BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 12, 2016 9:59 pm  #1341

Re: Series 4 Setlock (potential spoilers)

besleybean wrote:

As long as Irene doesn't 'pop up' any where near Sherlock...I'm happy! 

To be honest, I hope Mary's departure wouldn't signal Irene's return...

I don't know ... they do seem to be keen to have a major female character in the episodes.  But I feel that Irene's main purpose was to show an aspect of Sherlock and she's done that now.  I don't see why they would want to develop her character. 

May 13, 2016 5:31 am  #1342

I agree and only hope the team feel the same.
I mean on Irene having served her purpose.
A strong Molly would suit me just fine!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 13, 2016 8:19 am  #1343

What if Canada were linked to Mary's past?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

May 13, 2016 8:49 am  #1344

That's what we are discussing, Lilythiell

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

May 13, 2016 8:58 am  #1345

Ah, yes. Should have paid more attention to what I was reading. Apologies.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

May 13, 2016 11:25 am  #1346

----------

May 13, 2016 11:31 am  #1347

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 13, 2016 11:31 am  #1348

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 13, 2016 11:33 am  #1349

May 13, 2016 11:34 am  #1350

Attention to detail, I see! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 14, 2016 2:27 am  #1351

So much happened here when I wasn't looking! Always happens.

I like these theories on using Canadian locales and I am down for all of it! Niagara Falls has the potential for interesting action sequences. While Toronto (where he took the photo of the CN Tower, formerly the tallest building in the world) is often used as a stand-in for other cities, it could also be playing itself. Either way, my family and I would recognize it.
An appearance by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau would be fun if it happened. It would not be the first time I saw a Prime Minister on a TV show, though those times were on Canadian shows, like Murdoch Mysteries (my other favourite detective). I for one am VERY curious what they will do.

Clueing for looks.

May 14, 2016 3:47 am  #1352

Very curious about all hints. getting more excited about season 4 every minute. 

May 14, 2016 6:34 am  #1353

Me too. It's a shame there are so many minutes to go until we see it!

May 14, 2016 6:10 pm  #1354

Yitzock wrote:

So much happened here when I wasn't looking! Always happens.

We were just talking about how attractive "your" Prime Minister is.

----------

May 14, 2016 6:23 pm  #1355

Yes, I saw that. You are not the only people who have said that.

Clueing for looks.

May 17, 2016 6:49 am  #1356

May 17, 2016 6:53 am  #1357

Some photos from Cardiff Uni:

May 17, 2016 6:58 am  #1358

Liberty wrote:

Oh, that's great news and very intriguing!  I don't see him as Baron Gruner, and I remember somebody mentioning here that Moftiss thought Moran was boring.  Obviously not Moriarty (unless he's behind Moriarty or something like that), or Milverton.  Maybe if we have a list we can see who would fit?  So, it looks like he's not in S4E1, but we see him in S4E2?  I really want to know if he's in S4E3 also, i.e. if he's going to be the ubervillain of S4, or a one-episode wonder.   "One of Doyle's finest villains" suggests the former?

My bet is Culverton Smith from Dying Detective or Roylott from Speckled Band.

May 17, 2016 6:59 am  #1359

May 17, 2016 7:07 am  #1360

Ouch!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera