BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 29, 2012 4:53 pm  #1

Hello fellow Sherlockians!

Hi,

I've been looking around for a good Sherlock Holmes forum, and I think I've finally found the one. :D
I look forward to joining discussions and reading your theories and thoughts on everything Sherlock.

Cheers!

Sharky

July 29, 2012 5:13 pm  #2

Re: Hello fellow Sherlockians!

Hello Sharky! Welcome to the forum. Hope you have lots of fun on board.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 30, 2012 12:00 am  #3

Hello All;

Been a serious Sherlock Holmes Geek for a very very long time. I got my first SH book at 14 at Christmas, and I remember my Mother yelling at me to "put that book down and go out and play!"  I usually don't (= NEVER) reply or blog or Facebook or Twitter, but fighting against my Luddite tendencies to log in to this forum. When I heard about his 'updated' version coming out, I was against like so many like me. How could you improve upon Jeremy Brett? But 5 gold stars to the writers and actors - I really did not think it could be pulled it off, but the series is excellent in almost every way. The series music is even outstanding! Bravo. Leave it to the Brits to show us Americans how good TV is done.

Doc

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
"I killed people"   "You're a Doctor!"    "I had bad days..."

July 30, 2012 12:23 am  #4

Welcome to the forum and enjoy.   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was worth a wound–it was worth many wounds–to know the depth of loyalty and love which lay behind that cold mask. The clear, hard eyes were dimmed for a moment, and the firm lips were shaking. For the one and only time I caught a glimpse of a great heart as well as of a great brain. All my years of humble but single-minded service culminated in that moment of revelation.

July 30, 2012 12:34 am  #5

Hello and welcome HoosierPhD. You are sure to find a lot to amuse and enjoy here. I agree with you about the music both the original and the clips such as Sinnerman and The Thieving Magpie.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 30, 2012 2:28 am  #6

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

And welcome also to HoosierPhD.

July 30, 2012 7:18 am  #7

Hello Doc and welcome to the forum. Looking forward to your input and to see you are a Canonite and not so much a Luddite after all.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 30, 2012 3:36 pm  #8

Hello both of you!
Welcome to the Forum :D

--------------------------------------------------
Crime in Progress. Please Disturb.

July 30, 2012 3:55 pm  #9

Hi Sharky and Hoosier, welcome to the madness!
How did you come up with your usernames? I believe Hoosier is a reference to a US state, am I right?
We are a worldwide bunch of crazies, er I mean, lovely people, here. Female and male, young and old(er), sane and a bit nutty, but all good, kind people.
Kazza keeps us in line, watch out for her!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

July 30, 2012 6:49 pm  #10

Welcome to Hoosier and Sharky (notice how we nickname folks).

Sharky, yes, you have probably found the right forum. We're fun and nice and knowledgeable, although the latter isn't necessarily a requirement.

I shouldn't answer for you, Hoosier, but I'm guessing you're from Indiana. Yay!  Another member in the MidWest We have Michigan and Illinois and, I believe, Ohio.

Knock, knock.
Who's there?
Hoosier.
Hoosier who?
Hoosier favorite Sherlock character?

Last edited by veecee (July 31, 2012 7:55 pm)

July 30, 2012 9:12 pm  #11

Hoosiers are from Indiana (USA), although we don't really know where the nickname developed. And, no, I did NOT attend Indiana University! (Important that I make that qualifier to my use of the name..others from the Midwest will understand). Good question - who is my favorite SH character.  Most likely Irene Adler, just because she beat SH and did it in such a nice way (in the books, anyway).

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

July 30, 2012 10:13 pm  #12

Welcome to the forum...the nicest group of people ever

Disguise is always a self portrait

July 31, 2012 1:18 am  #13

Greetings. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is the foil of a detective a thief or a magician?

My Theory on the Fall: http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=21539#p21539

July 31, 2012 3:48 am  #14

A big HELLO to you, Hoosier and Shark Blade!

And welcome back, dear SP! You were sorely missed...

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

August 1, 2012 9:19 pm  #15

Welcome to our two new members!

Hope you have fun here and thanks for joining our little (actually not so little anymore) community. 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

August 5, 2012 11:36 am  #16

HoosierPhD wrote:

Hello All;

Been a serious Sherlock Holmes Geek for a very very long time. I got my first SH book at 14 at Christmas, and I remember my Mother yelling at me to "put that book down and go out and play!"  I usually don't (= NEVER) reply or blog or Facebook or Twitter, but fighting against my Luddite tendencies to log in to this forum. When I heard about his 'updated' version coming out, I was against like so many like me. How could you improve upon Jeremy Brett? But 5 gold stars to the writers and actors - I really did not think it could be pulled it off, but the series is excellent in almost every way. The series music is even outstanding! Bravo. Leave it to the Brits to show us Americans how good TV is done.

Doc

Hi Hoosier, as an American long time follower of Sherlock Holmes do you consider yourself a Sherlockian or a Holmesian?
I recall reading a long time ago that Americans called themselves Holmesians.
I know it's a trivial thing but I've always wondered how much those 'titles' still rang true these days.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

August 5, 2012 6:39 pm  #17

Hello, you two, welcome to the Sherlock madness  .

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 5, 2012 10:08 pm  #18

hello to Sharky and Hoosier--yep, you're both in the right place.   I'm the local kitty.   keep posting and have fun!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

August 28, 2012 2:31 am  #19

kazza474 wrote:

HoosierPhD wrote:

Hello All;

Doc

Hi Hoosier, as an American long time follower of Sherlock Holmes do you consider yourself a Sherlockian or a Holmesian?
I recall reading a long time ago that Americans called themselves Holmesians.
I know it's a trivial thing but I've always wondered how much those 'titles' still rang true these days.

Hum.Good question. I've always called myself a 'Sherlock Nut'. It's only recently that the average person understood the meaning....   

While "The Fandom That Waits" waits until the next episides, I'm hoping that everyone who hasn't read the original stories does so.

Board footera