BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 3, 2016 8:28 am  #1

GimmeCat's little gifts

I've done a couple of fanart things and might as well share them with you, since they haven't had much exposure elsewhere.

I'm posting these from my Tumblr, which is here if you fancy following. I don't post a lot; usually just personal things, bits of art here and there, a bit of music. But it's the first place you'll see any new Sherlocky things from me.

I'll do more, eventually. Just have so many different plates to spin, and it's so hard to get me motivated to work!

Doomsteady on AO3 & Tumblr

June 3, 2016 8:38 am  #2

Re: GimmeCat's little gifts

They are lovely. Thank you for sharing them. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 3, 2016 9:09 am  #3

So sweet!
I see so many ways to color the second picture! *bats at her imaginationwhile the plates are not only spinning but falling down all around due to terrible time management*

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

June 3, 2016 10:00 am  #4

Beautiful.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 3, 2016 12:00 pm  #5

Oh! I forgot this one. It was technically the first. Louise as the always-adorable Molly.

June 3, 2016 12:05 pm  #6

Love it.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 3, 2016 4:04 pm  #7

Wow. Lovely.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 3, 2016 5:19 pm  #8

What lovely pictures! Thanks for sharing.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

June 3, 2016 5:39 pm  #9

Thank you all for the lovely comments.

June 17, 2016 8:03 pm  #10

I did a couple new pics lately. Because they are based on spoilery setlock information, I will just post a link rather than embedding the images here.

Dying for Some Chips

Of Angels and Demons

June 17, 2016 8:18 pm  #11

Love these!

June 19, 2016 6:27 am  #12

New one today

June 19, 2016 6:37 am  #13

Wow, that's gorgeous... and sad 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 19, 2016 11:16 am  #14

Couldn't do justice to what I pictured in my head, but yeah, very sad indeed. Thank you for the compliment!

I spent so many hours on Sherlock's face and had to eventually stop trying to get it looking right. I still don't think it looks much like him at all, but no matter what I tried, it never got closer to a likeness. So frustrating!

June 19, 2016 11:20 am  #15

It might not look exactly like him, but I don't think that matters - the essence of him is there and it's undeniably Sherlock.  And I think the expression and emotion is beautifully done. 

June 21, 2016 1:26 am  #16

If anyone has any requests, I currently have no ideas of my own and I'm eager to keep arting. Since it seems my life obsession at the moment is Sherlock, I might as well channel it into something productive.

As a challenge to myself, I'm up for anything, so go wild. Any characters, any scenes, any situation.

June 21, 2016 2:00 am  #17

Could you do something Summer-themed for our Midyear Fic Exchange? I'd love to have some artworks to post between stories 

Sherlock and John at the pool or beach, or a park, wearing summer clothes or not much at all
Holiday stuff, being tourists... And of course it doesn't have to be only Sherlock and John, any of the characters that you like to draw would be fine!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 21, 2016 2:46 am  #18

That sounds fun! I'll play around with some ideas, although I'm immediately liking the idea of a beach scene.

June 21, 2016 2:48 am  #19

Yay! Thank you for thinking about it, I look forward to whatever you come up with

June 21, 2016 2:55 am  #20

Do you think Mycroft likes building sandcastles?

Board footera