BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 6, 2016 12:32 pm  #2921

Re: Favourite Martin pics

Last edited by nakahara (June 6, 2016 12:32 pm)

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 6, 2016 4:21 pm  #2922

Oh look, 2 Catholic boys together!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 7, 2016 6:40 am  #2923

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 7, 2016 8:13 am  #2924

June 7, 2016 3:42 pm  #2925

Love his clothes in the last one.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 7, 2016 9:50 pm  #2926

nakahara wrote:

No idea who she is, but I like that woman's hair or wig. whichever it is. Beautiful. 

Someone said earlier that Martin is looking quite delish lately, and I agree.

June 7, 2016 9:51 pm  #2927

He definitely is...
No I don't know who she is either, pretty girl.

June 7, 2016 9:51 pm  #2928

nakahara wrote:

A gorgeous, well-tailored suit.  Does Martin have a new stylist? I know he can't cry poverty anymore, not with the professional success he's enjoyed in the last 5 years, so whatever, it's nice to see him so beautifully turned out.

June 7, 2016 9:52 pm  #2929

nakahara wrote:

Mmmm, Martin in cashmere. Mmmm.

June 8, 2016 12:47 pm  #2930

June 8, 2016 12:52 pm  #2931

Sexy man.
I am fairly certain Martin does not employ a stylist...
Oh sorry, did you mean hair?
I certainly thinks he shops for his own clothes.

June 8, 2016 7:17 pm  #2932

besleybean wrote:

Sexy man.
I am fairly certain Martin does not employ a stylist...
Oh sorry, did you mean hair?
I certainly thinks he shops for his own clothes.

Most folks of his stardom status do have stylists these days (yes, talking about clothing, not hair--  hair goes without saying).  Of course he has final say about what he actually wears.  but usually a stylist will do the preliminary shopping and choosing, and then present it all to the client, in their home, in a designer's studio somewhere, etc, for the client to try on things and have final say. And then stand for the tailor to make everything fit right. What they wear out to the movies or to the grocery store or for casually hanging out with their friends and family, that wouldn't matter. But for official or industry appearances of any kind, someone with the kind of money and position Martin has now, I'm virtually certain there's a stylist and a tailor on his team.

June 9, 2016 6:45 am  #2933

I doubt it.
He's a self-confessed clothes addict and has named the shops he buys from...I think he does it all himself.
He  is just naturally stylish.

June 11, 2016 7:15 pm  #2934

besleybean wrote:

I doubt it.
He's a self-confessed clothes addict and has named the shops he buys from...I think he does it all himself.
He  is just naturally stylish.

He certainly could shop for himself, many do really enjoy that process, especially if you're famous enough to clear John Q. Public out of the way while you have the store or the department to yourself. His appearance clothing has to be tailored, though;  the fit is much too precise and neat-looking to be off the rack.  He's not dressing so goofy lately, which does make me wonder if he has someone advising him. Who knows, we'll never know, and I don't suppose I really care, but I do like looking at the results, however he gets there.

June 11, 2016 7:16 pm  #2935

On you last point, me too.
As for his change in style, maybe he's just grown up!

June 11, 2016 8:56 pm  #2936

People can change on their own overtime.  Some people are more famous for it than others, obviously, but it's possibly his taste in clothes has changed some just from experience or wanting a change after dressing a certain way.  Either way, I think he looks cool.

Clueing for looks.

June 11, 2016 9:13 pm  #2937

I think it's his own style. He said in an interview, he hates stylists. Here: http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/martin-freeman-interview-the-hobbit-sherlock
So I think it's everything Martin himself
I liked more his old style, but his new style is great, too.

June 16, 2016 7:05 am  #2938

Martin, trying to swallow a toothbrush:

June 16, 2016 7:30 am  #2939

June 16, 2016 7:57 am  #2940

Jogi Löw, anyone?

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

Board footera