BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 14, 2016 8:53 am  #781

Re: sherlock series 4 (spoilers inside)

mrshouse wrote:

*Schmiezi sarcasm off*

Thanks. I knew I forgot something. ;-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

May 14, 2016 9:22 am  #782

Thank you, mrshouse, just what I wanted to say. I think after 10 episodes we do not have to start from scratch again. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 14, 2016 9:24 am  #783

But as we know, people enter the fandom at all different times and for various reasons.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 14, 2016 9:28 am  #784

Let's get back to the topic.

Oh, S4 is being filmed? Great!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

May 14, 2016 9:29 am  #785

Schmiezi wrote:

Let's get back to the topic.

Oh, S4 is being filmed? Great!!!

Well.... 

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

May 14, 2016 9:33 am  #786

(I only went OT in reply to others.)
Well I dunno, even that has mixed blessings.
I was just thinking about this today...
Do I really like seeing all the spoilers?
I remain unsure...just a general musing.
Is there anything anybody wishes they hadn't seen?
I know I worried when I saw S3 spoilers, tho it kind of turned out alright.
EDIT: and again, I recognise we have to accept the rough with the smooth.

Last edited by besleybean (May 14, 2016 9:35 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 14, 2016 9:57 am  #787

Good question.  It's something I've thought about, because, as I didn't start watching until after S3 had been aired, I had some major spoilers all the way through.  I have to say, they didn't actually "spoil" the story for me ... I still enjoyed wondering how they were going to get there. 

TAB was the first episode I had the chance to watch completely unspoiled.  I ended up dipping in and out of the spoiler thread, and that may be why I didn't feel I'd seen too much, but I don't know if it really matters.   I still didn't know exactly how select scenes would fit into the story.   It's funny, I read recently that fans had predicted the whole of TAB, but I remember at the time that there were also sorts of guesses flying around - that it was going to be based around Oscar Wilde's trial for instance, that it was going to be an adaptation of "The Blue Carbuncle", etc.  So I think some of the guesses hit the mark, and some didn't, but I don't think any of the guesses spoiled it for me. 

I had mixed feelings about spoilers for S4.  However, I looked up what people had written about S3 during Setlock, and really, it wasn't too bad, spoilerwise.  Perhaps there was more that fans kept secret, I don't know.   But I didn't feel anything I read there would have "spoiled" it for me.     There was nothing much more than I might have seen in a trailer.  So I have been tentatively looking at setlock/spoilers for S4, and hopefully the fact that I now know there's a dog in it, etc., isn't going to spoil it for me!  I imagine there will be some big suprises that are hidden at the moment.

I can only answer if there's anything I wish I hadn't seen for TAB, and I don't think there is.   

May 14, 2016 10:21 am  #788

I think I can largely agree with you.
I mean, going right back to the start for me: I first heard of Sherlock from a radio interview I caught with Benedict(who I'd never even heard of) and I think Steven, bit it could have been Mark...I can't remember!
It was on Radio 4 and they were talking about their new Sherlock Holmes TV adaptation and I just thought it sounded fabulous and I was so excited about it.
Then I saw(infamously) the trailer and I thought ''Ooh, are they going down the gay route?' and was even more excited!
The major spoilers I saw(and remember) for S2 were Irene at a window. Well by then we kind of knew they were doing SCANDAL and that still could have meant anything.
Then Sherlock in his sheet. I had a couple of theories for that, but never could have guessed the real solution!
For S3 it became obvious they were going down the route of John hitting Sherlock on reunion and I wasn't happy about that at all(and I'm still not). But as it turned out, the way they did it- it was fine.
Then of course it became obvious, too that they were doing the wedding. I wasn't mad on that either, but once more it was all done fine.
Other then the cited errors: Oscar and Blue Carbuncle, I don't recall any TAB spoilers.
As for S4. Well I had been perfectly happy with everything I'd seen...but like I said I dunno, I just started musing about it today.
Of course it does largely depend upon how it all turns out.
Suffice to say I've been perfectly happy with all of the aired episodes.

May 14, 2016 2:31 pm  #789

Overall the creators are extremely careful about not letting us see anything that would be a true spoiler.
I'm just grateful for the things they give us to practice our detective skills on.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

May 15, 2016 6:58 am  #790

Thank you so much! 

mrshouse wrote:

May I cordially invite you to the "official Johnlock thread"?
We discuss the different views there.

May 16, 2016 2:36 pm  #791

Now, what do we say about the casting news regarding Toby Jones?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2016/toby-jones-joins-sherlock?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_press_office&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=corporate

Mmh, 'one of Doyle's finest villains', any idea who that might be? But whoever he's playing, I'm sure he's going to be great.

Last edited by James Norrington (May 16, 2016 2:38 pm)

"Love something, and love it deeply."
Andrew Scott

"I don’t care how hypothetical it is, I’m not flying with a live otter in the flight deck."
Captain Martin Crieff

May 16, 2016 2:41 pm  #792

Toby Jones is a fantastic actor!  And how excellent he's going to be a villain!

Could those more familiar with the original canon speculate on this comment?

"Co-creator, writer and executive producer Steven Moffat, says: "Delighted to have Toby Jones on board, bringing to life one of Doyle’s finest villains."

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

May 16, 2016 2:51 pm  #793

He makes a good villain! I look forward to see it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 16, 2016 3:06 pm  #794

Oh, that's great news and very intriguing!  I don't see him as Baron Gruner, and I remember somebody mentioning here that Moftiss thought Moran was boring.  Obviously not Moriarty (unless he's behind Moriarty or something like that), or Milverton.  Maybe if we have a list we can see who would fit?  So, it looks like he's not in S4E1, but we see him in S4E2?  I really want to know if he's in S4E3 also, i.e. if he's going to be the ubervillain of S4, or a one-episode wonder.   "One of Doyle's finest villains" suggests the former?

Last edited by Liberty (May 16, 2016 3:07 pm)

May 16, 2016 3:24 pm  #795

If it were possible to actually die from curiosity, I would be six feet under.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

May 16, 2016 3:51 pm  #796

Well I am pleased about Toby.
But again, I have to face the reality of no more Andrew.
I would have quite fancied Toby as ' The Other one'.

May 16, 2016 3:57 pm  #797

Didn't canon Moriarty have a brother, though?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

May 16, 2016 4:14 pm  #798

Well yes.
But not being funny, that would be a bit of a stretch...
But maybe!

May 16, 2016 4:20 pm  #799

There's speculation on tumblr, that Ben, Martin and Amanda filmed in Cardiff uni today.
It appears they set up a floor as children's hospital. Ben from the close was made up with greasy hair and looking somehow exhausted and unshaved.
There's a rumour that baby Watson is involved in this. Someone speculated on a story where the villain poisons his nephew, now being turned into someone from Mary's past poisoning baby Watson. Sherlock either could be days and nights at the kids sick bed or he plays sick himself, like in"The dying detective".

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

May 16, 2016 4:34 pm  #800

TDD would be great, I love that story (also it requires John not living in Baker Street, so now might be the time to do it)

****************************************************************************************************************************************
We balance probabilities and choose the most likely. It is the scientific use of the imagination.    

Board footera