BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 15, 2016 1:48 pm  #2281

Re: Series 4 Setlock (potential spoilers)

Collapsing Sherlock:

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 15, 2016 1:51 pm  #2282

Nooooo.

*sob*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

June 15, 2016 1:59 pm  #2283

London Eye will definitely take some place in this story, so it seems. They are filming somewhere next to it:

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 15, 2016 2:01 pm  #2284

nakahara wrote:

I wonder if this lady in red is the new Watson at Sherlock´s side.
John is with Mary now, so maybe Harry Watson is taking his place? BBC Sherlock goes Elementary?

And poor Sherlock definitely collapses there at the bridge. Very ill indeed.

I am practically 99% sure that while that is going down, John is coming out of 221b frantically with phone in hand (scene shot on Sunday) looking for Sherlock/going to him.

June 15, 2016 2:02 pm  #2285

Oh, I very much hope so!

June 15, 2016 2:06 pm  #2286

I think the same. Someone said Mrs Hudson could have been tossing car keys to him. I am sure we will get lots of dramatic cuts from John desperately searching to Sherlock stumbling around the rainy city. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 15, 2016 3:02 pm  #2287

nakahara wrote:

I wonder if this lady in red is the new Watson at Sherlock´s side.
John is with Mary now, so maybe Harry Watson is taking his place? BBC Sherlock goes Elementary?

And poor Sherlock definitely collapses there at the bridge. Very ill indeed.

Don't make me have to get out the glitter Nakahara. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 15, 2016 3:19 pm  #2288

I would not for a second think that she is a replacement for John. I would not even say she is real in those scenes. And I am quite sure she is not Harry Watson. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 15, 2016 3:33 pm  #2289

I don't think she's Harry either, but I will confess to thinking it would be wonderful if she was. 
Meeting Harry Watson is very high on my Sherlock wishlist.

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

June 15, 2016 4:10 pm  #2290

It breaks my heart seeing him like that... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

June 15, 2016 4:23 pm  #2291

Do not get me wrong, I would love to meet Harry Watson. And a meeting between her and Sherlock would be great. But look at the scenes: she does not seem to help him when he collapses on the bridge and walks away. This makes me believe that she is either in his mind or not his friend. And I would like to see Sherlock and Harry being friendly with each other because they both love John. 

June 15, 2016 5:18 pm  #2292

Agreed Susi. 

SOS
Save Our Sherlock!

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

June 15, 2016 5:18 pm  #2293

I don't think she's a John replacement either.  If she's real (and not mind palace), I wonder if in the collapsing scene she had hurt him in some way (injected him, poisoned him?).   The video of the rain scene is odd too - she's walking with the stick but at quite a pace as if she doesn't need it.  The limp is pronounced for one step and then virtually disappears.  Could she be faking?  Of course, Sherlock is just the person to pick up on a fake limp!    On the bench scene they are sitting quite closely together, although it might just be the angle - looks more intimate than the other scenes. 

June 15, 2016 5:21 pm  #2294

I do not think that she did this to him. Of course we do not know the chronology but he seems to have been in a bad way for quite some time. Remember, in all the scenes from ep. 2 we could see he looks unshaven, has unwashed hair, is wearing a dressing gown outside, is stumbling around. He might have run away from hospital at some point.
I read that at some point yesterday Benedict was using the stick instead of her. This is really confusing - and exciting. 

June 15, 2016 5:32 pm  #2295

Oh, I don't mean the "illness", I mean the collapse - people pointed out that she was pointedly not helping him.  Initially, when I read it, it sounded like he'd been shot, but nobody has mentioned her having a gun.   Just odd that they look kind of close, then she watches while he collapses - it's not a usual response ... unless she knew he was going to collapse and why.  It almost seems too close to what happened with Mary.  It wouldn't surprise me if Sherlock was taken in by an apparently vulnerable woman (client?), and I think this scene gives a little suggestion that she might be a villain ... the only thing that makes me think that's unlikely is it seems Toby has been confirmed as "the" villain of Ep2. 

I agree with the post linked which said the scenes look as if they take place on the same evening/night.  But I suppose at the moment we don't know the order.

Looking up at the sky and bright lights makes me think of aliens! 

I agree - confusing and exciting, indeed!

Last edited by Liberty (June 15, 2016 5:34 pm)

June 15, 2016 5:51 pm  #2296

There isn't poison or a missile from the stick, then?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 15, 2016 5:55 pm  #2297

The woman is most likely only in his mind and not really there.

They shot scenes with both of them and then only with Benedict. Seems to indicate that she is not really existing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

June 15, 2016 5:55 pm  #2298

That would be beautifully Victorian, Besleybean! 

I didn't realise that they'd also filmed the scene without Sian.   Even more interesting.   I wonder if she could have been a victim/client, now deceased, and he is following in her footsteps to solve the case?  Although I have to say she looks in much better shape than him.

Oh, and reading the posts again, it looks like it's possible that there is a gun on the scene? 

Last edited by Liberty (June 15, 2016 6:13 pm)

June 15, 2016 7:53 pm  #2299

I really, really wonder about her identity.
If she is only MP, I guess she is a memory of some person from Sherlock´s past... former client, maybe? Or the "other one"?
And if she is real by chance... who is she?

June 15, 2016 8:14 pm  #2300

I like the idea of her being a client, but I was thinking back over previous episodes and how clients seem to take a back seat, more so that in ACD, I believe.  For instance, we don't see much of Lady Smallwood after she becomes a client, Sherlock doesn't "solve her case" and her appearance at the end is not related to her own case.  Mary is a client all through the ACD story, but only becomes a client a good way through her third episode (and then is not really seen in relation to her case either).  

But that doesn't mean Sian isn't a client.  Henry in Hounds probably gets the best client role that I can think of off hand, and we see his story through.   (There's also a walking stick reference in Hounds - and it's a doctor's walking stick). 

Last edited by Liberty (June 15, 2016 8:22 pm)

Board footera