BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 2, 2016 11:32 am  #1

Where can I read M-Theory?

Hello!

I'm a very new fan, not even a month in, but I've watched the show several times through by now. I've already dug pretty deep into the meta archives. Just can't get enough of it, it's so much fun and there's SO much there already. Benefits of joining late into a fandom's lifespan, I suppose. ;)

I keep coming across mentions of "M-Theory" and I want to read about it, but all roads lead to LSiT's blog and I've been unable to find an external archive of it. I tried Wayback, but it's missing a lot of posts. I've also tried messaging a few people on Tumblr, but I never get a reply from anyone there and I don't like to send more than one message in case they'd be annoyed by it.

I've read elsewhere on this board that at least one person, I forget who, has multiple backup copies of M-Theory. So I know it must be out there, somewhere. The question is, where? A search brought back lots of references to it, but I couldn't find a masterlist.

Thanks for any help!

Last edited by GimmeCat (June 2, 2016 11:33 am)

Doomsteady on AO3 & Tumblr

June 2, 2016 6:22 pm  #2

Re: Where can I read M-Theory?

Hello and welcome to the forum, GimmeCat.
Sadly I have no idea where to find the M-Theory after Lsit has left, which is a shame, really. I hope anyone here has downloaded it to be safe.
Harriet, maybe?

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

June 2, 2016 8:35 pm  #3

Thank you for the warm welcome! :3

June 2, 2016 8:55 pm  #4

Hi, GimmeCat, I have it on my Kindle but I think you cannot send a file from Kindle to PC. And I do not have the download anymore. If anyone knows more, please tell me. 

But this could be interesting for you as well: On tumblr there soon will be a Sherlock Meta Library and LSiT has given her okay for her metas to be posted in there. So you should keep an eye on it. 

http://sherlockmetalibrary.tumblr.com

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 2, 2016 9:38 pm  #5

Rebekah posted the link to this Google Drive collection of LSiT metas because they were a source to her latest video:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-R0-ikRKha4YzVNc2hscnJRbjg&usp=sharing&tid=0B-R0-ikRKha4Si1rUnF6WHBmRG8&pageId=102167156478523910123

I hope you'll find there what you're looking for.

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

June 2, 2016 9:57 pm  #6

-----

June 2, 2016 10:38 pm  #7

Yes that's the one, but when you click 'read more' to actually start the journey, it's linking to LSiT.

Thank you for the other link! I'll take a browse through them. Is it easy to find which ones to read in the "correct order", as the above link suggests?

June 3, 2016 5:43 am  #8

Sorry about the M-theory, I've got reading yesterday and realized just the same. Duh.
As for the correct order - I'm reading "M-theory: The Empty Hearse" http://archive.is/76bvF#selection-115.0-115.26 right now and it makes sense alright.
I think the ones from the Google Drive are just random asks.

Last edited by ewige (June 3, 2016 5:44 am)

-----

Board footera