BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 14, 2016 8:06 am  #201

Re: Benedict and Sophie thread

That doesn't answer why we should mix up fiction and reality.
And which post are you referring to? One in here? With Sophie hate?

Last edited by mrshouse (May 14, 2016 8:07 am)

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

May 14, 2016 8:08 am  #202

There's no 'should' about it.
1. Somebody mentioned the subject and I responded to it.
2. My post above accurately describes my thought process.

EDIT: #194.

Last edited by besleybean (May 14, 2016 8:10 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 14, 2016 8:10 am  #203

Still no answer what reality and fiction have to do with each other. Pity.
I'll give up.

"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

May 14, 2016 8:11 am  #204

Fiction and reality don't always relate, but I think sometimes we all see the correlations and occasionally they are deliberate.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 14, 2016 8:16 am  #205

And that exactly is not always true.
Not everyone who doesn't like Marymorstanwatsonwhateverhernameis hates on Sophie.
Not everyone who doesn't like Mary is a Johnlocker and vice versa.
Not every Johnlocker is a Freebatcher *shudder*....
And so forth.
Different issues altogether.

May 14, 2016 8:22 am  #206

Sorry, we are rather at cross purposes. That isn't the totality of what I was talking about.
For instance:
1. We know Sherlock Holmes is based on a real person, that is fact.
2. But is CAM based on, for example, Rupert Murdoch?  I don't know, that's more a matter of debate.

In this particular case, I think you may have missed my edit, where I gave the post number.
I read a paragraph in there laughed and actually said to myself: if I hadn't seen the name, I would have thought somebody was speaking about Mary.

Last edited by besleybean (May 14, 2016 8:23 am)

May 14, 2016 8:25 am  #207

Can we get back to topic, now that it's clear that you, besley, don't see what the point is?

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 14, 2016 8:27 am  #208

Yes, I saw your edit and went back to reread the post. And of course noone can control their inner reactions when reading a post, that is for sure. My initial concern was just not to mix things up here.
For your first paragraph I don't really understand what it has to do with the topic. But that's probably me.

May 14, 2016 9:10 am  #209

I'm glad that at least some people recognise we can all see things differently.

May 14, 2016 9:12 am  #210

Who doesn't?

May 14, 2016 9:13 am  #211

Not me.

EDIT: sorry, fro clarification. I do recognise it!

Last edited by besleybean (May 14, 2016 9:15 am)

May 14, 2016 9:16 am  #212

Hm, not very fruitful exchange, but anyway:
TOPIC!
Ben and Sophie are a nice couple and have a lovely son.
Anyone thinking they are expecting again?
I'm not sure, her face is still so slim.

May 14, 2016 9:19 am  #213

I too think they are a lovely family.
I don't really like gossiping about pregnancies, but again I was just being honest: it did cross my mind, on the last couple of pix.
Suffice to say it would be lovely if Christopher does get a sibling, but no big deal if he doesn't!

May 14, 2016 11:13 am  #214

mrshouse wrote:

Hm, not very fruitful exchange, but anyway:
TOPIC!
Ben and Sophie are a nice couple and have a lovely son.
Anyone thinking they are expecting again?
I'm not sure, her face is still so slim.

It would be nice. And slim face isn't a good indicator. With my second child, I lost a lot of weight in the first trimester ( I wasn't exactly sick, but didn't have much apetite either) only in the second half of the pregnycy I finally started to gain weight. (my first pregnancy was a complete opposite)

May 14, 2016 12:13 pm  #215

Mod's note: Thank you for steering back to topic, mrshouse. To all concerned: Can we please keep discussions about fictional characters out of discussions about real people? Especially a slightly delicate thread like this one should be handled with the necessary care. Thank you all. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 14, 2016 1:44 pm  #216

Delicate?
It's just good to have a thread to enjoy our appreciation of lovely Benedict and Sophie.

May 14, 2016 5:43 pm  #217

I honestly don't know how to tell if she's expecting again and honestly I don't care because it's not my business. We will find out in time. But, in my personal opinion, I don't think it's necessarily a good idea to have another kid so fast after the first. I get that there could be some advantages to them being close in age, but it seems like taking on a lot very quickly. Shouldn't you let your body recover and think carefully about your choices?
But that's my unimportant outside view. I don't even want kids, or at least don't want to give birth to kids, so my view is not the most relevant and certainly not based on personal experience.

In the meantime, I wonder how long it will be until we see the two of them again together.

Last edited by Yitzock (May 14, 2016 5:46 pm)

Clueing for looks.

May 14, 2016 5:53 pm  #218

Very soon, I should think.

July 11, 2016 8:04 am  #219

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 11, 2016 8:14 am  #220

Cute overload.

Board footera