BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 5, 2016 1:24 pm  #801

Re: The "Good News" thread

Yay, I'm so happy! Today I became a dog instructor! And it wasn't just a weekend course or a couple of hours in an evening. The education started in August and we've had eight weekends (including this one, so once a month) with homework for every weekend. The exams went over the entire weekend. Yesterday we had to hold a lecture lasting between 40-60 minutes in subjects given to us, and today we had to instruct three unknown owners with dogs in a given subject, and also answer two randomly selected questions about anything from the curriculum.

And I passed! Got a diploma and everything. SO happy, been working with this for a year now! 

And to make it even better, the school I was attending asked if I wanted to join in instructing in their courses this coming autumn - and they asked that a week ago, even before I had passed my exams! :

Last edited by Vhanja (June 5, 2016 1:30 pm)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

June 5, 2016 1:29 pm  #802

Congratulations, Vhanja! <3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

June 5, 2016 1:48 pm  #803

Congratulations, Vhanja! That's cool! I hope you continue to enjoy it!

Last edited by Yitzock (June 5, 2016 1:51 pm)

Clueing for looks.

June 5, 2016 2:06 pm  #804

Well done, Vhanja.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 20, 2016 5:52 pm  #805

Looks like a found a new job. :-D

Hubby and me bought a house in the very (very) north of Germany. Now I've had some job interviews to find a new school there. At the moment, we are loving about 600 km away so it was really neccessary to find a job there.

Job interview no 3 was successful. I'be been offered the Job and officially accepted it. YAY!

I am so looking forward to all of it. :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 20, 2016 5:53 pm  #806

Congratulations.
Hope the move goes well.

Last edited by besleybean (June 20, 2016 5:54 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 20, 2016 5:59 pm  #807

Great, dear! Hoping very much for you that everything turns out the way you plan!

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

June 20, 2016 6:21 pm  #808

((((((((((big hugs)))))))))  So happy for you sweetheart!  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 21, 2016 4:16 am  #809

Thank you all so much!

June 21, 2016 5:21 am  #810

That is awesome good news! Good luck with the move and the new job!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

June 21, 2016 6:03 am  #811

Congratulations soon-to-be Nordlicht  . Where are you actually moving? Good luck with everything.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

June 21, 2016 7:22 am  #812

stoertebeker wrote:

Congratulations soon-to-be Nordlicht  . Where are you actually moving? Good luck with everything.

Thank you. I'll pm you. ;-)

June 21, 2016 5:27 pm  #813

Best of luck with that, Schmiezi! It sounds exciting.

Clueing for looks.

June 21, 2016 6:11 pm  #814

Cool!   Good luck!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

June 22, 2016 4:17 am  #815

Thank you both!

July 17, 2016 9:36 am  #816

Well I finally got that Pokemon Go game on my phone... I've been really excited to try it.

I find it difficult to go outside often... (anxiety) and mostly I just go to appointments or go shopping and go straight home...

I went for a 4km walk last night, I was out for 1.5 hours... and I'm excited to do it again tonight! Me, excited about walk???

This could become a very healthy habit! I need the exercise

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 17, 2016 9:37 am  #817

My daughter's really enjoying it and I'm quite enjoying going out hunting with her!

July 20, 2016 5:43 pm  #818

Oh this game... believe or not, i've never heard of it until last saturday when my brother showed it to me. Well it seemed fun, we were looking for these pokemons... and so the game is on my phone but i can't go outside since sunday. Got sick But the game seems fun, a nice way to make people get out of their houses and have a walk

July 20, 2016 8:21 pm  #819

Aw sorry to hear you got sick! Hope you feel better sooon!

I've been walking 3-6 km daily since I got the app, I actually have to 'hold myself back' since my sick spine and hip does have limits of how much I can walk around... It's pretty addictive! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

July 20, 2016 8:55 pm  #820

Thanks, i think i'm getting better

Oh, is it really so addictive? I can't wait to try it again. I rarely go outside just for a walk myself, as well, now at least there's gonna be a reason

Board footera