BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 19, 2016 7:06 am  #1461

Re: Series 4 Setlock (potential spoilers)

Liberty wrote:

I suppose Mary could be being interrogated too (if she's still in it by S4E3). 

It is a possibility - but why would she be interrogated by Bosniak or Serbian?

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 19, 2016 7:08 am  #1462

mrshouse wrote:

nakahara wrote:

besleybean wrote:

I'm thinking more about this line(Not that I'm obsessed or anything!).
It does depend on the context and also what John says to Sherlock first.
Say if John had already lost Mary(though that's not certain at this point), I could imagine him saying something like: I've already lost one person I love...
Then Sherlock could say: well if you love me, you will do as I ask.
Yes it could work.

Would it be such a problem if they kept the original line? Regarless of Mary?

No, nakahara, it wouldn't. Also in a perfect platonic sense. It would be nothing more than for once not revolving around Mary but concentrating on the main duo again. For the first time since long. You know, canon and stuff.

Precisely.

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 19, 2016 7:10 am  #1463

He looks like a detective that drinks too much and eats junk food.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

May 19, 2016 8:02 am  #1464

nakahara wrote:

mrshouse wrote:

nakahara wrote:

Would it be such a problem if they kept the original line? Regarless of Mary?

No, nakahara, it wouldn't. Also in a perfect platonic sense. It would be nothing more than for once not revolving around Mary but concentrating on the main duo again. For the first time since long. You know, canon and stuff.

Precisely.

Perfect!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

May 19, 2016 8:11 am  #1465

Schmiezi wrote:

nakahara wrote:

mrshouse wrote:

Precisely.

Perfect!

Yes, I do not see why this should have anything to do with Mary. It worked in Canon, so it should work here as well in any possible way. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 19, 2016 8:46 am  #1466

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

May 19, 2016 9:00 am  #1467

Lovely pics from yesterday. Is Sherlock growing a 'stashe??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 19, 2016 9:44 am  #1468

Liberty wrote:

I thought the new interrogator has been listed for S4E1?

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

May 19, 2016 9:49 am  #1469

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

Totally looks like a stashe. He better have a good reason for that :D

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

May 19, 2016 10:04 am  #1470

ewige wrote:

Totally looks like a stashe. He better have a good reason for that :D

Nooooooo....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

May 19, 2016 10:36 am  #1471

May 19, 2016 12:26 pm  #1472

May 19, 2016 12:28 pm  #1473

Oh - I suppose this will be a Himalaya flashback. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 19, 2016 12:40 pm  #1474

Or a flashback to the year 2000? 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

May 19, 2016 2:56 pm  #1475

Or this?

The people here on this stretch of 125th Street in East Harlem may change, but the drug remains the same: K2, also called synthetic marijuana, a potent mix of herbs and chemicals that has become widely used among homeless people in New York City.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

May 19, 2016 4:53 pm  #1476

Druggy Sherlock.

On the line: no of course it wouldn't be a problem per se, it's just that 21st century Englishmen don't tend to speak like that to each other unless related or drunk...though it would be lovely for 2 sober guys to actually say this to each other.
Having said that, I think they might speak like that if at least one of them was dying...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 19, 2016 5:26 pm  #1477

nakahara wrote:

Liberty wrote:

It is a possibility - but why would she be interrogated by Bosniak or Serbian?

I'm not familiar with the actor so don't know what nationalities he can play, but I don't see why Mary couldn't be wanted abroad?  It kind of depends on who she's worked for/with, what she knows, who she's assassinated,etc.  I feel it's all a big mystery at the moment. 

ewige wrote:

Liberty wrote:

I thought the new interrogator has been listed for S4E1?

Yes, you're right.  I don't know why I thought she'd have to stay alive!  We know she's in E1, so yes, it could be Mary.  (Or anyone ... or a flashback to anyone, including Mary.  I'm aware that I'm just speculating wildly on very little information!).

May 19, 2016 5:31 pm  #1478

besleybean wrote:

Druggy Sherlock.

On the line: no of course it wouldn't be a problem per se, it's just that 21st century Englishmen don't tend to speak like that to each other unless related or drunk...though it would be lovely for 2 sober guys to actually say this to each other.
Having said that, I think they might speak like that if at least one of them was dying...

Yes, I think so, and I think those actors could pull it off, so to speak.  I'm sure there have been other times when they've taken words from canon which might not be right for the time, but somehow sound fine.   The wedding speech is springing to mind, but I'm sure there's at least one other time that I can't quite place. 

May 19, 2016 5:37 pm  #1479

Oh, was the wedding speech canonical?
Remains the only best man's speech worth listening to.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 20, 2016 3:48 am  #1480

Me too 

Very lucky people around there! 

Gosh I literally can't wait to see the result of all of this, it's driving me nuts! 

Board footera