lady in florals seen at the window and a hint for a revisit to the MP:
http://ebaeschnbliah.tumblr.com/post/146155610499/lady-in-floral-colours-inverted-s4-setlock

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

June 19, 2016 3:13 pm  #2399

Glad you posted this.
Have to say, I prefer it to my theory, following a re-watching of TAB on Friday night.
I was coming around to the fact that she was in fact a 'ghost from Sherlock's past', even one he'd created himself.
But I much prefer the thought of Molly!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 19, 2016 4:33 pm  #2400

I can't see how the lady having a cane would fit with Molly.

"Man may not be degraded  to being a machine by being denied to be a ghost in the machine."
It's just transport. The virus in the hard drive . However impossible .Must be the truth.

Board footera