BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 16, 2016 8:07 pm  #1

Caption Competition Week 106

It's time for another round.  Here we go! What's going on here?

Clueing for looks.

May 17, 2016 6:26 am  #2

Re: Caption Competition Week 106

Sherlock:         "To  Lampshades!"

Mrs. Hudson:   How nice.

May 17, 2016 7:16 am  #3

Mrs Hudson: "Mike is doing very well with the speech, isn't he? Remember us sitting here three years ago, Mike being absent and poor Sherlock being the best man but looking like the bridegroom? All's well that ends well, that's all I say."

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 17, 2016 8:53 am  #4

Mrs. Hudson:  "Let's hope this one lasts.  Their matching tuxedos are lovely, don't you think?"

May 18, 2016 2:28 am  #5

Nice offerings, so far. Keep 'em coming!

Clueing for looks.

May 18, 2016 9:05 pm  #6

LESTRADE: Mrs. Hudson, your fruit soothers are amazing... so tasty!
MOLLY: And I bet they are very healthy.
MRS. HUDSON: Yes, Sherlock and John find it very healthy and helpful too. Especially at night, hehehe...
LESTRADE AND MOLLY: .....???
MRS. HUDSON: Did I said that out loud? Ooops, sorry...

Last edited by nakahara (May 18, 2016 9:06 pm)

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 25, 2016 7:12 pm  #7

MRS. HUDSON: So, my lovelies, did my fruit juice prove helpful for you two?
LESTRADE: it was marvellous, Mrs. Hudson! 
MOLLY: I never had such an exciting night in my life, Mrs. Hudson! We were up to the early morning with Greg...
MRS. HUDSON: I´m glad to hear that, my dear. It´s that blackberry leaf I use that gives you such stamina, you know? (And a teaspoon of amphetamines too, hehehe...)

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 27, 2016 12:38 am  #8

I will give you until Sunday before I pick the winner. Any more entries?

Clueing for looks.

May 30, 2016 1:12 pm  #9

All right, all right, all right! It's time for me to announce the winner of Caption Competition 106!
While this round was modest in the number of entries, the entries themselves were anything but modest.  I had fun reading every single one.  It was hard to pick the winner.  But here is the winner I chose:

nakahara wrote:

MRS. HUDSON: So, my lovelies, did my fruit juice prove helpful for you two?
LESTRADE: it was marvellous, Mrs. Hudson! 
MOLLY: I never had such an exciting night in my life, Mrs. Hudson! We were up to the early morning with Greg...
MRS. HUDSON: I´m glad to hear that, my dear. It´s that blackberry leaf I use that gives you such stamina, you know? (And a teaspoon of amphetamines too, hehehe...)

Mrs. Hudson was cheeky this week thanks to you nakahara! See you in the next round.

Clueing for looks.

May 31, 2016 5:33 pm  #10

Sorry for the delay, Yitzock, I never noticed yesterday that you declared me a winner of this round. 

Thank you. I´ll never thought I win, other contributions were all hilarious. 

I´ll try to choose something funny for next round in a jiff. 

Board footera