BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 12, 2016 7:05 pm  #1

Interview with Martin Freeman

This article was posted on the Sherlock Web site prior to either the 2nd or 3rd season of the show.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/mediapacks/sherlock/freeman.html

June 12, 2016 7:31 pm  #2

Re: Interview with Martin Freeman

Moftiss said something similar in the commentary for HLV, that John would like Sherlock to have a girlfriend! 

June 12, 2016 7:32 pm  #3

And didn't he do well, getting the really hot girl from the wedding?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 12, 2016 7:45 pm  #4

Actually, this might be good for the debate thread, because there was some doubt over that scene.

June 13, 2016 3:58 am  #5

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

June 13, 2016 6:11 am  #6

But honestly, what do you think he meant by that comment? 

Johnlock aside, I think it's nice that the two comments (from Martin and Moftiss) align, because it does give a nicer view of John, whether or not you think he fancies Sherlock.   And I honestly think Johnlock isn't really the issue here (I did bring it over to the Johnlock thread, in case it came up, but mentioning it here because I think that's what you're getting at with the link).   If John did care for Sherlock iin that way, he's chosen not to pursue it, and of course he might still want Sherlock to be happy with somebody rather than alone. 

June 13, 2016 1:25 pm  #7

besleybean wrote:

And didn't he do well, getting the really hot girl from the wedding?!

The girl he spent the entire wedding trying to find another date for.
Just saying.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 13, 2016 1:39 pm  #8

Well, John wasn't necessarily aware of that, as those were private conversations between Sherlock and Janine.  (And Sherlock clearly didn't plan to date her at the point either - he only dates her because of the Magnussen case).  But whether he overheard or not, I don't think John expects Sherlock to date Janine at all!    He's absolutely gobsmacked that when she appears at the flat!  

Board footera