BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 26, 2012 8:13 pm  #1

Guardian article

Article published today about scientists using the Sherlock Holmes effect in their research. This relates to the curious incident of the dog in the night time, when the dog did not bark.

www.guardian.co.uk/education

Rubbish at links! Sorry! Someone will probably bail me out again on this one!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 26, 2012 8:25 pm  #2

Re: Guardian article

Here's the direct link to the article!

It's an interesting piece. Whilst absence of evidence can be useful for some things (Such as the Higgs Boson particle) it can also be for reasons, as yet, unthought of.

There's another article there about why the police force isn't about deductive reasoning and more about building community links.

Popular term in the Guardian today (Which is funny - because the Guardian makes an apparent blunder within the continuity of the show).

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

March 26, 2012 8:59 pm  #3

Re: Guardian article

Thanks for the bail-out yet again! Think you've got the job!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera